Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
24
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    I see only 2 problems with the many dailies:
    They are mandatory ONLY if these two things are true:
    - you are a progression raider and you need the Elder Charms of Good Fortune for bonus rolls
    - you are a LFR raider and there's a tough situation for you waiting between ilvl 460 and ilvl 470. For MSV LFR, you only need ilvl 460 which you get through 5man heroics. But for the other two LFR raids, you need ilvl 470, which is tough to reach when all you do is LFR, so in this case you're actually forced to do dailies to get more ilvl.

    There could be other solutions to these two problems other than shortening the amount of dailies, for example:
    - you gain Elder Charms through something different, or reduce the number of Lesser Charms needed by a lot
    - MSV LFR ilvl requirements lowered and bosses nerfed appropriately (by 5%?)
    - 1x 100% guaranteed item loot for 1 LFR run per week

    But anyway, after seeing so many players complain, whether they're right or not, sometimes you have to give in to what the majority thinks is right...
    The drawback you have from lowering the amount of dailies available is that there's effectively less to do in WoW. And we know from Cataclysm that if there's nothing to do out there besides raiding or PvP, players also complain.
    I think it is the vocal minority. Very few people in my guild, or really anywhere else but a few forum posts. And if you look at even this thead.. there is the OP and one other person (who posts a lot), and mostly everyone else thinking dailies were fine. It was the same as the official forums.. you had threads with 400 posts... 200 of them happy people, and the other 200 are 5 people complaining.

    I have 4 characters who have finished LFR.. 3 of them never did a single daily. But then again, I am good at math, unlike the 2 people in this thread complaining.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you complete the Klaxxi zone you will be revered with Klaxxi, so you are not valor locked unless you are too stupid to finish the zone.
    Once you complete Dread Wastes, you'll barely be at Honored, not Revered. I know this because I did it on 5 toons within one month.

    Oh, and I did all their dailies available to me as part of leveling process, too.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Once you complete Dread Wastes, you'll barely be at Honored, not Revered. I know this because I did it on 5 toons within one month.

    Oh, and I did all their dailies available to me as part of leveling process, too.
    That's assuming you did klaxxxi to. I was lvl 90 without hitting dread wastes.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think it is the vocal minority. Very few people in my guild, or really anywhere else but a few forum posts. And if you look at even this thead.. there is the OP and one other person (who posts a lot), and mostly everyone else thinking dailies were fine. It was the same as the official forums.. you had threads with 400 posts... 200 of them happy people, and the other 200 are 5 people complaining.

    I have 4 characters who have finished LFR.. 3 of them never did a single daily. But then again, I am good at math, unlike the 2 people in this thread complaining.
    Here's my assessment of the situation. Being as I'm the OP you're referring to. The people on MMO-champion are, generally speaking, the ones who spend the most time on WoW. They spend their time on the forums of a community that was built on WoW. I happen to like this community very much so even though I started to become casual, I like talking over things on the forums because I find there are a lot of people who share interesting and respectable viewpoints.

    All that being said, the pool of players from the MMO-Champion forums and the WoW forums are Blizzard fans and sometimes that gets in the way of objectivity. There are some players, like myself, who love this game so if I think they made a bad decision, I'll speak out about it. I've been bringing up dailies all the time on their forums and here.

    Unfortunately, most players don't care. If they don't like dailies, they just quit. Blizzard spent a lot of time defending their stance on dailies. I think a lot of people quit over it, what was it, 500k, when you are in a quarter with a new expansion and holiday season. I suspect that Blizzard has been watching the drop in subscribers and their NEW public stance on dailies proves my theory to be correct.

    I don't know that for certain, but you also don't know your suggested theory for certain. So there we are.

    PS. The ones against the daily system count more than 2 in this thread, as opposed to what you're claiming.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-03-01 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Really sick of seeing this argument. The fact is, if you don't do dailies to unlock valor gear, you get gear locked and your character progression comes to a grinding halt.

    Let's take dungeons for example. The highest ilvl you can obtain off dungeons is 463. Then, you're left to grind LFR MSV for *months* (unless the rng gods just lay a golden brick on you) to reach 470 to queue for the remaining LFR raids.

    So, as a result, you're looking at grinding for PvP gear and/or spending 20-35k (sever prices may vary) for BoE pieces to fill in the slots you need as just acquiring the Sha boots and Klaxxi neck aren't going to cut it.

    Blizzard acknowledged this because the gear bottleneck must be an obvious eyesore from their overall player participation data.
    And I'm sick and tired of this argument. Cata entry raids was done in heroic blues. Just like MoP entry raids. The VP gear is not mandatory and you aren't "gear locked". Especially not with LFR around. LFR gives you a whole new progression path. Even if you were to ignore VP gear and LFR gear, you could start out in T14 in your heroic blues. Because that is the progression path. It isn't a bottleneck. Blizzard is just realizing how whiney players are.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    And I'm sick and tired of this argument. Cata entry raids was done in heroic blues. Just like MoP entry raids. The VP gear is not mandatory and you aren't "gear locked". Especially not with LFR around. LFR gives you a whole new progression path. Even if you were to ignore VP gear and LFR gear, you could start out in T14 in your heroic blues. Because that is the progression path. It isn't a bottleneck. Blizzard is just realizing how whiney players are.

    Refer to comment #246 to find out why you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  7. #267
    Well then the developers agree with the minority. Like it's so fucking convenient for you to say it's a minority who's complaining when it's something you don't agree with but clearly it must be a majority who agree with you and the developers are just caving in. LIke if it was a position you supported you'd say it was the majority. It's so disgusting. Clearly the developers recognize the compulsion is to fucking much (6 months later) and this was felt by a majority of players. You don't like it to bad.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    2. 30k? You're shitting me right? Epics on the AH are 3k tops. Raid drops cost a lot but not the pattern ones. And they can craft their own by getting the mats and giving it to someone to make.
    Not everyone is on a high-pop server. Low-pop servers, the 476 crafted items are twice that much or more. BoE 476 drops go for 5-15k. DM cards are still 15k+ if you can even find them.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Agreed. Believe it or not as much as I'm dissing their daily system, I actually like Blizzard, but I'm objective about game design decisions. I fucking HATE when they hide behind failed systems instead of just admitting they fucked up. Then you get all of the Blizzard sheep who just throw out the same rhetoric like puppets.
    this is blizzard tactic my friend every new xpack they change what worked for year only to slowly revert back during the xpack,
    they introduced heirloom and slowly rend them useless in the current levelling only to put now the upgrader in 5.2,
    they introduced the tabard and changed it back only to put the stupid commendation back in 5.1 and now the farm order and the daily dungeon/scenario rep awards, they changed the option to do the 7 dungeon in a single day,
    they changed the loot in lfr so we don't need to deal with douces but now we are completely bound to a system tuned to keep us doing a raid each weak only for gold and for the rare loot.

    they change thing that work well just for the sake of changing not for improving them
    How about we let the parenting of kids to... their parents? No, seriously, World of Warcraft is a videogame. Gaming it's supposed to be a fun activity (if you have that fun through challenges, social interactions, etc is completely up to you). Not some kind of "School of Hard Knocks about the Real World".

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad they "acknowledge" this because it isn't true. They aren't mandatory at all. You don't need to spend the VP or JP and there are ways to unlocking some factions rep item without doing dailies.
    If you want to do anything usefull with VP they are. Nobody had a problem with daillies if they didn't lock you out from valor gear.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    If you want to do anything usefull with VP they are. Nobody had a problem with daillies if they didn't lock you out from valor gear.
    The problem is that they balked at getting rid of valor gear entirely. They fully planed on doing exactly that but they recognized what a fowl up that was and instead you get some mutated half system. I wish they would have. It would have sucked so bad. It would have potentially led to them loosing their obsession with RNG.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Tabards would be the sane and rational thing to do but I guess us "crying babies" haven't cried enough. Maybe If i crap my pants I can do it.
    Sane and rational? Ha! They made a huge mistake adding them back in Wrath because everybody got used to facerolling through dungeons for easy and fast rep. I actually don't mind them adding other ways to gain VP/rep, which is why I edited my post before your reply, but I hope they don't just decide to bring rep tabards back.

    Perhaps BoA rep tabards if you reach exalted on at least one character, so your alts can farm heroic 5man gear while gaining rep? I'm sure everybody would love that.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Sane and rational? Ha! They made a huge mistake adding them back in Wrath because everybody got used to facerolling through dungeons for easy and fast rep. I actually don't mind them adding other ways to gain VP, which is why I edited my post before your reply, but I hope they don't just decide to bring rep tabards back.

    Perhaps BoA rep tabards if you reach exalted one at least one character, so your alts can farm heroic 5man gear while gaining rep? I'm sure everybody would love that.
    Although I absolutely despise the current daily/rep system, it's a fair thing to say that the tabard system wasn't great either. I think a BoA rep tabard is a solid idea for people with alts, but it has been suggested 10000 times on the official WoW forums, including by me, and instead they took this ridiculous 'commendation' route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  14. #274
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,864
    The tabard system wasn't great only for BLIZZARD.
    For us players it was AWESOME system.
    Hence it was removed.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    Absolutely true, having ilvl restrictions forced people to do dailies "IF" they ever wanted the gear necessary to meet requirements of raiding, whether is was rf or normal; so in this regard they were necessary which felt a heck of alot like manditory.
    Absolutely false. MSV normal is designed to do in heroic blues. You can get crafted epics and the boots and gear from Sha of Anger and LFR. You do not need to grind dailies to raid.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Sane and rational? Ha! They made a huge mistake adding them back in Wrath because everybody got used to facerolling through dungeons for easy and fast rep. I actually don't mind them adding other ways to gain VP/rep, which is why I edited my post before your reply, but I hope they don't just decide to bring rep tabards back.

    Perhaps BoA rep tabards if you reach exalted on at least one character, so your alts can farm heroic 5man gear while gaining rep? I'm sure everybody would love that.
    I'm all for boa rep tabards but I don't view rep tabards as a mistake. I also don't view double dipping as a bad thing. It just makes activities rewarding. I don't see the problem with that. What's wrong with rewarding dungeons? and fast and eays rep for that matter?
    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 12:15 AM ----------

    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The tabard system wasn't great only for BLIZZARD.
    For us players it was AWESOME system.
    Hence it was removed.

    Why is it shitty for Blizzard? Cause it makes reps easy? Make more content then. Don't ask me to grind more for less.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They are not acknowledging it. They don't say that daily quests were mandatory. They just say that they felt mandatory to a lot of people in their playerbase. Not the same at all.
    Which is why they are making the 5.2 daily faction basically useless, right? They flat out said 5.2 daily quests won't feel mandatory. Why is that? Because unless you need loot 26 item levels or more below current valor gear or want whatever fluff mount is exalted, you won't have to touch it.

    That's a rather large move from top of the line valor gear behind the dailies to nothing worth a crap behind the dailies.

    Apparently what the playerbase "feels" is mandatory matters to Blizzard when enough of them quit.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 12:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    The problem is that they balked at getting rid of valor gear entirely. They fully planed on doing exactly that but they recognized what a fowl up that was and instead you get some mutated half system. I wish they would have. It would have sucked so bad. It would have potentially led to them loosing their obsession with RNG.
    Will they ever? RNG serves nothing and no one but Blizzard as a slowdown mechanism, yet players act like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

  18. #278
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Why is it shitty for Blizzard? Cause it makes reps easy? Make more content then. Don't ask me to grind more for less.
    That's exactly why it's bad for Blizzard - it requires them to pump up more content than they want (want - not can, they can pump out more content, they just don't want, it's costly - it's cheaper to gate content)

    ---------------------------------------------
    Also I'd like to repeat myself from previous pages.

    If it FEELS mandatory - it IS mandatory.
    How else you can define something as mandatory?
    If you like doing something - you do it and don't feel it's mandatory EVEN if it is.

    It's all in the feelings area.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-03-02 at 12:19 AM.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  19. #279
    Pandaren Monk twistedsista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    the west country
    Posts
    1,784
    i never thought i would find myself saying this, but bring back tabard rep. im sick of doing dailies even with the commendations you can get at revered to help your other chars, they all suck after levelling up 2 chars to 90. i would rather spend my time grinding hc`s than doing dailies & im sure the dps guys out there would have quicker waiting times also.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I quit because of daily and as I can see, WoW isnt better yet... I hate questing.
    How completely ridiculous you and everyone who did this is. You're willing to quit WoW altogether, but not quit dailies? WHY NOT JUST QUIT DOING DAILIES

    And don't tell me "I have to" if it's for gear. You get gear in raids. If you've got access to, say, HONORED level VP gear and still struggling enough in raids that you can't even get gear anymore, then you've got bigger problems than that last upgrade.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 12:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

    If it FEELS mandatory - it IS mandatory.
    If you like doing something - you do it and don't feel it's mandatory EVEN if it is.
    Blatant contradiction. "Even if it is mandatory, but you don't feel it's mandatory, then it's not." You can't start with "Even if it is X" and end with "then it's not X".

    You don't need to be exalted to raid. You don't even need to be revered. You don't even need VP gear at all. Yes, you might get a slower start if your whole group is new to the tier and doesn't have VP gear, but that is YOUR CHOICE to take advantage of everything offered to accelerate the process. YOU HAVE A CHOICE, therefore it's not mandatory.

    This is all aside from the fact that if dailies were as "mandatory" as everyone says, then everyone would have done them every day, in which case they would have been exalted in the first 3 or 4 weeks with everyone. SO WHY ARE YOU STILL DOING DAILIES??? If it's for any other reason than rep, then they're not mandatory, period. If it's because you still need any rep, then the very fact that you're still not exalted SIX MONTHS after release PROVES that you don't do them anywhere near every day and therefore they can't possibly be mandatory because you're not doing them.

    It's all in the feelings area.[/QUOTE]

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 12:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

    If it FEELS mandatory - it IS mandatory.
    If you like doing something - you do it and don't feel it's mandatory EVEN if it is.
    Blatant contradiction. "Even if it is mandatory, but you don't feel it's mandatory, then it's not." You can't start with "Even if it is X" and end with "then it's not X".

    You don't need to be exalted to raid. You don't even need to be revered. You don't even need VP gear at all. Yes, you might get a slower start if your whole group is new to the tier and doesn't have VP gear, but that is YOUR CHOICE to take advantage of everything offered to accelerate the process. YOU HAVE A CHOICE, therefore it's not mandatory.

    This is all aside from the fact that if dailies were as "mandatory" as everyone says, then everyone would have done them every day, in which case they would have been exalted in the first 3 or 4 weeks with everyone. SO WHY ARE YOU STILL DOING DAILIES??? If it's for any other reason than rep, then they're not mandatory, period. If it's because you still need any rep, then the very fact that you're still not exalted SIX MONTHS after release PROVES that you don't do them anywhere near every day and therefore they can't possibly be mandatory because you're not doing them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •