Predicting RealPPM procs

As I understand it, procs that use the RealPPM system have a current proc rate that is proportional to the time from the last proc. When the proc happens, this proc rate is reset and builds up again until the next proc.

Are there any addons to track how long it's been since the trinket's last proc?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    As I understand it, procs that use the RealPPM system have a current proc rate that is proportional to the time from the last proc. When the proc happens, this proc rate is reset and builds up again until the next proc.

Are there any addons to track how long it's been since the trinket's last proc?
    It's time since the last chance to proc, not the last proc. Real PPM oriented things are way too random to even be able to know the frequency of the proc or know when it's going to proc. All I can tell you if something is 1 RealPPM, that means on average you will get 1 proc per minute without factoring in haste regardless of what abilities you are using to proc it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    It's time since the last chance to proc, not the last proc. Real PPM oriented things are way too random to even be able to know the frequency of the proc or know when it's going to proc. All I can tell you if something is 1 RealPPM, that means on average you will get 1 proc per minute without factoring in haste regardless of what abilities you are using to proc it.
    Is there any factor to smooth out the proc rate over time? For example, is it possible for a trinket with a proc rate of 1 RealPPM (assuming 0% haste) to proc 4 times back to back and then not proc again for the next 4 minutes?