View Poll Results: Do you use nameplates?

Voters
107. This poll is closed
  • All the time.

86 80.37%
  • Never.

5 4.67%
  • Depends on what you're fighting.

16 14.95%

Thread: Nameplates?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I do hate them on friendlies and neutrals tho. Aesthetically, they are not nice and are very immersion breaking. I still remember the horror of that room full of tiny snakes in Gundrak with nameplates - I could not see anything in the scrummage of hundreds of yellow nameplates.

Is it even possible to do PvP without enemy nameplates?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tidy plates and Tidy plates threat plates. Invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    I do hate them on friendlies and neutrals tho.
    You can set Blizzard nameplates to only activate for hostile targets. Default keybind is Shift-V (might need to hit it twice).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadllbolt View Post
    i have. still had no use for them.
    So you NEVER had to pick a caster out of a crowd to silence them? And NEVER had a hard time doing so with a full pack of mobs and a bunch of aoe going off? I call bull.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

NEED. MUST HAVE. If I see the nameplate, likely I'm about to aggro it. It's easier to target if tab targeting is being dumb. Easier to see cast bars. Easier to see if they're about to die. Looooooove them bars. /Hugs bars and rolls around on the floor with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine playing as a tank without TidyPlates

I can't play without my nameplates everywhere, it really helps in terms of small packs where aoe's no better than single targets. I've just gotten used to having them there, even when questing and they're not as important it just feels really weird not to have them there.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i used to use the default name plates for pvp but never had them turned on in pve. shit was never serious enough for me to have them on whether i was dpsing or tanking

Deleted
    I have them on all the time. I have tidyplates to make them smaller though. Blizzards NP's are waay to big.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    See the health of stuff, for example 2 people attacking you, one is on 20% one is on 100%, you obviously should kill the 20% guy first
    Unless hes a warrior, then the 100% target seems more promising.

OT: Yeah I use them all the time (only for enemy targets though, and I filter crap out like shadowy apparitions/dummy totems/etc..). It also helps to have cast bars linked with nameplates.
    Last edited by Blitond; 2013-03-01 at 03:00 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. i have a 2nd question now. I'm going to give nameplates a try, and wish to thank everyone for their feedback and input. My new question is: will i have difficulty getting tidyplates to work with TukUI? (i don't like how tukui's plates look, either.)

Deleted
    I think Tukui already takes care of the name plates. Also, it works very good with addons like tidy plates, recount / skada, grid and so on.
    Tidy Plates + Vial Cooldowns ( with a minor tweak) = best thing ever.

Deleted
    It's useless on PvE, but it's cool on PvP since you can see people's class and HP% faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    TidyPlates Threat is a beast.
    I'm not sure how I could get on without Nameplates let alone TidyPlates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    It's useless on PvE, but it's cool on PvP since you can see people's class and HP% faster.
    How is that not also a bonus in PvE? It's faaaar from useless in PvE, especially versus casters.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't so different than people who turn with keys vs those who turn with mouse. You can get by without nameplates but showing them will ALWAYS be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    It's extremely useful in PvE. Lets you see location, health, casting, and whatever else you choose, and lets you easily pick out any specific target in the pile of bullshit that is wow pve combat. I really don't understand how you can make a post like that, outside of sheer ignorance.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."