Deleted

Concept - Ji'kun 10 man Heroic Guide - The Phoenix Legion

Since recently both Fatboss and Tankspot announced that they won't be making anymore guide. I decided to throw together a concept guide. Please leave any feedback or comments in the comment section, since I hope to carry this concept over into patch 5.4. Or if people would like I could make more guides for this tier as well.

Video link: youtube<.>com/watch?v=sdk_YPCAW_M
    remove the <> surrounding the dot

Hope mods don't mind this harmless youtube link, but if I don't post it the meaning of this post is lost anyway.

Would like some feedback on this video!

youtube.com/watch?v=sdk_YPCAW_M

looks like a good video but who doesn't just burn the boss after 8th nest anymore? Heck the boss is at 50% at that point.

What is you guys progression? how often after a raid came out would we expect new videos?

also that skrillex music makes me want to punch you.

Deleted
    I am sorry, I forgot to give feedback after I had watched. The guide seems well and good, but there is a certain thing which annoys me. The random stops you make after sentences makes it a bit annoying to listen to. Also the technical difficulties in the end were a bit dumb, but I am sure that you noticed that.

This is my own opinion, but I like that you focus a bit more on the execution the different abilities in stead of the abilities themselves. Having a picture of the tooltip on the screen is really nice like you did.

I think that you should make a few more guides, and see what people think about them. Also you might want to find something that makes your guides special compared to the others (think vox immortalis guides compared to standart tankspot/fatboss).

Quote Originally Posted by Lological View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=sdk_YPCAW_M

looks like a good video but who doesn't just burn the boss after 8th nest anymore? Heck the boss is at 50% at that point.

What is you guys progression? how often after a raid came out would we expect new videos?

I don't think you can burn from 50% on Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Yes you can

Deleted
    It's definitely possible, and quite easy if your dps/healers are strong. Assuming that you don't screw up on nests I don't know if I'd say that there's any real reason to burn from 50% instead of ~30%, seems safer.

sure you can..and guardians stop spawning at 30%

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    It's definitely possible, and quite easy if your dps/healers are strong. Assuming that you don't screw up on nests I don't know if I'd say that there's any real reason to burn from 50% instead of ~30%, seems safer.
    I said after 8th one...at which point he's at 50-60%..you have all the way until the 12th one to get him to 30% so no more guardians

Deleted
    Thanks for the Feedback everybody!

We deliberately chose to go until nest 12 since our dps didn't seem high enough to push the boss down and we'd wipe on 10-20%

I would like to really push the guides in 5.4 hopefully having all normal mode boss guides up before the end of week 2. and after that the heroic ones based on progression.

The music is a personal preference of course, but since I need to use copyright free music there is not all that much choice (if you do know a good copyright free band, please tell me!)

Also the technical difficulties in the end were a bit dumb, but I am sure that you noticed that.
    Without asking for sympathy, this is my first "real" video in which I have recorded voice and I had to work my way around a lot of tiny obstacles (background noise, static, volume) that I had to compromise somewhat with the quality. I also recorded everything in one go, which is something I wont do again because the noise filter has the tendency to go haywire on long recordings, like in the end of the video.

Feedback from other sources I got include:
    Monotone voice
    Lack of personality
    Too much focus on the normal mode aspect of abilities (like quills, downdraft, etc.)

Again thanks everybody for the feedback. I will try to put another guide up soon. (reformed this guild so we are having some tiny roster problems atm.)

Cheers,

Deathsilent