Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadKing View Post
    I'll try to find time to pop into LFR myself tomorrow and see if I can get a good screenshot of the pet doing it. Not as good as a log of it, but it might go some way to convincing people I'm not entirely crazy :P
    Lol, yeah I'll be combat logging and I'll upload it and then we'll be able to see.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    No
    One
    Cares.

Whether it works or not, enough is enough. The logs you have linked so far clearly shows no damage being done by the snakes - it is purely damage comming from AOE sources. Snakes cannot hit her when she is hidden, as it is melee. Untill you can show us a log where the hidden lei shi actually takes damage from the snakes, or otherwise explain why they "almost instantly break her out", we'll assume that it does not work.
    It's incredible as to what lengths people will go to try and prove they're right, even when they're flat out wrong, and themselves show "evidence" (WoL) that they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    Buffs like the protectors buff will not move to pets, just more proof that blizzard has no fucking idea how to make hunters wok right

Ashunera ‏@windlashed

@Ghostcrawler lol. managing a pet is cool, but maybe DPS buffs (protectors) should affect them so many fights aren't "blizzard hates pets"

the response

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@windlashed Pets are largely immune to raid damage. They have limitations on some fights, but aren't that big a deal to manage IMO.

so are are to have "limitations" forced on us because of our class that no other class has to endure.
    News flash: GC is not the only person who works on World of Warcraft. He is not singlehandedly responsible for everything that people dislike about the game. Posts like these are pointless because they suggest that its entirely up to him, and entirely his responsibility to change/decide. He is part of a TEAM. If you don't understand that concept I recommend visiting:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Team?s=t

Learn to express yourself and your concerns without sounding like a petulant 9 year old. You'll get a lot further in life and people will actually take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    News flash: GC is not the only person who works on World of Warcraft. He is not singlehandedly responsible for everything that people dislike about the game. Posts like these are pointless because they suggest that its entirely up to him, and entirely his responsibility to change/decide. He is part of a TEAM. If you don't understand that concept I recommend visiting:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Team?s=t

Learn to express yourself and your concerns without sounding like a petulant 9 year old. You'll get a lot further in life and people will actually take you seriously.
    No but he is the lead of that team, aka the person responsible for all decisions. He has said some pretty amazingly false things int he past that in two weeks were fixed or reverted. An example would be power shot and glaive toss. He stated after people were complaining that these abilities were missing moving targets that they were skill shots and that people need to better time their shot. A few weeks later they said they came across a bug and were in the process of fixing it. This is just one example of many posts he has done.

Nothing against the guy but he has no clue about many things that he should know about.

I'll explain the pet + lei shi:
    First of all of you place your snake trap directly on the spot lei shi hides it will trigger the trap and the snakes will attack lei shi which usually causes an almost instantaneous end of phase(I'm using it constantly in lfr and normal).
    Second when lei shi is hiding if you run around with your pet next to you and you pass close enough the pet will autoattack lei shi, Doesn't work for melees its a special pet feature.

honestly i'm this close to buying into the conspiracy that GC and blizz in general has spies that jump around on forums trying to defend their honor to the death with a wholehearted, steadfast determination to deny any logic and reason that opposes that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by krogy View Post
    I'll explain the pet + lei shi:
    First of all of you place your snake trap directly on the spot lei shi hides it will trigger the trap and the snakes will attack lei shi which usually causes an almost instantaneous end of phase(I'm using it constantly in lfr and normal).
    Second when lei shi is hiding if you run around with your pet next to you and you pass close enough the pet will autoattack lei shi, Doesn't work for melees its a special pet feature.
    This is 100% incorrect. It's been proven in this thread that snakes don't do anything and the myth of pets being able to attack lei shi during hide is busted. It looks like they are attack her, don't get me wrong, but NO damage is going out.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=1669&e=2123

I just did an LFR and you can see that my pet did no damage to the lei shi during hide. I saw it look like it was using their melee attack, but it didn't do any damage.

i never said they deal damage, but they do attack.
    Lei Shi needs a certain number of attacks to go out of hide and not certain amount of damage http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123244 I have no clue how to add wowhead links so you'll have to deal with that.

Also if you have a raid team you can ask them on the hide phase not to attack lei shi and only shoot 1 snake trap and see how the hide phase end quickly regardless.

i never said they deal damage, but they do attack.
    Lei Shi needs a certain number of attacks to go out of hide and not certain amount of damage http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123244 I have no clue how to add wowhead links so you'll have to deal with that.

Also if you have a raid team you can ask them on the hide phase not to attack lei shi and only shoot 1 snake trap and see how the hide phase end quickly regardless.
    We're not starting this again.

No starting anything I'm stating a fact and asking you to check it yourself(you probably wont be able to in LFR tho).
    I would actually ask my guild to help me record it but we already killed Lei Shi and I'm pretty sure we won't go there in 5.2.

No starting anything I'm stating a fact and asking you to check it yourself(you probably wont be able to in LFR tho).
    I would actually ask my guild to help me record it but we already killed Lei Shi and I'm pretty sure we won't go there in 5.2.
    I already checked it myself other posters have checked it. They and I have evidence supporting the contrary. If these so called snakes were a surefire way to get lei shi out of hide we would be seeing some consistency with the logs, but we aren't. Unless if you can provide solid consistent evidence just stop please, this isn't going anywhere. The proof supporting the contrary is in this thread. So please don't start this again. It started on page 5, just re-read the entire thread instead of making 5 more pages of off topic content.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-03-03 at 07:59 PM.

There are no logs for no damage done so no I can't bring those.
    But at 5.2 terrace is going to be a CRZ raid, if you want we can make a raid and prove it to you.
    If you don't believe me I don't really care, the content won't be relevant anymore next week and it's basically your wasted time from not doing it.

And just to make it clear to everyone who still think it's not working because you can find it in the logs, you wont find logs for blank hits, what happens in the hide phase is that pets do blank hits that have o damage portion, only the hit portion to get Lei Shi counter down.
    Last edited by krogy; 2013-03-03 at 08:09 PM.

Please, just shut up about Lei Shi. I seriously can't be bothered with anecdotal evidence. Burden of proof is on you, so kindly leave or show it. It hasn't even been proven that Lei shi's hide is broken on amount of hits rather than damage, because there seem to be no set criteria either way.

Read the tooltip of hide... Even inside the game in the raid guide.
    And as I said if I'll get another chance to go Lei Shi with a raid I'll bring you hard evidence until then all I can say to you is that your simply either blind or ignorant(no insult intended).

As you can see from my join date and my low post count, I don't tend to post, but I really dislike misinformation that's being strengthen by the inability to appear in logs.

Read the tooltip of hide... Even inside the game in the raid guide.
    And as I said if I'll get another chance to go Lei Shi with a raid I'll bring you hard evidence until then all I can say to you is that your simply either blind or ignorant(no insult intended).

As you can see from my join date and my low post count, I don't tend to post, but I really dislike misinformation that's being strengthen by the inability to appear in logs.
    Provide some evidence via logs to back it up then. Show me that the hits don't differentiate and are consistent with and without snakes then I will have means to believe you, but until then all the logs I've seen with and without snakes have a had a huge damage and hit difference.

what if we can cast while moving ?

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    what if we can cast while moving ?
    I'm not sure what you are getting at, could you inform me please? Are you trying to say that just because we can move while dpsing on a non movement intensive fight that makes it justifiable even when locks can do it and they can get rid of their pet?

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    yeah i'm sure they specifically designed encounters for the sole purpose of making it bad for hunters

just stop complaining, no one has even run them yet, ptr doesn't count as any final evidence.

if hunter pets and hunters got the buff it would be unbalanced most likely, don't just lay some baseless claim that blizz programming is sloppy
    really???? it would be unbalanced for every class to get the same out of a buff??? wow really did you even think about what you just said?

Do you guys cast Explosive Trap on the hidden Lei Shi? Does it trigger? For me, the answer is yes, and yes. But I can't, for the life of me, find a log of mine which shows Explosive Trap damage to the hidden Lei Shi. Is it not hitting? Then what triggered it? Is our explosive trap doing nothing? Does it have no effect? You'd need to do a fairly controlled experiment to find out.

Lei Shi is a buggy as hell boss involving a hidden NPC. I wouldn't be surprised if WoL didn't pick these things up. Hell, there was an exploit on Get Away which I reported finding on these very boards which involved interacting with the Hidden NPC in a way which made no sense but somehow affected it regardless. Draco can attest to that, I linked our logs on that exploit to him in a PM. My snake trap is certainly triggering on the hidden NPC - and then Hide breaks shortly. Who knows what happens.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-03-03 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Do you guys cast Explosive Trap on the hidden Lei Shi? Does it trigger? For me, the answer is yes, and yes. But I can't, for the life of me, find a log of mine which shows Explosive Trap damage to the hidden Lei Shi. Is it not hitting? Then what triggered it? Is our explosive trap doing nothing? Does it have no effect? You'd need to do a fairly controlled experiment to find out.

Lei Shi is a buggy as hell boss involving a hidden NPC. I wouldn't be surprised if WoL didn't pick these things up. Hell, there was an exploit on Get Away which I reported finding on these very boards which involved interacting with the Hidden NPC in a way which made no sense but somehow affected it regardless. Draco can attest to that, I linked our logs on that exploit to him in a PM. My snake trap is certainly triggering on the hidden NPC - and then it breaks shortly. Who knows what happens.
    Explosive trap triggers and it does damage to the hidden lei shi. You can confirm that via logs.