Deleted

Subbing for a month

I am thinking of resubscribing for a month I have not been a subscriber since may I think, my questions are

1. Have I missed the chance to get the bonus cartel coins that where offered to old subscribers.
    2. Will I automatically get the ability to equip artifact gear or do I still have to buy it with coins.
    3. Assuming the answer to no.1 was that I lost out, how many coins do Re-subscribers receive.

Thanks for any answers and sorry If this has been covered already I don't have a huge amount of time on my hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope people can clarify this because I'm curious as well, I've been considering sub also. If I remember correctly you do get everything that's restricted to non-subscribers so to answer your 2nd question, I'd say yes.

http://www.swtor.com/free/features - Search for Item Equipping and then hover your mouse over the shaded in dot.

Digging through their site I've found a few more details on your questions.

Question 1, here's a quote from their FAQ: "You will still be able earn your Complimentary Cartel Coins by renewing your subscription or adding a Game Time Code on or before January 7th, 2013 at 11:59PM CDT" - Sadly it seems we've both missed out on the Complimentary Cartel Coins.

As for Question 3, do you mean to ask if you get a certain amount of Cartel Coins every month for subscribing? I wouldn't have a clue sadly, maybe someone else might know the answer.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-02-28 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the help much appreciated. Subbers receive 500 coins if they are on a recurring subscription, more if they are on 90/180 day subs.
    Last edited by mmoccd46ca69e4; 2013-02-28 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane101 View Post
    Thanks for all the help much appreciated. Subbers receive 500 coins if they are on a recurring subscription, more if they are on 90/180 day subs.
    You also get a monthly bonus for having a security key.

Just to be clear... if you resub for a month you will be able to use artifact gear while you are subbed, if you unsub though you'll have to purchase the unlock to use that gear. Also, I don't think you get any coins when you resub, just when your subscription renews.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Have I missed the chance to get the bonus cartel coins that where offered to old subscribers.
    Yes.
    2. Will I automatically get the ability to equip artifact gear or do I still have to buy it with coins.
    You will be able to equip artifact gear until your subscription runs out. Any new gear after that needs the unlock. I would suggest using any of your credits over 350k to buy every unlock you may want/need for your characters during your subscription time. Avoid the gambling boxes as they are practically worthless in your situation. If you want these items, you can also use your credits for them on the GTN.
    3. Assuming the answer to no.1 was that I lost out, how many coins do Re-subscribers receive.
    You get none for being a resub, 500 for your 1 month sub, no more unless you sub again/buy them.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-02-28 at 08:49 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Excellent thanks all for the speedy and very helpful responses. I have paid my sub and got my 500 coins and I guess ill see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Just to be clear... if you resub for a month you will be able to use artifact gear while you are subbed, if you unsub though you'll have to purchase the unlock to use that gear. Also, I don't think you get any coins when you resub, just when your subscription renews.
    no no you got it wrong. if you resub for a month you will be able to use artifact gear . If you unsub you will still be able to use the artifact gear you acquired when you were subbed but cannot use any new artifact gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    no no you got it wrong. if you resub for a month you will be able to use artifact gear . If you unsub you will still be able to use the artifact gear you acquired when you were subbed but cannot use any new artifact gear.
    This.

I returned to the game with my PvE armor still equipped, I haven't got around to checking the stats but I'm pretty sure the stats are active aswell because I have quite a large HP pool.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I returned to the game with my PvE armor still equipped, I haven't got around to checking the stats but I'm pretty sure the stats are active aswell because I have quite a large HP pool.
    No that is correct, I completely forgot about that part

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    No that is correct, I completely forgot about that part
    I would think if you un-equip a piece of that gear by accident or any other method you would no longer be able to equip it. I could be wrong but I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I would think if you un-equip a piece of that gear by accident or any other method you would no longer be able to equip it. I could be wrong but I think not.
    Nope. Once you've equipped that gear, you can re-equip. I was able to use my PvP and PvE gear while unsubscribed.

There is really no point to play if you are not sub.
    You get so many restriction and feel like wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    There is really no point to play if you are not sub.
    You get so many restriction and feel like wasting time.
    well all depends on your playstyle dude. me i just like doing a daily or 20 and a FP for kicks, there are those that like the ops so they do that or the occasional WZ. all these can be purchased on the GTN for 350k creds or under(JC has some good people selling under 300k often) so yea its a tad restrictive but very much playable.

my only suggestion for subing is to get the max amount of daily comms to get your dread relics and then unsub. F2P only get a mx of 175 daily comms and the dreads are 300. get you get your unlocks with the creds and your golden.