PSA: You should NEVER use a warning shot

Infract me if you want or complain this should be in the kill or injure thread but obviously people don't read posts and are still saying they would use a warning shot
    It is hugely important that that mentality gets corrected because using a warning shot will get you charged with a crime and potentially wound or kill innocent bystanders. It is irresponsible and reckless and should be stomped out

PLEASE read these and reconsider your opinion
    http://www.shootingillustrated.com/i...e-pure-poison/
    http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...isconceptions/
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/117238867
    http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/186614...g-warning-shot

I know some of you have laws requireing you use a warning shot before lethal force and okay but at least if you're ever in a situation think about where that shot is going to go
    most types of bullets will travel through multiple walls. Bullets ricochet, and travel pretty much until they hit some thing solid so shooting at the ground is still dangerous
    Box O' Truth covers the penetration of many different types of ammunition

Be a smart, responsible gun owner
    Last edited by Tuskcat; 2013-02-28 at 11:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

How about just shooting at the feet of an intruder. If you are lucky you hit him - if your are unlucky you call it a warning shot and aim higher.

It takes a special kind of idiot to fire a warning shot in a densely enough populated place that a stay bullet can actually hit someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    The warning is the sound of the shell be ratcheted into the chamber of the shotgun.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskcat View Post
    I know some of you have laws requireing you use a warning shot before lethal force
    I think in all these gung-ho gun threads people tend to forget you're supposed to use your brain before either of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    How about just shooting at the feet of an intruder. If you are lucky you hit him - if your are unlucky you call it a warning shot and aim higher.
    Unless you live somewhere in central africa you'll end up in prison for doing this. Shooting someone is serious crime. I guess you watched too many cowboy movies.

You know, people living in civilized countries don't use (and even carry) guns at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Unless you live somewhere in central africa you'll end up in prison for doing this. Shooting someone is serious crime. I guess you watched too many cowboy movies.

You know, people living in civilized countries don't use (and even carry) guns at all.
    I guess America, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, france and Germany aren't civilized countries
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Please try to consolidate all subjects like this into an active, relevant thread. In this case, please direct further conversation here.

Closed.