Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
... LastLast
  1. #341
    There's such an easy way to fix this but Blizzard have their stupid reasons not to. Just make reputation for all MoP factions (except for Black Prince) account wide. Do them on one character and it's done on all your characters.

  2. #342
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Don't use words "challenge" together with "daily quests". They aren't challenging. They are repetitive, boring and trivial to do. They don't require any skills, class specific or not, they don't require cooperation, they only require time.

    And what makes you think that only "dumb masses" complain about it? I know that pretty much entire guild of mine didn't like the idea, even though we consider ourselves pretty hardcore (not world first crowd, naturally, but decent enough to finish all h content before next patch). I know that other guilds on our realm weren't pleased either. I know that reaching revered with Golden Lotus was a giant sigh of relief for everyone... and that need to farm Charms again is annoying the hell out of me.

    But hey, we're just whining unwashed masses that can't appreciate "the challenge" in daily quests. Teach us, Enlightened One.
    Actually I mean tougher content, like people complaining things are too hard because it takes a little skill, and when it is a challenge they get nerfed............never said dailies were a challenge I said they were OPTIONAL.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad they "acknowledge" this because it isn't true. They aren't mandatory at all. You don't need to spend the VP or JP and there are ways to unlocking some factions rep item without doing dailies.
    NEED to? no...would you like to progress your character if your a casual player? would you like to be in a raiding guild? so unless your a pure pvp player, one the single biggest ways to improve your character is through mandatory dailies...it wouldnt be so bad if they at least had rep tabards you could get at honored or something.....

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    No the dumb masses proved that Blizzard can't put challenge into their game anymore or optional content because the dumb masses want everything now so they can complain about lack of things to do and how Blizzard sucks because they aren't giving new content fast enough.


    Challenge is good. But can you seriously say grinding piss easy boring content is challenging? I dont think anyone every complained dailies were too hard, just too mindnumbingly boring.

    As for optional content. Locking vp gear behing rep, and making rep only come from dailies, and locking recipies behind rep, and trade mat sources....that makes daillies pretty much mandatory.
    sure you dont NEED to do them, but then again you dont NEED to level up either...but I think you'll find most people feel compelled to.


    If you want to see how to add in optional content, go play Rift. it does it really well, giving you lots (far more than wow) of different content at endgame but not forcing you to do anything you dont want to.

    You call people dumb masses, thats pretty stupid to label people who disagree with you as dumb, esp when they can articulate good reasons for doing so.
    I could call you an ignorant, small minded, fanboy...but I wont.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    You call people dumb masses, thats pretty stupid to label people who disagree with you as dumb, esp when they can articulate good reasons for doing so.
    I could call you an ignorant, small minded, fanboy...but I wont.
    Seefer has made it quite clear how much disdain he/she holds for other players.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  6. #346
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    Seefer has made it quite clear how much disdain he/she holds for other players.
    Actually he was talking to someone else and I just took it further, and not all players, just the cry babies, trade trolls and people who can't be bothered to learn their classes and roles, so about 74% of the players.

  7. #347
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    I also feel that they are forced in order to progress, although Blizzard say they're not, I definitely feel that they are. Don't get me wrong, it's still your choice at the end of the day.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad they "acknowledge" this because it isn't true. They aren't mandatory at all. You don't need to spend the VP or JP and there are ways to unlocking some factions rep item without doing dailies.
    They "felt" mandatory isn't the same as them being mandatory. Lots of people felt they had to do them even if they didn't in reality.

    Personally the dailies never bothered me and i've even done them on alts... Takes about 5-7 days of dailies with klaxxi to get exalted if you have bought the increased rep item on your account and done dread wasts for example... Really not hard.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    They "felt" mandatory isn't the same as them being mandatory. Lots of people felt they had to do them even if they didn't in reality.
    Actually, functionally, they are pretty much the same. If something feels necessary, then not doing it will damage the satisfaction you have in playing the game, which is all the game is really about.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Did you see patch 5.2?
    They don't ignore customer feedback, even though I believe those customers are wrong.

    Don't get me wrong! I despise dailies and simply refuse to do them.
    That's why I disagree with the opinion that "you are forced to do dailies".
    I am having fun and can enter all raids without touching those terrible dailies.



    Huh? Care to explain that..?
    Because at the moment it doesn't make any sense.
    Hmm. You were suggesting that the "dumb masses" didnt understand what optional meant. I was suggesting that maybe they do and to prove it they were treating the subscription fee as optional ie quitting.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Actually he was talking to someone else and I just took it further, and not all players, just the cry babies, trade trolls and people who can't be bothered to learn their classes and roles, so about 74% of the players.
    What does anything you're saying have to do with daily quests? Nothing.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 05:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    They "felt" mandatory isn't the same as them being mandatory.
    Please refer to my comment #246 in this thread because I'm sick of telling people why they are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  12. #352
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Actually, functionally, they are pretty much the same. If something feels necessary, then not doing it will damage the satisfaction you have in playing the game, which is all the game is really about.
    The difference is that if something only feels mandatory, you could always try to educate them and change their feeling.

    What if players suddenly started to claim that PvP is mandatory? Are they going to remove that from the game too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Hmm. You were suggesting that the "dumb masses" didnt understand what optional meant. I was suggesting that maybe they do and to prove it they were treating the subscription fee as optional ie quitting.
    Ahaa.. My mistake, I was thinking you were actually making a point.

    People quitting their subscription doesn't change anything from the fact that dailies are optional.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 11:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Please refer to my comment #246 in this thread because I'm sick of telling people why they are wrong.
    That comment is wrong..
    Or well, maybe not wrong. It's just freaking annoying.

    If you dinged 90, you can either do dailies and get gear with it or you can follow the same slow path everyone took.
    God forbid that getting all epic-gear is taking any effort -_-' People can't seem to handle that nowadays.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What if players suddenly started to claim that PvP is mandatory? Are they going to remove that from the game too?
    Actually, that's pretty much what they did in MoP, at least for me. The change to PvP gear stats -- to make PvP gear feel not needed for PvE, and vice versa! -- has made casual PvP gearing mostly pointless.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  14. #354
    There needs to be a mix. There's too many good rewards locked behind long and drawn out daily quest reps. And then when you finally reach the reputation you need excessive valor as well.

    Rep / gold. Same as cata. The rep is already slowed.. so allowing the item to be purchasable with gold is absolutely fine.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    If you dinged 90, you can either do dailies and get gear with it or you can follow the same slow path everyone took.
    God forbid that getting all epic-gear is taking any effort -_-' People can't seem to handle that nowadays.
    The problem is the slow path..... only some took. Not everyone. Some gimped their progression, some quit. People have lives. By 'effort' you mean time by the way. All of those things I listed are extremely grindy and not fun, just time consuming. It's not a measure of game skill either. It's an arbitrary barrier Blizzard has put up to force people to log in every single day, completely screwing anyone who wants to casually enjoy the game. I just want to run HoF LFR but I need 470 IL. Those things I listed are what I have to do if I want to do that in the game as a casual player.

    In my mind, not worth it. This is why people are quitting and they are changing their stance.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 06:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Actually, functionally, they are pretty much the same. If something feels necessary, then not doing it will damage the satisfaction you have in playing the game, which is all the game is really about.
    That was a good way to put it and I'm quoting for emphasis.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-03-02 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  16. #356
    Dailies aren't mandatory regardless of post #246 or w/e. A couple 476 crafted epics, boots from sha as well as msv lfr gear and upgrading blues/purples with justice and valor means you don't need to do a single daily quest to attain a 470 ilvl. Try again.

  17. #357
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    The problem is the slow path..... only some took. Not everyone. Some gimped their progression, some quit. People have lives. By 'effort' you mean time by the way. All of those things I listed are extremely grindy and not fun, just time consuming. It's not a measure of game skill either. It's an arbitrary barrier Blizzard has put up to force people to log in every single day, completely screwing anyone who wants to casually enjoy the game. I just want to run HoF LFR but I need 470 IL. Those things I listed are what I have to do if I want to do that in the game as a casual player.

    In my mind, not worth it. This is why people are quitting and they are changing their stance.
    Only some people took that slow path because some people still had it stuck in their heads that they "need to do everything fast!".

    In the end most people want to improve their character by obtaining better gear.
    You can get better gear by doing raids and dungeons.
    For some reason we got an alternative path of gearing: Dailies.

    What people forget is that it's an alternative path of gearing.
    All some folks here is that it's a path and they think they need to do each of those because they want 'BiS' as soon as possible.

    If you want 470 to do HoF, I have one advice for you:
    -Ding 90
    -Do dungeons and buy some gear.
    -Farm through MSV and the Sha.
    -Obtain 470 and enjoy yourself.

    I did it and I casually enjoyed the game.
    Never did any of the 5.0 dailies, never bought an epic and I didn't raid normals.

  18. #358
    Simple. If I didn't wanted to do dailies, the only gear I would have gotten is 463s from heroics. I won't have the rep to get access to rep gear.

    As a result I have access to only 2 LFRs and that too won't allow me to go to the 470LFRs.

    You need other sources of purple gear. Valentines's necklace helped me a lot in getting reaching my current 467. But it's still not enough to run 470 LFRs.

    There has to be progression. Waiting 2 runs per week and for events is NOT progression. We'll have to start raiding again. *gasp*

  19. #359
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    My only option is to farm 300 heroic dungeons to gather enough JP to bring my ilevel to 470 through item upgrades at 1500 JP a pop so I can enter HoF and Terrace LFR.
    Mby you actually try playing the game, because after seeing posts like this I highly doubt u have played in MoP.
    300 HCs would give u 50400~ JP while 1 char max need 21000.
    21k is 30-40 hours and u should have enough money to buy darkmoon trinket (4k-9k on my server) around that time.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Actually, functionally, they are pretty much the same. If something feels necessary, then not doing it will damage the satisfaction you have in playing the game, which is all the game is really about.
    Brilliant. Thank you. You can make an argument that technically nothing is required in this game but how good is that? The whole argument about technical requirement and not is so stupid. Like technically the only thing required about warcraft is the sub and computer requirements on the back. that's all that you need. Everything else is up to choice. But if the choice isn't good. If the choice is really a non choice. Then yes the path to gearing starts to feel very required and becomes functionally no different then I need to upgrade my pc to play this game or pay 15 a month to pay it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 02:39 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You can get better gear by doing raids and dungeons.

    Simple false. I can't get better gear in dungeons. Dungeons aren't rewarding enough in that sense. Saying dailies are alternative path is true but misleading. They are currently THE BETTER PATH (and ergo the FORCED path)because the other remaining paths are far to RNG dependent.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-03 at 02:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •