Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I see they are trying to make Archive of Flesh completely unpuggable. Pugs already have hard time avoiding Emphalea's giant blue balls, now they have to avoid circles of death on the next encounter. Trion is really overestimating a pugs ability to overcome simple mechanics. (It should be noted I'm being slightly sarcastic, the encounters aren't hard, people just suck at video games)

Edit: Maybe I should I write a mod that says announces you got blue balled to death when that happens and announce in 60 chat. People might stop doing it from embarrassment.
    Last edited by Clymene; 2013-04-24 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    I got something weird happening when I patched hotfix#10 last night (playing on NA shard) that never happened to me before. Basically I ran the launcher, pressed "Update" and it started downloading normally albeit at a painful speed (around 30kbs and got as low as 0) which I understand is due to the fact that I was downloading only a few minutes after servers got up. But when it finished downloading the first 20-something MBs (first half of yellow bar) I got a pop-up error saying that some file in the download was corrupted (although the "expected size" and "actual size" it mentioned were exactly the same...).

So I close the pop-up and the big button still says "Update" so I press it again. This time I get a very briefly "Applying" message and it starts downloading the rest of the patch and I get no more errors for the rest of the patching (it ended with the usual "Patch Successful" pop-up box).

My concern is that I don't know if some corrupt file remained or not in my game installation... doesn't the game check the CRC of files when starting? Did any of you came across a similar situation (in this patch update or a previous one)?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    I see they are trying to make Archive of Flesh completely unpuggable. Pugs already have hard time avoiding Emphalea's giant blue balls, now they have to avoid circles of death on the next encounter. Trion is really overestimating a pugs ability to overcome simple mechanics. (It should be noted I'm being slightly sarcastic, the encounters aren't hard, people just suck at video games)

Edit: Maybe I should I write a mod that says announces you got blue balled to death when that happens and announce in 60 chat. People might stop doing it from embarrassment.
    I thought it's funny that they hotfixed that, just because so many people are going to fail at it. It's really an annoying as hell mechanic though since sometimes the safe zone is on the other side of the area and you HAVE to run through the AE. It's always funny on Azhrius when somebody gets teleported to that room and you watch their health drop because they have no idea what they're doing since they've never done the real mechanic.

It's completely possible to never take damage from the ground AoE. You just need to pay attention and be prepared. I haven't stood in the wall since February and haven't died to the AoE in that time on any of my characters. People need to stop being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I thought it's funny that they hotfixed that, just because so many people are going to fail at it. It's really an annoying as hell mechanic though since sometimes the safe zone is on the other side of the area and you HAVE to run through the AE. It's always funny on Azhrius when somebody gets teleported to that room and you watch their health drop because they have no idea what they're doing since they've never done the real mechanic.
    when toe new wave spawnt is a small gap of time with no voids where you can run easily to the new savespot but like arthand say its funny to see how many people fail there

10+ Year Old Account
    It's May Day, the day the hellbugs came

Just starting now on North American servers is an estimated 3 hours downtime for Hotfix #11 and some Server Software update, somethings getting ready

RIFT 2.2 Hotfix #11 - 7:00am PDT 5/1/13 [NA] - 2:00AM GMT 02/5/13 [EU]

RIFTS

* Hungry, hungry Helbugs have crash landed in RIFT from the DEFIANCE universe! A new fire rift named "Invasive Species" now has a chance to appear in all zones. Completing the unstable stages of this rift offers a chance at acquiring any of three different types of hellbug mounts and companions, including the extremely rare Toxic Hellbug.

ITEMS

* Fixed an issue where objects without a cooldown sometimes displayed cooldown time left.
    * Fixed a crash that occurred when comparing an equipped item with another item that has a very large number of stats.

QUESTS

* Freemarch: Water Saga Quest - Solace Cabal: Fixed a case that breaks scripting when players immediately aggro mobs after starting event.
    * Steppes of Infinity: Ice Heart: Fixed an issue that would cause Atos to become stuck in a cast loop

CONQUEST

* Fixed an issue with respawns which could sometimes cause players to fall through the geometry.

CLASSES

CLERIC

* Sentinel: Fullness of Life no longer causes Wrathful Exuberance to proc damage

ROGUE

* Assassin:

Leaping Plunge: Now roots the enemy target for 2s.

Marksman

* Rapid Fire Shot: Now costs 16 Energy, down from 24 Energy.
    * Decoy: Now no longer on global cooldown.
    * Electrified Munitions, Static Shock Munitions: No longer trigger damage and healing effects like Dark Armor, Warlock Armor and Curative Engine; similar to Assassin Poisons and Nightblade Weapon Enchantments.
    * Deadeye Shot: Damage has been increased.

WARRIOR

*Paragon: Defensive Maneuver: Fixed a bug where Defensive Maneuver is unusable when Way of the Mountain is active.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...2-5-13-eu.html

10+ Year Old Account
    RIFTS

* Hungry, hungry Helbugs have crash landed in RIFT from the DEFIANCE universe! A new fire rift named "Invasive Species" now has a chance to appear in all zones. Completing the unstable stages of this rift offers a chance at acquiring any of three different types of hellbug mounts and companions, including the extremely rare Toxic Hellbug.
    Sounds fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you kept all those hellbug pets that dropped on your main or alts, they're now Bind to Account

RIFT 2.2 Hotfix #12 - 8:00am PDT 5/8/13 [NA] - 1:00AM GMT 9/5/13 [EU]

GENERAL

* The Hellbug companion items Phero, Blurple, and Skitt are now Bind on Account.
    * Fixed an issue causing some players to be unable to see Sliver entrances or Twisted Artifacts when using Quantum/Omen Sight after joining an instance on another shard.

CALLINGS

WARRIOR

Riftblade

* Rift Spear: Now an Area of Effect ability, due to this it will be affected by any damage bonuses and penalties to AoE attacks.

CRAFTING

* Grandmaster Artificer Supply Chest no longer drops Unerupted Teeth or Collagen Struts
    * Flying fish in Silverwood have been put back underwater. They were not cleared for takeoff.
    * Stuffed Mushrooms and Chilled Octopus can now be crafted at the same skill it takes to learn the recipes

USER INTERFACE

* NPC's (usually raid encounters) killed by an offline player should now drop loot for the group upon their defeat. There may be a short delay before the loot appears if the player remains offline.
    * Fixed a bug causing some players to hide the NPC's in addition to players when enabling "Hide Players" - woops!

ZONES

Ashora

* Optheron Quest - Terminal Transmission: Fixed a bug causing only one player to get credit when completing the objective with others who are not in your group.

Ardent Domain

* Instant Adventure: Fixed an issue that caused some Auditorium Carnos creatures to spawn underground.

Steppes of Infinity

* Fixed an issue with a Defiant respawn point at The Infinity Gate that could cause player ghosts to get stuck inside it.
    * Static Veil Onslaught: Creatures have been repositioned around the area to allow the invasions to have easier access. You asked for it!
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...9-5-13-eu.html

Edit: Too slow! :P

gg pissing off warriors Trion in a ranged based pvp game they take our only hard hitting ranged attacks. I.E proof devs play Rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    gg pissing off warriors Trion in a ranged based pvp game they take our only hard hitting ranged attacks. I.E proof devs play Rogues
    It's clear as day! The proof is written all over the walls and painted across the sky! It's been right in front of our faces all along! It...wait what?

I fail to see how this proves anything of significance...But that might be because I stopped paying attention to PvP when Trion made it clear that it was a secondary or tertiary focus for them.

RIFT 2.2 Hot Fix #13 - 5/15/13

GENERAL
    * Raid assistants can now invite instead of recommend invite via the unit frame menu, and non-assistants can now recommend invite.
    * Fixed an issue causing Hellbugs to do more damage than intended to other NPCs in the Invasive Species rift.
    * The Hellbug Monarch from the Invasive Species rift is no longer immune to taunt.
    * Fixed the Skywarped Talon mob spawning with no health in the Runecrafting crafting rift.

CALLINGS
    WARRIOR
    Beastmaster
    * Calliope’s Beastmaster Crystal: The 4 piece bonus buff triggered by Messy Wounds now last 30s, up from 15s.

Tempest
    * Discharged Defenses: The tooltop for Discharged Defenses has been corrected, it now correctly reads that its buff causes Warrior attacks to ignore some of the target’s armor and resistance.

ROGUE
    Bladedancer
    * Blade Hustle: Now increases the damage of your next Quick Strike or Precision Strike by 5-15% per stack, up from 3-9% per stack.
    * Blade Hustle: Now stacks up to 5 times, down from 10 times.

Nightblade
    * Living Flame: Now applies Fiery Spike onto affected enemies.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
    * A Hero Rises – Queen Miela will no longer become stuck before the War Machine boss appears.
    * Abyssal Precipice - In standard mode, the damage from Kaler Andrenos's Ice Geyser has been significantly reduced.
    * Endless Eclipse: Kain – All eligible players should now receive the “Cannibal Corpse” achievement per kill, instead of just one.
    * Fall of Lantern Hook: Quest – Wash it Away: Quest targets should now always appear when entering a fresh normal instance of the dungeon.

ITEMS
    * Possible fix for cloak crash implemented.

ZONES
    * Ashora: Onslaught: Fixed invasion mobs that wandered through walls in the Valley of Iron
    * Eastern Holding: Fixed some rift locations in Eastern Holdings that were not displaying on the main map.
    * Iron Pine Peak: Adjusted the fail-state footholds during the Army of the Wind zone event to be less punishing to respawning players.
    * Seratos: A Walk in the Park: Arlaun Merkur will now avoid potential footholds more efficiently.
    * Seratos: Instant Adventure: Reduced Ibtok's damage across most of his abilities.
    * Silverwood: Fixed a rift location in Silverwood that was spawning Hellbugs in strange locations
    Source: Launcher as thread is not up just yet. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though the big Free to Play announcement caught everyone by surprise and lit up the Forums, it's business as usual with the tweaks, here's hotfix #13

RIFT 2.2 Hotfix #13 - 8:00am PDT 5/15/13 [NA] - 1:00AM GMT 16/5/13 [EU]

RIFT 2.2 Hot Fix #13 - 5/15/13

GENERAL

* Raid assistants can now invite instead of recommend invite via the unit frame menu, and non-assistants can now recommend invite.
    * Fixed an issue causing Hellbugs to do more damage than intended to other NPCs in the Invasive Species rift.
    * The Hellbug Monarch from the Invasive Species rift is no longer immune to taunt.
    * Fixed the Skywarped Talon mob spawning with no health in the Runecrafting crafting rift.

CALLINGS

WARRIOR

Beastmaster

* Calliope’s Beastmaster Crystal: The 4 piece bonus buff triggered by Messy Wounds now last 30s, up from 15s.
    Tempest
    * Discharged Defenses: The tooltop for Discharged Defenses has been corrected, it now correctly reads that its buff causes Warrior attacks to ignore some of the target’s armor and resistance.

ROGUE

Bladedancer

* Blade Hustle: Now increases the damage of your next Quick Strike or Precision Strike by 5-15% per stack, up from 3-9% per stack.
    * Blade Hustle: Now stacks up to 5 times, down from 10 times.
    Nightblade
    * Living Flame: Now applies Fiery Spike onto affected enemies.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

* A Hero Rises – Queen Miela will no longer become stuck before the War Machine boss appears.
    * Abyssal Precipice - In standard mode, the damage from Kaler Andrenos's Ice Geyser has been significantly reduced.
    * Endless Eclipse: Kain – All eligible players should now receive the “Cannibal Corpse” achievement per kill, instead of just one.
    * Fall of Lantern Hook: Quest – Wash it Away: Quest targets should now always appear when entering a fresh normal instance of the dungeon.

ITEMS

* Possible fix for cloak crash implemented.

ZONES

* Ashora:

Onslaught: Fixed invasion mobs that wandered through walls in the Valley of Iron

* Eastern Holding:

Fixed some rift locations in Eastern Holdings that were not displaying on the main map.
    * Iron Pine Peak:

Adjusted the fail-state footholds during the Army of the Wind zone event to be less punishing to respawning players.
    * Seratos:

A Walk in the Park: Arlaun Merkur will now avoid potential footholds more efficiently.
    * Instant Adventure: Reduced Ibtok's damage across most of his abilities.
    * Silverwood:

Fixed a rift location in Silverwood that was spawning Hellbugs in strange locations
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...6-5-13-eu.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Still a few weeks left in good 'ol 2.2 so let's bring on Hotfix #14

RIFT 2.2 Hotfix #14 - 8:00am PDT 5/22/13 [NA] - 1:00AM GMT 23/5/13 [EU]

RIFT 2.2 Hot Fix #14 - 5/22/13

QUESTS

* Morban: Added additional map markers for the quest Blast Away to help pinpoint the location of the cannons.

ZONES

* Morban: Reduced Draelock’s damage across most of his abilities.
    * Steppes of Infinity: For the instant adventure Capture Commanders, Antapo Commanders will now despawn two minutes after being captured. Additionally, if a Commander gets stuck in the terrain, it will despawn if the player moves far enough away.
    * Steppes of Infinity: Fixed an issue during The Craft of Conflict zone event that could result in players not receiving credit if their characters die fighting the Nug Battler Nug .

CALLINGS

* Shaman: Vicious Streak now increases the critical chance of all abilities.
    * Inquisitor: Radical Coalescence is now removed if the Inquisitor dies.
    * Sentinel: Damage from Wrathful Exuberance is now reduced in PVP.
    * Sentinel: Damage procs from Wrathful Exuberance now have a 35 meter range.
    * Harbinger: Lucent Slash no longer requires a target in order to use.
    * Harbinger: Phantom Blades no longer requires you to be facing your target in order to cast.

ADDONS

* Fixed a problem with Dimension "add" and "remove" events for addons not always working properly.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...3-5-13-eu.html

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, actual changes to Harbinger that fix some QoL stuff. I approve. Though I stopped using Harbinger after I leveled as other specs are much quicker for farming/rep/dailies.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    To quote Europe...."it's the final countdown.."

Heading into the last two weeks before Rift goes F2P but in the meantime let's spruce up the place a bit, here's Hotfix #15

RIFT 2.2 Hotfix #15 - 8:00am PDT 5/29/13 [NA] - 1:00AM GMT 30/5/13 [EU]

RIFT 2.2 Hot Fix #15 - 5/29/13

ZONES

* Steppes of Infinity: Move a rare spawn, The Watcher, further away from the Drakes in Vengeful Sky.

QUESTS

* Freemarch: Worth a Thousand Words: Fixed an issue where logging out between quest objectives would remove the Chronolink from the quest tracker.
    * Droughtlands: The Saga of the Wanton Maw: The Crystalline Thrall spawned by Bouldergut no longer grants experience or items when killed.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...0-5-13-eu.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Very unusual for Trion to drop a hotfix on a Monday, nothing really jumps out as "fix now!!

RIFT 2.2 Hotfix #16 - 10:00am PDT 6/3/13 [NA] - 1:00AM GMT 4/6/13 [EU]

RIFT 2.2 Hot Fix #16 - 6/3/13

ZONES

Iron Pine Peaks

*Quest: Emmisary to the Icewatch - Should now work much more reliably!

Steppes of Infinity

* Quest: Releasing the Flames - Infused Storm Crystals will now respawn separately from the Cloudburst Mystics. In addition the Embodied Living Flames will now kill the Cloudburst Mystics at a faster rate.

Seratos

* Instant Adventure: Logical Conclusion - Dead Researchers & Research Papers can now be found in greater abundance.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...4-6-13-eu.html

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Very unusual for Trion to drop a hotfix on a Monday, nothing really jumps out as "fix now!!
    Spring cleaning prior to the big day.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the last hotfix of 2.2 before the Dendrome hits next Wednesday and it's .....not a biggie

Here#s hotfix #17

RIFT 2.2 Hotfix #17 - 7:00am PDT 6/5/13 [NA] - 1:00AM GMT 4/6/13 [EU]

RIFT 2.2 Hot Fix #17 - 06/05/13

ZONES

FREEMARCH

* Quest: Aiding the Injured: Fixed an issue that could cause the Defiant Medics at King's Retreat to become non-responsive, and therefore unable to start the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Probably the last hotfix of 2.2 before the Dendrome hits next Wednesday and it's .....not a biggie

Here#s hotfix #17

Strange how such a tiny little update can take 3 hours to implement, yet Monday's update took 45 minutes. Guess they must be slipping in a few things to get ready for next week's 2.3 patch.

And in your Monday patch notes, you forgot this biggest thing: They re-enabled the guildbanks that were shut down for the entire weekend.