Highest MP you can efficiently Tempest Rush on?

This build is very efficient at getting from point A to point B and killing everything in between but before I quit I could really only make it work on MP 0 or 1. At MP2 I stopped 1 shotting trash even with a 1350 DPS Skorn. Also it really gimps you and sucks when 2 pieces of your gear and all of your passives and utility skills must be spirit regen which just kills your DPS. But since 1.7 it seems you can go higher by using the Bell, which basically just 1-2 shots elites. Just watched a video of a guy clear VoA on MP5 in 3:15. Seems like a very good way to get some loot including some Legendaries. Just wondering if thats about the limit for a Tempest Rush monk when it comes to MP unless you have like eleventy billion gold in gear? Cause in order to make it work you cant take OWE which probably cuts your resists down by 200 or even more if you went the budget route. I just dont see how you would survive with no defensive abilities at all on anything higher than 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I had issues too. It worked on MP0, anything after that, I was dying too fast. The problem was, even on MP1, I was doubling back just to kill skeletons. And I took Wave of Light/Empowered Wave for cheap burst damage on elites. But, anytime I'd stop to use it, they insta-gib me.

It's fast, but I didn't like it. I farm MP1 in my sleep on other builds.

Whats your DPS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Around 115k with my Tempest Rush gear on. I don't think my Skorn is terribly good though, I think I paid less than 2 million for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Around 115k with my Tempest Rush gear on. I don't think my Skorn is terribly good though, I think I paid less than 2 million for it.
    Are you using Wave of Light? Seems after watching some videos you can easily do mp 5/6 with WoL and can farm MP 10 crypt of ancients the same way. Guess I can do higher MPs after all. Only problem is reflect can 1 shot you on higher MPs cause WoL has such high damage combined with a 2 hander

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Are you using Wave of Light? Seems after watching some videos you can easily do mp 5/6 with WoL and can farm MP 10 crypt of ancients the same way. Guess I can do higher MPs after all. Only problem is reflect can 1 shot you on higher MPs cause WoL has such high damage combined with a 2 hander
    Yeah, I've been one-shot before with Explosive Light, which I use in my main spec. When all four mobs reflect it at the same time..yeah.

It's not about Wave of Light's damage, it's about stopping for just a split second to use it, and getting blasted by the mobs. I don't like it's "area", and it's not very well-defined to me either.