Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    You shouldn't post if you don't know what you are talking about. Haste requires that you cast more to get the same healing.
    That is not how haste rating works. Take your own advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    Why do you use PW:S->HF->Smite x4? From what I've seen, casting HF consumes Borrowed Time becuase it's not a true instant, just a gimmick one. I tend to do PW:S->Smite->HF->Smite x2-3 and usually Penance is off CD. If you happen to be wearing the healer 4-piece, it gets even more skewed. Anyways, it´s sort of moot given that in 5.2, HF will be instant baseline, and Solace as well. /shrug
    The 5.2 solace and HF do not consume borrowed time. In 5.1 9% haste before raid buffs is required to perform a perfect penance-HF-smitex3 at 8.5s. Penance benefits from borrowed time and does not consume it, so it always better to cast PWS before penance if you can. If you are trying to go for max DPS at a particular point, then the sequence I posted next you an extra smite and if you can afford the reflective shield it nets you 2.5 extra smites, so it is massively better than going for crit.

Quote Originally Posted by ryegeleye View Post
    Another clueless person who thinks he knows everything.

Here is how it is. If you cast 10 spells with 100% haste 0 mastery and 10 spells with 0% haste and 60% mastery then you would heal 60% less with the haste. Sure your spells would land faster, but they will be weaker. If you want to say that haste is not affected by overheal but mastery is then even if half the value of mastery was wasted on overheal you would still end up with 30% more healing.

Haste is not free it costs other stats, which make your spells bigger. If you take haste you need to cast more spells to get the same healing as you would with the other stats.

There is no point discussing whether the sun is blue or not, because if you think its blue there is clearly something wrong with your eyes. Haste requires that you cast more spells than with mastery/crit. If you take haste and you are running oom because your mana cast support casting more spells, then you just shot yourself in the arse by taking haste.
    Last edited by mmoc58baca37e6; 2013-03-03 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryegeleye View Post
    Another clueless person who thinks he knows everything.

Haste is not free it costs other stats, which make your spells bigger. If you take haste you need to cast more spells to get the same healing as you would with the other stats.
    While you are absolutely correct, Havoc, even I did a double take when I saw that sentence. My first thought was "That's not right." followed quickly by "Oh, he means Haste requires you to cast more, whereas Crit and Mastery do not."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 5.2 solace and HF do not consume borrowed time. In 5.1 9% haste before raid buffs is required to perform a perfect penance-HF-smitex3 at 8.5s. Penance benefits from borrowed time and does not consume it, so it always better to cast PWS before penance if you can. If you are trying to go for max DPS at a particular point, then the sequence I posted next you an extra smite and if you can afford the reflective shield it nets you 2.5 extra smites, so it is massively better than going for crit.
    Yeah, kinda slipped by when I posted it, I meant to put Penance right after PW:S. However, I only focus on "pure dps" rotations on some fights (Garajal progression comes to mind :P) and most of RF, and I really haven't gotten the gear for pure dps (too much mastery in my healing gear, but w/e xD). I never thought of the reflective shield though - however, I don't think I'll go for it, but I got a friend who does like to min/max his priest's disc DPS aspect, so I'll let him know.
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Almost afraid to ask but:

How do these stats all apply to HOLY and 25 mans?

I just wanted to thank Havoc for a consistent use of math and logic in his/her posts as opposed to sparkle-pony opinion. Lucky for me I don't play at anything near a serious level that requires min-max/top level play, but I enjoy knowing what's what regardless. FWIW, I personally was mastery stacked disc heals and recently swapped over to haste/mastery holy healing for a change of pace. I'm looking forward to seeing how holy plays out in 5.2.

Oh whelp,Almost though this was going to be a pvp thread.... /Sadface can't input my good wisdom,Oh well guess i'll hippity hop over to the easter bunnies.