Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    My guess is at the end of this season you will still have more rets then all monks combined.
    Yeah... no.

    OT: I think that WW Monk representation will go up considerably.

  2. #22
    Paladins aren't the most played class because of strength...

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    Paladins aren't the most played class because of strength...
    Yeah, the high number of Rets is a fluke, probably caused by people wanting to be like Uther, Arthas, Tirion... combined with nubs who are easily impressed by burst. Ret has rarely been anything more than mediocre at best, aside from a month or two here and there, and was OP only for a few days/weeks after Burning Crusade ended.

    I'm pretty optimistic about WW, I don't think they will be super OP, but they will be strong for sure. I hope they don't get too many knee-jerk nerfs, just like every other hybrid spec does when they actually become good. I'm surprised they even allowed SPriests to actually stay decent. Few other spec that can off-heal have ever been allowed to be more than mediocre.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-03-01 at 08:49 PM.

  4. #24
    yeah WW is still kind of gimped. It was looking good, but in RBG's we' still won't be taken.

  5. #25
    I've been messing around with them on the PTR, we still don't really have any nuke, but our consistent damage with 10 brews will give the healer a lot of stress.

  6. #26
    The mastery change is good, nimble brew will be good, jury's still out on ring of peace versus leg sweep. I guess you can't really trinket RoP. Survivability is a bit better with ToK, but I think we won't be anything special for PVP. Not enough burst.

  7. #27
    Ring of Peace might not be as awesome as we hoped. But it is so crippling against melee that at least our appeal compared to other melee will go up. We can really shut down an enemy team's Frost DK or Arms Warrior. Killing enemy FCs will also be much easier: a Prot Warrior disarmed for 8 seconds is dead meat, especially if you can disarm him with grapple weapon before. Overall, though it's complete bull-crap that they made it so strong against melee and so mediocre against casters, since casters are already dominating RBGs.

  8. #28
    Monks will still have the lowest glad representation come the end of 5.2

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    Monks will still have the lowest glad representation come the end of 5.2
    Maybe because people are too lazy to switch their main, but not because of weakness. I'm not saying they will be insanely OP, but the 5.2 buffs are pretty significant.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Maybe because people are too lazy to switch their main, but not because of weakness. I'm not saying they will be insanely OP, but the 5.2 buffs are pretty significant.
    Too lazy to switch their main... You apparently don't realize how much people will do to gain an edge in this game. If monks were OP people would switch. Do you have any idea how many pvpers lvl'd DKs when they were OP? Let me give you an example. Every dungeon I did from 58+ till like 74 ish was 5 dks in grp when wrath first came out. Yes, 5 dks.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 04:12 PM ----------

    Oh also the nerfs were pretty significant to them as well, might want to add that.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 04:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Maybe because people are too lazy to switch their main, but not because of weakness. I'm not saying they will be insanely OP, but the 5.2 buffs are pretty significant.
    They got nerfs as well as buffs.

  11. #31
    Dreadlord Kyuubi87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Maybe because people are too lazy to switch their main, but not because of weakness. I'm not saying they will be insanely OP, but the 5.2 buffs are pretty significant.
    It will improve our situation but I don't think it will be enough because we don't really bring anything significant to let's say.. a RBG.

  12. #32
    Brewmaster willtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    Every dungeon I did from 58+ till like 74 ish was 5 dks in grp when wrath first came out. Yes, 5 dks.
    That's because they were the first class to be added into the game from an expansion, not because of OPness, I bet if you look back, most of those DKs never got to 80

    OT: Enough was done to make them super viable, then they were nerfed now they're more viable than they are in 5.1, but not as desirable, albeit, op as they could've been
    Velcro. What a rip off.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    That's because they were the first class to be added into the game from an expansion, not because of OPness, I bet if you look back, most of those DKs never got to 80

    OT: Enough was done to make them super viable, then they were nerfed now they're more viable than they are in 5.1, but not as desirable, albeit, op as they could've been
    No, there were TONS of dks at 80, and it had a lot to do with them being OP. Were you even playing in wrath?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamboatrock View Post
    Early on when RoP was completely bananas, a lot of people thought "oh good, monks will be playable in PVP now!"

    But since RoP was nerfed down to reasonable levels, it kind of feels like a bait-and-switch to me. People not paying close attention will have heard that monks got a crazy OP new spell, etc....but not know that spell was nerfed down to regular-at-best levels.

    So what will we end up with? Tiger's Lust and Chi Wave not costing chi is huge. Nimble Brew is great, and the new mastery is...slightly better for PVP. Does this all add up to enough though? I'm not sure SEF will have a meaningful impact in PVP.
    I think the buffs will undoubtedly make monks OP and thus the FOTM re-rollers will start playing them.

    I also think that Blizzard is fucking clueless when it comes to game design for pvp. Monks are currently fine in terms of relative power, the 5.2 buffs are going to push them over the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

  15. #35
    It pisses me off that really good PVP monks asked for one thing...

    More survivability and damage mitigation.


    And Blizzard gave us everything BUT these things... including a new mastery that is broken. You know it's going to be nerfed. When the last season hits and monks are getting +90% damage increase, it'll be stupid.
    Last edited by XangXu; 2013-03-03 at 02:41 AM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I think the buffs will undoubtedly make monks OP and thus the FOTM re-rollers will start playing them.

    I also think that Blizzard is fucking clueless when it comes to game design for pvp. Monks are currently fine in terms of relative power, the 5.2 buffs are going to push them over the top.
    I hate to be "that guy" but no good players think monks are currently fine. Also there are both buffs and nerfs for monks in 5.2

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    Too lazy to switch their main... You apparently don't realize how much people will do to gain an edge in this game. If monks were OP people would switch. Do you have any idea how many pvpers lvl'd DKs when they were OP? Let me give you an example. Every dungeon I did from 58+ till like 74 ish was 5 dks in grp when wrath first came out. Yes, 5 dks.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 04:12 PM ----------

    Oh also the nerfs were pretty significant to them as well, might want to add that.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 04:13 PM ----------


    They got nerfs as well as buffs.
    Impressive with DKs being able to sign up as healers too, now.
    I think you're exaggerating a bit.

    I guess people just have a bit of a hard time managing more than just a manabar.
    Some classes require you to play well even to perform somewhat well. That'll make a lot skip the class, making it less obvious to others if it's a good class or not.
    Dunno how they are in 5.2 yet. Healerwise they are horrible annoying if they are good. Somewhat like a druid. Not possible to catch :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Impressive with DKs being able to sign up as healers too, now.
    I think you're exaggerating a bit.
    There was no lfd when wrath came out. You still found your groups mostly by /1 lf people xy dungeon and quests
    So yes its entire possible to go into the instance with 5 dks.
    You also still had to travel to the instance :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I think the buffs will undoubtedly make monks OP and thus the FOTM re-rollers will start playing them.

    I also think that Blizzard is fucking clueless when it comes to game design for pvp. Monks are currently fine in terms of relative power, the 5.2 buffs are going to push them over the top.
    If a class has such low representation then it cant be fine. As stated above the reroll is no argument. People dont care about the effort if its worth. It just seems there is no reason to reroll and people see their own class above monks. If its justified or not is another point. But that still means monks arent fine in terms of representation.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    There was no lfd when wrath came out. You still found your groups mostly by /1 lf people xy dungeon and quests
    So yes its entire possible to go into the instance with 5 dks.
    You also still had to travel to the instance :P

    If a class has such low representation then it cant be fine. As stated above the reroll is no argument. People dont care about the effort if its worth. It just seems there is no reason to reroll and people see their own class above monks. If its justified or not is another point. But that still means monks arent fine in terms of representation.
    They know Monks have a low representation. Monks are a brand new class with 1 patch under our belt. They've repeatedly said they want to avoid what happened with DKs. They will continue to buff us incrementally until we get to where they feel we need to be.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    They know Monks have a low representation. Monks are a brand new class with 1 patch under our belt. They've repeatedly said they want to avoid what happened with DKs. They will continue to buff us incrementally until we get to where they feel we need to be.
    You put way too much faith in devs. The thing is the buffs were needed but they aren't going to be so good that you will see tons more. It all comes down to people wanting monks in comps. It's still going to be why play with a monk when u can bring (insert better class here).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •