Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And they still follow that opinion, nothing changed.

Dailies are not mandatory at all.
    The sad part is that Blizzard thought they could educate the dumb masses.
    They actually believed they could teach people that optional stuff is optional.
    But the QQ'ers ignored that and kept crying the same phrase over and over "I AM FORCED TO DO DAILIES!".

That's why they said this, which comes down to: "Dailies are not forced, but whiners feel forced."

Why are people wrong? You were never forced to do dailies.
    They simply catered to the QQ because people aren't intelligent enough to understand what optional means.
    Spoken by someone who has apparently never played the game.

If Blizzard thought these garbage dailies called "content" they would not gate stories behind dailies, nor would they attach charms to dailies for raiding. Seriously how much sense does it make to attach them to dailies? One has nothing to do with the other. Apparently, if it weren't for charms no one would give a shit about dailies. So there lies the rub.

The biggest problem of all is that they keep producing dailies for a MMO. If it takes longer to do dailies in a group than solo you've failed as a designer.
    Last edited by ihyln; 2013-03-03 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad they "acknowledge" this because it isn't true. They aren't mandatory at all. You don't need to spend the VP or JP and there are ways to unlocking some factions rep item without doing dailies.
    Oh, really? Man I must have missed this. How did you get your reputations up with out doing the dailies? Please, enlighten me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Total capitalism, on the other hand, is a system where the few are the winners, and the rest are powerless. It is also an impossible system, because the vast majority of people will be unhappy. And when that happens, the winners of yesterday tend to be the lynched of today, and the system is changed.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

I grinded the hell out of those miserable, life sapping dailies until I reached exaulted with them all, result? 1500+ charms that have lasted me until 5.2, and then it starts all ......over.........again

Cannot

Wait

Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Oh, really? Man I must have missed this. How did you get your reputations up with out doing the dailies? Please, enlighten me.
    Well, there are those chests which award reputation (do they? I purged that horible grind out of my memory). Too bad they're only available after revered Golden Lotus when you *no longer need them*... I seriously wonder who had this brilliant idea of gating them as well.

The dailies aren't forced in a strict sense, but they are in a beneficial sense.

I feel dailies should be completely optional in the sense that they have no effect on obtaining gear.

Just provide mounts, pets, cosmetics, titles, achievements, etc. with the main focus being on gold income.

Dailies feel like a job, and when I do them I feel like i'm wasting time, when I could be doing something I actually enjoy doing. However since dailies benefit raiding gear I can't just stick straight with raiding. I gotta take time out to do dailies.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-03-03 at 06:09 AM.

Only some people took that slow path because some people still had it stuck in their heads that they "need to do everything fast!".

In the end most people want to improve their character by obtaining better gear.
    You can get better gear by doing raids and dungeons.
    For some reason we got an alternative path of gearing: Dailies.

What people forget is that it's an alternative path of gearing.
    All some folks here is that it's a path and they think they need to do each of those because they want 'BiS' as soon as possible.

If you want 470 to do HoF, I have one advice for you:
    -Ding 90
    -Do dungeons and buy some gear.
    -Farm through MSV and the Sha.
    -Obtain 470 and enjoy yourself.

I did it and I casually enjoyed the game.
    Never did any of the 5.0 dailies, never bought an epic and I didn't raid normals.
    So...what that translates into is:
    -Ding 90
    -Do dungeons for weeks on end, hoping someone doesnt take the gear you desperately need becasue they want a shard, or buy some gear...hopefully not with money you'd make from crafting professions, since you are skipping rep, you aint making anything worth having....
    -Farm through MSV and Sha and pray the rng gods like you
    -after reaching 470, months behind everyone else, start queing for HoF just in time for the next patch

I did it and got rediculously lucky and expect everyone else to have that exact same experience

*fixed for ya
    Last edited by Ehrenpanzer; 2013-03-03 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Mby you actually try playing the game, because after seeing posts like this I highly doubt u have played in MoP.
    300 HCs would give u 50400~ JP while 1 char max need 21000.
    21k is 30-40 hours and u should have enough money to buy darkmoon trinket (4k-9k on my server) around that time.
    I think you are vastly underestimating the amount of time it would take to gear your character in this way. If we take you figures of 50K JP needing roughly 300 Heroic runs then 21000 JP will take around 125 runs. Unless you are a tank or a healer you will spend roughly 10-15 minutes waiting in the queue this alone will amount to 20-30 hours of game time spent queuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    -Ding 90
    -Do dungeons for weeks on end, hoping someone doesnt take the gear you desperately need becasue they want a shard, or buy some gear...hopefully not with money you'd make from crafting professions, since you are skipping rep, you aint making anything worth having....
    -after reaching 470, months behind everyone else, start queing for HoF just in time for the next patch

I did it and got rediculously lucky and expect everyone else to have that exact same experience

*fixed for ya
    That's exactly what they want you to do and exactly why these clowns don't recognize how compelling the reward from these daily quests are. They took the method for combating rng that people LOVED and put it behind dailies and then some how have the nerve to tell people it's optional.

Dailies intended to be content for those players, who have not enough to do ingame. I.e. if you're workless, can play 24/7, have already completed your raids, have no extra things to do like PVP, leveling alts and etc. - then there should be extra content for you. So this must be "least priority" content: you should switch to it ONLY if you have nothing else to do. But... You know... The fact that progression meanful rewards are locked behind daily grind makes me think, that dailies are not working as intended. Why? Guarantied progression-related reward just turn dailies into top priority content. And it's just wrong. If I have just a few hours a day to play, if I'm at progression stage of tier, if I have enough things to do ingame - I have several alts for example, then I souldn't even think about this dailies. The fact, that dailies became part of progression - is just a bad design. And it should be fixed as fast as possible.
    PurePVE Addon: If Blizzard refuses to solve our problems, we will find solutions by ourselves.
    Sorry for my bad english. My signature.(Warning! 9.6Mb gif animation)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club

That's what I don't understand. Why wasn't daily content extra shit to do before they put all these rewards behind them? What happened? Dailies have been in this godamn game since TBC and it hasn't a been a cure for your extra shit to do since then so what's up?

Doing dailies is fine, but I agree they shouldn't have tied valor gear to it. Past factions had just a few "extra" epics in their inventory you could buy with gold. That worked splendidly imo.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

-Ding 90

*fixed for ya
    The contrary, I was extremely unlucky.

1) There are other ways to make money besides creating armour.
    2) People hardly 'ninja' loot in dungeons.
    3) It doesn't take that long, except for 1 in a million people.
    4) With bad luck, you might be one month behind everyone else.

Isn't that terrible? A system where, if you start a month later, you are behind a month.
    How dare they!?

-Ding 90

*fixed for ya
    Welcome to what raiding was back in Vanilla and BC, farming content for ages with no guarantee of an upgrade for months.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    You sir are the (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ guy.

Remove rewards from PvP, would people still PvP?
    Remove rewards from Dungeons, would people still do Dungeons?
    Remove rewards from Raids, would people still do Raids?
    Remove rewards from Dailies, would people sti....

The contrary, I was extremely unlucky.

1) There are other ways to make money besides creating armour.
    2) People hardly 'ninja' loot in dungeons.
    3) It doesn't take that long, except for 1 in a million people.
    4) With bad luck, you might be one month behind everyone else.

Isn't that terrible? A system where, if you start a month later, you are behind a month.
    How dare they!?
    1. Dailies?
    2. Lies
    3. Lies. It's quite the other way around. A few lucky fucks and the whole bunch of losers. Especially if you do not do any dailies (dailies provide you with roughly 3 more Sha rolls a week or 3 more rolls in MSV)
    4. Lies. Without being EXTREMELY lucky you are bound to fall behind. (Not doing dailies that is)
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-03-03 at 11:51 AM.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Really sick of seeing this argument. The fact is, if you don't do dailies to unlock valor gear, you get gear locked and your character progression comes to a grinding halt.

Let's take dungeons for example. The highest ilvl you can obtain off dungeons is 463. Then, you're left to grind LFR MSV for *months* (unless the rng gods just lay a golden brick on you) to reach 470 to queue for the remaining LFR raids.

So, as a result, you're looking at grinding for PvP gear and/or spending 20-35k (sever prices may vary) for BoE pieces to fill in the slots you need as just acquiring the Sha boots and Klaxxi neck aren't going to cut it.

Blizzard acknowledged this because the gear bottleneck must be an obvious eyesore from their overall player participation data.
    So you want the privilege to raid in X zone , In order to do so you need to get X ilvl, one of the journys you have to take Is doing dailies In order to accomplish that, you dont want to , you dont have time, Its your own problem, your mentality Is just annoying , "I WANT GEAR WITHOUT ANY EFFORT" seriously, guys like you will make this game to go to hell, DING LVL 100 , MAILBOX WITH FULL EPIC GEAR , NOW GO AHEAD HERO GO AND EXPLORE ALL OUR RAIDS AND HEROICS AND ALL THE CONTENT RIGHT NOW! OH U CRYING ITS TOO HARD WHEN YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT YOUR CLASS? OKAY WE NERF THE CONTENT, HAVE FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    So you want the privilege to raid in X zone , In order to do so you need to get X ilvl, one of the journys you have to take Is doing dailies In order to accomplish that, you dont want to , you dont have time, Its your own problem, your mentality Is just annoying , "I WANT GEAR WITHOUT ANY EFFORT" seriously, guys like you will make this game to go to hell, DING LVL 100 , MAILBOX WITH FULL EPIC GEAR , NOW GO AHEAD HERO GO AND EXPLORE ALL OUR RAIDS AND HEROICS AND ALL THE CONTENT RIGHT NOW! OH U CRYING ITS TOO HARD WHEN YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT YOUR CLASS? OKAY WE NERF THE CONTENT, HAVE FUN!
    There are different types of challenges, one might be skillbased (meaning you do something difficult that might take time to learn) another one is timebased(it takes a shitload of time) dailies are timebased and its the equivalent of say writing nonsense sentences on the blackboard two thousand times And the later one is not particular good game design, although I heard farmville pulled it off pretty nice so we'll call it “effective game design”.

I will say that it doesn't feel nearly as forced now, but right at the start it sure as heck did. I'm not one to sit around and let an upgrade just sit there without taking advantage of it, so while I might not have " needed " it, I wasn't going to just sit and hope for an upgrade when I knew I could get a guaranteed one.

I'm not a huge fan of dailies, didn't do them in TBC, didn't do them in Wrath and only did TB until I got one of the weapons. With that said, I still think the worst mistake they made was forcing you to do Golden Lotus if you wanted to do the others. I think if they had not done that, allowing people to go straight after the crafting schematics they needed most players would of felt better about them. TBH most of the rest of them weren't a huge issue, but the Golden Lotus dailies sucked balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    1. Dailies?
    2. Lies
    3. Lies. It's quite the other way around. A few lucky fucks and the whole bunch of losers. Especially if you do not do any dailies (dailies provide you with roughly 3 more Sha rolls a week or 3 more rolls in MSV)
    4. Lies. Without being EXTREMELY lucky you are bound to fall behind. (Not doing dailies that is)
    1. No others, try again.
    2. No, not really. It hardly happens.
    3. Statistics disagree.
    4. Fall behind on what? Everybody in this world is lucky except for you?

If they did it this way:
    1. Dailies reward same gold, 2x valor (10), same rep - but no coins
    2. Coins - are removed. Charms quest still remains - but requires 90 Motes of Harmony to get 3 charms per week. Motes are farmed everywhere and drop rate increased. Players now have an option to either use Spirits for crafting or as bonus rolls or both (you, Chinese farmers, you).
    3. Valor items do not require rep (but if they want to gate things - vendors are unavailable at the start of expansion - they appear with raids - or a week later than raids)
    4. Rep vendors provide lower quality epics (476) for gold at revered/exalted (different piece at each level) - they also provide 463 blues at friendly/honored (some odd pieces).
    5. Dungeons/Scenarios have higher chance to drop 476 epics - on par with the time needed to get them from Rep vendors.
    6. Dungeons provide JP for Justice Vendors which are available at level 90 right away. So players can prepare themselves for heroics.
    7. Heroics provide VP - just like now. Scenarios, LFR, raids - the same. Weekly Valor Cap - the same, Total valor cap - the same.

If they did it THAT way - no one would've complained about dailies being mandatory. And they still would've gated content.
    Everyone would've being content with the content:

1. People who don't like running dungeons and raids but love dailes and being in the world - can gear to 476 ilvl doing so.
    2. People who don't like dailies and prefer to run LFR - would have this progression: scenarios/heroics -> LFR
    3. People who wants to just raid: scenarious/heroics == (LFR) -> Normal raids.
    4. People who have spare time in game - can do either of the other activities at their leisure. Not to mention PVP.
    5. People who wants to cap VP (for whatever reason, hey - legendary quest) - will have to do more than one activity.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 05:04 PM ----------

1. No others, try again.
    2. No, not really. It hardly happens.
    3. Statistics disagree.
    4. Fall behind on what? Everybody in this world is lucky except for you?
    1. Are you unable to spell it out? This is not chat you know. Don't increase page count in the thread with such nonsense.
    2. It happens all the time.
    3. Present your statistics then
    4. In everything, behind people who do dailies. They have 489/496 VP epics, you have no luck in LFR.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-03-03 at 01:06 PM.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant