Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Same, sitting just shy of 12k. Worked well on the fights we've done so far in ToT, Especially with the multi dotting uptime.

Deleted
    I think ( not sure) that Hast > Crit on 5.2 now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by healtesse View Post
    I think ( not sure) that Hast > Crit on 5.2 now

Even in 5.1 I preferred Haste over Crit. Was better for multi dotting.

Drye, which talents is haste x 2 > Int? I'm still going for int gems over haste gems where socket bonus allows but not sure how much benefit it gets to switch to pure haste, seems like it's right on the limit.
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2013-03-07 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Even in 5.1 I preferred Haste over Crit. Was better for multi dotting.

Drye, which talents is haste x 2 > Int? I'm still going for int gems over haste gems where socket bonus allows but not sure how much benefit it gets to switch to pure haste, seems like it's right on the limit.
    There's a few things the effect it, spell power, ilvl, and fight mechanics. These generally effect haste more than talents. For the most part the largest factor is spell power. I'd say right now as a general rule of thumb, that ~507ish ilvl is a good time to start gemming haste.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    There's a few things the effect it, spell power, ilvl, and fight mechanics. These generally effect haste more than talents. For the most part the largest factor is spell power. I'd say right now as a general rule of thumb, that ~507ish ilvl is a good time to start gemming haste.
    My thinking is also that higher haste breakpoints will start to have a lesser effect on diminishing haste's value as a stat just after reaching said breakpoints i.e. once you hit a breakpoint at 10124 or 12k or whichever breakpoint, hastes value will still be quite strong compared to crit and it won't 'dip' slightly. Hence I don't see a reason to be "aiming for a breakpoint" at all but just keep going for haste. Will see though...

Deleted
    So i ask again my question begin with this topic for the 5.2

Without Bonus T14 4 pieces, must i take 10124 hast ( and less intell) for dps more or stay with my 8085 hast (with more intell)

I'm lost a little xD

I'm 496 ilv and i test with 10124 hast and with 8085 and i DPS more with 10124...but when i look a lot of good Shadow priest in great guild with the armury, i see 0 SP with 10124 hast so i change again a stay with 8085 for don't be the alone SP with 10124 in the worldr^^

Sorry for my bad english again, it is not my language^^, i think you saw that^^

If you ilvl is less than 507ish nothing has changed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Not to mention that it's pretty much impossible to rank with iLvl 506 gear when all the Priests who have farmed 16/16 HC for a while have like 512, a huuuge difference.
    512? What about all the Taiwanese and Chinese players with 530 ilevel? Goodbye ranking on NA/EU realms unless you are godly.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    512? What about all the Taiwanese and Chinese players with 530 ilevel? Goodbye ranking on NA/EU realms unless you are godly.
    Ranks (WoL) and progress (WoWProgess) have been split in to 'West' and 'Asia' categories.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Deleted
    But what i don't understand, i'm 496 ilv and when i have 10124 hast ( gem hast on my stuff) with less intell so, i dps MORE during the raid and if i test again the same boss with 8085 hast with more intell so, i dps less +/- 10k less....

why i have that ??? It is for that i hesitate so much :/
    I know i do the wrong choice with my 10124 like 99,9% of Shadow priest have 8085 but i don't understand why i dps more with 10124 :/

Deleted
    so at ilvl 511 now with the new rep neck and trinket its safe to go 320 haste on all yellow, reckless on all red, and haste spi on all blue? And finally set reforgelite to go haste with no cap above crit above mastery? Thank the gods.

5.2 haste thread: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3160

5.0 haste thread: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1748

Both should be very helpful in explaining what you are looking for.

Deleted
    yep yep im reading those obviously. On the first page you didnt update the thread, and it says go full haste only after getting LMG, and just going for higher breakpoints before. Reading the thread in its entirety i saw that you advise full haste at around 505-509 ilvl.

Anyways i did that for tonights raid, getting to 10924 haste and i must say it went pretty well. Considering we did Tortos and Magaera which seem nice fights for priests, i am approving of the 5.2 changes. We do well way better on single target now and getting some better scaling is always good.

I'll be pushing a new update this weekend.

Deleted
    How do the t14 set bonuses effect those numbers Drye, maybe I am missing something, but are all those numbers assuming 4xt14 or no pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    How do the t14 set bonuses effect those numbers Drye, maybe I am missing something, but are all those numbers assuming 4xt14 or no pieces.
    With t14, your VT breakpoints become the same as what your non t14 SW: P breakpoints would be and your SW: P breakpoints are different again, so bascially with the T14 bonus you still have breakpoints in the same places for SW: P, only now they are VT breakpoints.

The main advantage of the haste breakpoints is however for DP, which is unchanged by T14. If you are going to aim for any breakpoints at all, those are the ones to go for imo.

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    The main advantage of the haste breakpoints is however for DP, which is unchanged by T14. If you are going to aim for any breakpoints at all, those are the ones to go for imo.
    Agreed. Those are done with t15 in mind. 2pc t15 is far superior to 4pct14, just one sa tick makes it stronger. So you want to get 2pc as quickly as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I'm gemming full haste right now. Mainly due to my ilvl/Shadowform buff. Seeing very nice results.
    yeah was doing this 2 this night.
    got like 8,5k+ DPS on simcraft with Insanity and PI
    [http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Meyla/advanced

i will test it sunday at the last 3 bosses. we will see
    Last edited by painizm; 2013-03-08 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szer View Post
    Ok. You have knowledge, gear and possibility to compete. What's stopping you from being ranked on bosses amongst Shadow Priests with similar gear, in same bracket, at the same boss?
    I usually find its this thing called "Real Life".

Not every person who understands mechanics and can simplify it for us more mortals has sufficient available play time to actually put the amount of time in at the right times to be able to raid, whereas its easy enough to spend a lot of time on PTR as it will of your choice rather than set weekly.

I was going to go more, but that would be impolite >.<

I think my priest is coming back out of the cupboard, and this at least reminded me that i need the haste cap

It's like a coach in any sports. Some are old players, most are people that understand the theory in minute details and can direct the 'skilled people' to be even better. . Good players don't necessarily know the theorycraft, and theorycrafters may not have the twitch/click-per-minute/pixel precison that high-end gamers may have. Both learn and gain from the other.

I feel like Rodney King now... can't we all live together?