Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebulla View Post
    Didn't want to make a new thread, so i will reply here: what was the PP value of 4 set T14 bonus? i know i saw it somewhere, but cant find it anywhere .. i ask this because i want to know if i should drop T14 4set bonus (1x 496 item lvl, other 517) for 2upgrades from ToT (1x 528 item lvl. other 522). Ty in advance
    From the [Shadow] Best in Slot List (No LMG) - 5.2 / T15 it lists the value as 797.54 PP.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    I hate to reply this way but...
    Which didn't answer my question. I was asking about the parameters of YOUR sims, not how to setup my own sims. I'm happy to rely on your 24 hours of simming, but I would like more details of what you covered in that time (specifically what gear was used, and what stats that actually gave the character).

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Which didn't answer my question. I was asking about the parameters of YOUR sims, not how to setup my own sims. I'm happy to rely on your 24 hours of simming, but I would like more details of what you covered in that time (specifically what gear was used, and what stats that actually gave the character).
    You can see all of the results and setups here: http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/resources/2013/march/ .

The profile used is the current SimulationCraft BiS profile with minor adjustments, such as neutral race and professions (I.E.: those which don't give any extra bonuses, like Goblin/Troll/Human or Engineering/Blacksmithing) and an optimal raid composition. This gets updated as needed but has been tested to show the highest DPS output (not looking at any scaling here, just highest DPS output). For this, Haste wins hands down -- if you try to use a 'balanced' haste/mastery/crit (pick two, or all three) or try to stack crit or mastery, you end up with lower DPS results.

Sim all 9 combinations of T3 and T5 talents using the same (BiS) profile in Patchwerk, Ultraxion, HelterSkelter, Light Movement and Heavy Movement fight types for 1 and 2 targets. Also run these sims with positive and negative scaling (1000) to generate stat weights that encompass potential future as well as previously obtained breakpoints -- this totals to a 2000 point delta for stats, or about 15% of the obtainable range in-game right now.

I take those results and process them as described here: http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/?p=631

Additionally, I run more sims that remove the 4P, 4P+2P, and LMG bonus to demonstrate how valuable they each are.

I also do this for a normal profile and will be doing this for a pre-T15 / pre-raid profile. A fresh set is on the way this weekend with some actionlist improvements as well.

In total for one run (say, BiS w/LMG) I do:

Stat Weights:
    9 Talent Combos * 5 Fight Types * 2 Target Amounts {1 and 2} = 90 Sim Profiles
    90 Sim Profiles * 13 stats to calculate weights for {Baseline/Int/SP/Haste/Crit/Mastery up and down + Hit down} = 1170 Sims for Stat Weights

Set Bonuses and LMG
    9 Talent Combos * 5 Fight Types * 2 Target Amounts {1 and 2} * 3 Subtypes {No 4P + No 4P+2P + No LMG} = 270 Sims for Bonuses

1440 sims total for each grouping I'm looking for data about. At 25,000 iterations each, or 36,000,000 iterations in total.

Please note, this does not include the new 'Horridon' sim type or any sims with little adds that spawn and disappear. I'm trying to address the best way of getting meaningful results out of extra sims like this before including them in any calculations.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Twintop have you looked into doing any modified priority lists for those with the http://www.wowhead.com/item=96558/un...on-of-lei-shen ?
    I was doing some sims using the standard priority set yesterday.
    With the way my gear is currently set up. If I keep the heroic-upgraded elegon, I am able to reach the 41.76% haste mark (+3). The sims are showing this at about 600 dps up from using the unerring vision, with the haste cap itself being valued at approx 25-2600 dps. However I'm aware that it doesn't have any way to prioritize refreshing dots while the buff is up.
    From the test I ran on target dummies once I got it, I found it to be fairly significant in terms of potential burst. (I was refreshing dots using the priority of VT>SWP>MB>DP) This would usually barely use up the amount of time on the proc, and worst case if I didn't have a MB ready I would just go straight into DP. This seemed to be the best use of available time using the Cast,Instant,Cast,Instant and refreshing all 3 dots during its uptime.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-03-24 at 08:22 PM.