Thread: Trillium Bars?

Trillium Bars?

So I have a lot of trillium just from gathering and transmuting. Will the prices go up now that ghost iron ore is so needed, and the changes to BS and additions to engineering? Also, you need trillium to make living steel and it's part of the legendary quest line. Will it be a money maker with 5.2? I mean right now i can get a bar cheaper than a stack or Ghost iron ore (on my realm anyway).

YOur thoughts

thank you

peace.

There will be a new raid and new items -> demand for living steel belt buckles is going to increase.
    Ghost iron ore is going to be needed for leveling blacksmithing -> prices are already increasing.

So I guess it is a good idea to buy as many cheap Trillium and Ghost iron bars as possible (although a lot of botters might ruin it).

Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    There will be a new raid and new items -> demand for living steel belt buckles is going to increase.
    Ghost iron ore is going to be needed for leveling blacksmithing -> prices are already increasing.

So I guess it is a good idea to buy as many cheap Trillium and Ghost iron bars as possible (although a lot of botters might ruin it).
    Also the demand for ghost iron bars has gone up to bad speculators who think they will sell for more on tuesday. They went from 100g a stack stable price to 140-170 a stack. So im selling now and tuesday they will fall and ill just buy them back for 50g a stack and resell again at 100.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    I don't think Trillium prices will go up because of the Legendary Quest, you still need 20 of those other items that (Presumably) come from the raid like the Sigils did, and tbh noone really needs to 40 trillium until you get the other 20 items, so Trillium won't be selling high until people get those items. Even then people can just by a few they see cheap and let them hather dust in thier bag for ages.
    Does the Legendary chain actually need them? The PTR database for the quests only mentions 12x Titan Runestones for the part after getting the Legendary Meta gem.

As for OP, Trillium into Living Steel will still be somewhat worth it with 5.2 since the MoP versions of the BC specialization weapons require quite a bit of Living Steel, among other materials.

Living Steel prices will go up in price I'd reckon, with a majority of the newer blacksmithing/engineering plans requiring multitudes of the bar.

The rest of the bars will shift in price slightly but LS bars will make the biggest jump.

Ghost Iron bars/ores: too many are required to level BS from 1-500 compared to the old fashioned way of levelling it. (This is arguable depending on your own server's prices though. Do your research of your server)

Trillium Bars: While 40 are required for the Legendary quest chain, its not really accessible to everyone, using that term lightly since it is a chain quest and not every character will bother doing that. It's rewards are not stated at the beginning so its an easy turn off for most players.

Living Steel: Living steel is the one bar that its production rate is capped: Demand will be the greatest once the lighting forge/anvil becomes accessible. So wait till then unless you have the time and patience to promote a cheaper (yet profitable) price before that plan actually becomes available. But beware that it's going to be limited due to the fact that SoHs will be required to craft the actual weapons. Prices will definitely go up, but beware of market flooding since while it is a highly demanded item it won't be demanded by the masses.

Engineering with LS bars I'm not really sure about, it could provide a profit but marginal unless you're setting the market price for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trillium Bars are really easy to farm/produce via profs, hence they're cheap. Blizz making us pull 40 Bars out of the economy per legendary quest completion (each character you have) will hopefully push Trillium upwards in value. Of course, it all depends on what server you're playing on ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyreks View Post
    Trillium Bars are really easy to farm/produce via profs, hence they're cheap. Blizz making us pull 40 Bars out of the economy per legendary quest completion (each character you have) will hopefully push Trillium upwards in value. Of course, it all depends on what server you're playing on ultimately.
    It was reduced to 20 bars last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The front page still says 40. and the quest on wowdb still says 40.

do you have a link to where it says 20?

Quote Originally Posted by esckay View Post
    Living Steel prices will go up in price I'd reckon, with a majority of the newer blacksmithing/engineering plans requiring multitudes of the bar.
    Living Steel: Living steel is the one bar that its production rate is capped:.
    It will not be capped in 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    It will not be capped in 5.2
    I don't remember seeing anything yet to suggest the CD is being removed on the non spirit of harmony Living Steel Transmute. At least not until the fine patch of the expansion as was the case with similar CDs, Arcanite, Titansteel, etc.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

we dont get the patch for ~8 more hours (if the servers come up on time which is highly unlikely)

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    So what happened to Trillium Bar Prizes in 5.2? You Guys from the US are one day ahead so maybe you could give the EU Dudes some preview of what happened to the Trillium (and Living Steel) prizes. Did they Skyrocket into impossibru? Did they remain the same? Or are they mabe even cheaper. Tell us please.
    As far as I can tell, the changes that use Trillium/Living Steel won't be accessible or necessary on Day One. The Forge won't be unlocked, and it'll take time to gather the other components that Wrathion wants.

The only product that may skyrocket asap is Ghost Iron Ore/Bars if people were waiting to 5.2 to power-level Blacksmithing with Ghost Iron, and even that I'm not sure if it's available before the Forge is unlocked.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Unfortunately, as of Tuesday after patch (and yesterday) the Quest text/objectives from Wrathion still requires 40 Trillium Bars.