SWG online (the 10 year old online game)

i am sure some of you know about this game.This game was (and still is" my favorite online game of all time.

Found out it is still running(some people took it over and doing the pre CU version of the game)

link is here;http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forum.php

if you wanna try it out,you need to have the game or buy/download it from somewhere.its free to play. and usualy have about 2000 online at all times. server cap is 3000 ATM.

Just thought id let you old vet's know

Send me a mail ingame on Kenpa if you log in and need some free armour/swoops/food.

I'm pretty sure MMO-C doesn't condone discussion or linking to private servers.

Edit: Nevermind this might be in some kind of gray area...

Q. Is SWGEmu legal?

A. This question pops up about once per month on our forums, but the never changing answer is simply, yes. Understand, there is a fine line which SWGEmu has yet to cross. Since SWGEmu doesn't distribute any of Sony Online Entertainment's copyrighted material, it does not break any copyright laws. SWGEmu works very hard to stay within it's legal right to produce it's software, and will do it's best to never include copyrighted materials, or infringe on any software patents.
    Might be worth checking out...
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-02-28 at 04:54 PM.

Sounds shady to me.

Deleted
    Does sound a bit iffy, must admit, maybe it's a legit thing, but i'm not one to check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Sounds shady to me.
    It's not shady. It's been around for a while. If there were any legal issue it would have been shut down (It's been advertised without the thread being shutdown on swtor.com ffs)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    It's not shady. It's been around for a while. If there were any legal issue it would have been shut down (It's been advertised without the thread being shutdown on swtor.com ffs)
    aye it is legal.they even had talk's with sony about this.

you need to get the game disc's though. from like amazoon .or like i did. bought the game way back but lost the disc's.
    but a friend of mine had them so i went to Bay harbour(where he lives)and borrowed his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Sounds shady to me.
    Not at all. The guys at EMU are not running the official SWG code, they have literally rewritten it from the ground up. They also do not give out the SWG client, you must obtain it by some other means. Its completely legal and 100% legit.

There is also ProjectSWG doing something similar but they are going for the post CU/NGE flavor.

I dabble on the EMU from time to time but they still have a ton of work ahead of them and its all volunteer so progress is slow.

I'm curious - they say that their project is legal because they don't use any SOE code - but what about Star Wars IP itself?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    I'm curious - they say that their project is legal because they don't use any SOE code - but what about Star Wars IP itself?
    I think that you can use that sort of IP so long as its not for profit.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think that you can use that sort of IP so long as its not for profit.
    You wish. Disney sued child care house for having Disney characters painted on the walls without permission.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    You wish. Disney sued child care house for having Disney characters painted on the walls without permission.
    Was the child care house a business? Making money?