Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Four (soon five) gear factions you have to farm each day. Plus two profession factions, and the serpent riders. Add to that your heroics, lfr, and scenarios...
    I always /lol'd at people who have this mindset. It is pretty much pointless and a waste of time to do all of the factions at the same time for the simple fact that you can't earn enough VP to spend on all of those factions gear. Work on 1-2 factions to revered and along the way you've earned the VP to buy the gear during the rep gind. You will reach revered with each faction long before you earn enough VP to buy the gear from them all. Work on another 1-2 and along the way you'v earned enough to buy the gear. Now I can see with 5.2 how people might feel that they need to do all of the factions at the same time since the gear cost will drop in half (for the majority of them anyway).
    Last edited by Marema; 2013-03-01 at 05:27 PM.

Even ignoring the rep for valor gear, dailies felt mandatory for lesser charms.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    So much false. Highest ilvl you can get from a heroic is 476.
    Bahahahaha hell no, 476 items almost never drop from heroics, you have better luck getting a full set of items from LFR in a week than ever seeing a 476 drop from a heroic.

"Mists of Pandaria set out to provide lots of things for you to do, but daily quests ended up feeling more mandatory than they wanted. The Patch 5.2 daily quests feel less mandatory."

I find a lot of people in this thread are missing the important bit, which I've bolded for convenience. Blizzard need to reduce the power rewards from dailies, and improve the cosmetic ones instead. Klaxxi were the best example, having transmopable weapons (which were superior quality and outclassed by heroics) and a mount as their reward.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad they "acknowledge" this because it isn't true. They aren't mandatory at all. You don't need to spend the VP or JP and there are ways to unlocking some factions rep item without doing dailies.
    That is true. But that was also true for the previous head and shoulder enchants. You do not need to have them for raiding, but try finding a group willingly to take you if you do not.

The same is also true now. If a raider is earning VP but not spending them on gear, a guild can ask the raider why they are not replacing their dungeon gear with VP gear. To buy VP gear requires some rep grinding with the various factions. It is not mandatory from the game perspective but any raiding guild will expect their raiders to obtain VP gear at some point as upgrades since it possible that piece of gear never dropped.

I when through all the raid tiers in Cata with a 365 (Heroic dungeon) head piece because an upgrade just never dropped for me. It happens.

This thread is such a mix of laziness and epeen. "I cba to raid or do lfr or do dailies, but by god I better be able to get the maximum possible gear score." I understand it's not possible for some people to raid, but you can't get past the fact that gear is for raids and raids are for gear. Blizzard has bent this a bit by giving you alternative routes so you can have some gear progression, but if you're not willing to embrace these alternatives why the hell are you even playing this game? So you can sit in Shrine and have people admire you?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

They stated it exactly right. They are not mandatory, but they feel mandatory. You didn't have to do them, but honestly how many people are going to be like, It's ok I don't need extra rolls on bosses, or I don't care about being able to spend my VP/JP, or I don't care about the rep patterns. It made the problem especially bad for anyone who plays alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I noticed that they are finally acknowledging that dailies are too forced.

"Mists of Pandaria set out to provide lots of things for you to do, but daily quests ended up feeling more mandatory than they wanted. The Patch 5.2 daily quests feel less mandatory."

Off main page.

It's sad and frustrating though because it took months of people bitching and complaining and they just defended it by saying 'you don't have to do dailies'. Yes you did because it's the only way to spend the damn JP/VP. Unreal. They didn't lose me personally, but I know a lot of players just in my guild/on my server who quit over the bullshit reputation grinds.
    Yeah, they realized now of what we have been telling them for 5 months, but they dont give viable alternatives.

750 rep for one faction only a day is a joke, they are again mocking their playerbase like with the L2P blog.

They splitted the reputation in 5.2, but for new players, the old reps are still very much forced, and there are no viable alternatives.

They also refuse to provide alternatives for the charms (low chance on pet battles is not a viable alternative) so dailies will still be mandatory in 5.2.

At least they know realize ther is a problem, even when they are incapable of giving viable alternatives to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    2. Your average player doesn't have 30k to dump on BoE epics (especially if they aren't doing dailies). They cannot craft their own because 99% of all the epic gear patterns are locked behind the rep.
    30k epics? All the 476 crafted stuff on my server was going for like 5-10k before 5.1. After 5.1, I see people selling some crafteds for 2-3k.

Your exaggeration just makes your argument easier to write off. If you didn't go so overboard, people would take your posts more seriously.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mandatory or not, I know that I just can't wait to go back to dailys for my Charms. Such a joy, really, and I'm not quite sure how 5.2 is supposed to make it better.

This is standart dev's tactic. They are using the fact, that players are too inertness and won't cancel their subs immediately after some bad changes are made to game. They just know, that new xpack - is a great event in game's history and that you'll play it anyway, whatever bad changes they'll make. So they are winning some amount of time: while you are "eating" grindy content, they have free time and resources to develop some other things. And as soon as players loyalty cames closer to 0, they're start nerfing this content and pretending that now they're understands player's problems. That makes frustated players happy again and rises their loyalty back. So they might change things at proper time, but they didn't. And now 1/3 of this xpack is wasted and we will have to wait till 5.4 to see all changes, that should be made. I.e. Wow became a game of last patch - playing it before last patch is worthes spending of your nerves. I sick of this game always being a tradeoff between good and bad changes since Cata. I've already chancelled my sub and won't resub till MOP changes won't completely reverted. And even if 5.4 will bring us enjoyable playstyle again, but 6.0 will be tradeoff again - this time I just won't buy this xpack.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    They stated it exactly right. They are not mandatory, but they feel mandatory. You didn't have to do them, but honestly how many people are going to be like, It's ok I don't need extra rolls on bosses, or I don't care about being able to spend my VP/JP, or I don't care about the rep patterns. It made the problem especially bad for anyone who plays alts.
    So are they fixing this? My account has been disabled for a few months now because in my opinion alts in mop are horrible. I would be interested to know if they make changes so that I can actually enjoy my alts...and not be facing months of dailies just so my alt tailor can make mop bags lol

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I always /lol'd at people who have this mindset. It is pretty much pointless and a waste of time to do all of the factions at the same time for the simple fact that you can't earn enough VP to spend on all of those factions gear. Work on 1-2 factions to revered and along the way you've earned the VP to buy the gear during the rep gind. You will reach revered with each faction long before you earn enough VP to buy the gear from them all. Work on another 1-2 and along the way you'v earned enough to buy the gear. Now I can see with 5.2 how people might feel that they need to do all of the factions at the same time since the gear cost will drop in half (for the majority of them anyway).
    I'm not even thinking about VP...
    LFR drop rates are horrible, but it's faster to spend months farming that than months farming dailies.

One things for sure, gearing up is way too hard after you hit 460.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad they "acknowledge" this because it isn't true. They aren't mandatory at all. You don't need to spend the VP or JP and there are ways to unlocking some factions rep item without doing dailies.
    And the idiot prize response comes on the first post. It WAS/IS a grind. One character, okay... fine. But to have to repeat the process with every alt you may want to play is ridiculous. Even with the 100% rep increase after one character is revered or higher, it's still a pain to get the rep up and then even have to wait for certain reps to unlock (Shado-Pan, August Celestials), after hitting revered with GL is beyond retarded. It's a constant grind, even after you are exalted, the quickest way to get to VP cap is the day of restart (with Valor of Ancient Buff) do every daily to get 350+ VP, then having to do all the LFRs (which sucks) because most people skip mechanics still which makes the fights last longer than necessary. And then finish with a few heroics the rest of the week. I am not saying the VP should be handed out, but at least give us the opportunity to find other ways to get rep and VP a bit easier.

If you complete the Klaxxi zone you will be revered with Klaxxi, so you are not valor locked unless you are too stupid to finish the zone. Then you can also buy the Klaxxi token to double rep and it will take 3-4 days if you really wanted the epic quest ring, which you would be most likely doing quests all over Dread wastes in those 4 days and never once have to do the same quest twice so its not like you had to do the same boring quest over and over and over again for days on end.

Besides as an experiment I got a DK to ilevel 472 and into ToES LFR in 2 weeks (an hour a day for 3-4 days a week, so 6-8 hours of game play) without doing a SINGLE daily or raid. Really all you 'I dont want to HAVE to do dailies' peeps are just a bunch of whiny babies whose diapers need to be changed. This isnt a grind, go play an asian MMO if you want to see what a real grind is.

As far as why Blizz waited until 5.2 to deal with the daily crying is because you don't slam the brakes on something that makes up the spinal column of your new game strategy. If it doesn't work you let it ride until you can get to a place that you can phase it out/tweek it, or you wait until your next full start and you fix the issue then. A full start in this case would be the next expansion. If they slammed on the brakes everytime the community had a loud enough whine people would start thinking their driving was erratic and herky jerky. Once you start handing out cards you have to deal the hands out even if people don't like the cards they have been dealt. You play it out and hope the next shuffle is better.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-03-01 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard didn't spoon feed people in Wrath & Cataclysm, we wouldn't have the problem with people being lazy, now would we

Over the last 4 years people have become so bloody lazy and there is a reason why the game declines. To many whiners want everything handed to them.

It just sickens me how many people defend they shouldn't or don't need to put in any work to earn there gear. Even if it isn't through dailies, it will be through something else. Dailies are so easy I just can't believe how lazy the WoW community has gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    This thread is such a mix of laziness and epeen. "I cba to raid or do lfr or do dailies, but by god I better be able to get the maximum possible gear score." I understand it's not possible for some people to raid, but you can't get past the fact that gear is for raids and raids are for gear. Blizzard has bent this a bit by giving you alternative routes so you can have some gear progression, but if you're not willing to embrace these alternatives why the hell are you even playing this game? So you can sit in Shrine and have people admire you?
    You sir are amazing
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-03-01 at 05:59 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockrocker75 View Post
    And the idiot prize response comes on the first post. It WAS/IS a grind. One character, okay... fine. But to have to repeat the process with every alt you may want to play is ridiculous. Even with the 100% rep increase after one character is revered or higher, it's still a pain to get the rep up and then even have to wait for certain reps to unlock (Shado-Pan, August Celestials), after hitting revered with GL is beyond retarded. It's a constant grind, even after you are exalted, the quickest way to get to VP cap is the day of restart (with Valor of Ancient Buff) do every daily to get 350+ VP, then having to do all the LFRs (which sucks) because most people skip mechanics still which makes the fights last longer than necessary. And then finish with a few heroics the rest of the week. I am not saying the VP should be handed out, but at least give us the opportunity to find other ways to get rep and VP a bit easier.
    You call me an idiot yet you don't understand the thread OR my post. Never once did I say it wasn't a grind. It is a grind, a big grind, but so is everything else. No one is arguing that, it isn't the point of the thread. So please, before calling someone an idiot read the damn post.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Highest ilvl you CAN get...
    99% of players will never see one of those epics

Also, best crafted items you can get for 500g on my server are ilvl 450, they wont get you anywhere

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 06:10 PM ----------

Yes, but now everybody else has extra rolls, so you need them if you dont want to fall behind.
    Not really, I have a guildy that I outgear and he can't seem to win an extra roll to save his life, but again, it's not mandatory to have them in order to raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    but daily quests ended up feeling more mandatory than they wanted
    They may have felt mandatory, they sure as hell were optional, like all other content in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    So much BS in this post it's unbelievable. To get Klaxxi neck and other factions rewards you have to get those to exalted. Crafted items cost a hell of a lot more than 200-500g even with the materials and even though heroics CAN drop SOME 476 items I have so far not seen a single one.

It's not just the gear that makes dailys mandatory. Serpent Riding, enchant recipes, tailoring recipes and other stuff often being gated behind TWO reputations makes it mandatory if you actually want to do anything with your professions whatsoever.
    Key word there is WANT, nothing in this game is mandatory it is all in what you WANT to do.