Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Code:
             Life              Good Life             Bad Video Game           Good Video Game
    you do your job         you do your job            you play it               you play it
    you hate your job       you enjoy your job      it feels like a job           you enjoy it
    you get paycheck        you get paycheck        you get reward               you get reward
    you die unhappy           you die happy             you quit it         you throw money at the monitor
    This is genius and I thank you for having made my not all-together bad life a little better. Now to read the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Well, if you only gear via dailies, then I guess you are right. Since I do most my gearing from raiding, I never really had that issue. /shrug.

I can see the issue for people who don't raid though.
    Actually it's the same thing for people who raid. I got a belt from boss A and it's better than what's affored to me from honored at the daily faction I've been working on. Well shit now I don't need that belt, guess I have to farm to revered. The better design would be to allow you to pick any reward you want at any level and each level you just get a new reward. That way you can really plan shit out. Take the "requirement" out of the process and just make the faction level a reward in and of itself. You hit honored you get one piece your pick. You hit revered you get one piece your pick. You hit exalted same thing. That's real choice. In an expansion about choice.

yeah dailies should provide story and fluffy stuff like tabards/transmog/mounts/pets thats why most people like doing dailies for reputations not fcking epics
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Actually it's the same thing for people who raid. I got a belt from boss A and it's better than what's affored to me from honored at the daily faction I've been working on. Well shit now I don't need that belt, guess I have to farm to revered. The better design would be to allow you to pick any reward you want at any level and each level you just get a new reward. That way you can really plan shit out. Take the "requirement" out of the process and just make the faction level a reward in and of itself. You hit honored you get one piece your pick. You hit revered you get one piece your pick. You hit exalted same thing. That's real choice. In an expansion about choice.
    That is a helluva good idea. Got my vote

I'm honestly surprised they haven't brought back rep tabards for the whining babies yet.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    That is a helluva good idea. Got my vote
    Thanks. I'm sure someone will steal it and tell Blizzard and then I'll get no due credit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    They still are. I still have to do 45 dailies a week per character for elder charms. Its pretty annoying.
    Well, if you want a chance at bonus loot, you would be required to do something. Otherwise they'd just have it so you have a bonus chance on any boss of your choice that's only useable once a week. In which case I do see something like that happening at the end of this expansion as they go towards a new system for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    It's sad. Being too lazy to get VP gear doesn't stop you from progressing. I managed to get almost 480ilvl for next patch without rep gear on my alt.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't brought back rep tabards for the whining babies yet.
    Tabards would be the sane and rational thing to do but I guess us "crying babies" haven't cried enough. Maybe If i crap my pants I can do it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL so good. So fucking good. Oh that's so rich. Feels warm like a hot cocoa on a snow day or your first shot of bourbon. This calls for some steelie dan and a victory drink.

Now of course the apologists will simple move their positions to agree with Blizzard instead of being mad and fired up as hell that Blizzard abandoned it's vision about dailies. Quick question do the dailies still have gear? Or what's going on with them? They said it feels less mandatory. Does it actually or is that just horse shit? I wanted to resub and the patch comes out soon I think.
    Dailies are essentially back to worthless in 5.2 but they've just moved the second gate to LFR, which if they really parcel out every "couple" weeks will mean people may very well run out of valor gear worth buying before they open the new items at the next level of faction.

Not to mention that it's random whether you will actually need the items in the order they open, which of course, everyone won't.

Tabards would be the sane and rational thing to do but I guess us "crying babies" haven't cried enough. Maybe If i crap my pants I can do it.
    You've pretty much shown you've crapped your pants already from all the whining.
    Rep tabards are not a good way to go. Having multiple ways of getting rep is a good design, which Blizzard are now doing for 5.2. Such as the farm work orders, or the rep items that rares drop in 5.2.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Really sick of seeing this argument. The fact is, if you don't do dailies to unlock valor gear, you get gear locked and your character progression comes to a grinding halt.

Let's take dungeons for example. The highest ilvl you can obtain off dungeons is 463. Then, you're left to grind LFR MSV for *months* (unless the rng gods just lay a golden brick on you) to reach 470 to queue for the remaining LFR raids.

So, as a result, you're looking at grinding for PvP gear and/or spending 20-35k (sever prices may vary) for BoE pieces to fill in the slots you need as just acquiring the Sha boots and Klaxxi neck aren't going to cut it.

Blizzard acknowledged this because the gear bottleneck must be an obvious eyesore from their overall player participation data.
    It's only a problem for people that don't do real raids with a real raiding guild. In which case, character progression isn't nearly as important as some thing it to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Dailies are essentially back to worthless in 5.2 but they've just moved the second gate to LFR, which if they really parcel out every "couple" weeks will mean people may very well run out of valor gear worth buying before they open the new items at the next level of faction.

Not to mention that it's random whether you will actually need the items in the order they open, which of course, everyone won't.
    Yea that was a problem with the daily valor items to. They really ought to just give you a reward of your pick every rep level and not limit what you can buy. LIke if theirs a set loot table for that particular faction just let people buy whichever item they want at honored and then no more till revered and then no more till exalted.

Dailies being worthless is good. I'll have to see how the second gate in lfr works. I guess with the new rep in dungeon faction thign I'll have an excuse to run dungeons again. Maybe it's time to get the band back together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    People stop bitching already. The quote in the OP speaks for itself. Get over it. OMG, the greifers on MMO-C were right about something! Quick, somebody refute them in the face of Blizzard's own admission before our worldview crumbles!!!
    Yes this is exactly the problem. People are splitting hairs and getting out their dictinaries in a sad attempt to not look foolish.

For months people reposted Blizzards daily doctrine "it is not mandatory, just don't do them". While people like me predicted that this wont last long, that they will change the system in place. And now they are doing it. You wanna know why I knew that? Because at the end of Cataclysm Blizzard themselves said that dailies aren't that much fun and that doing them took too much time.
    The reason why they still went ahead and made dailies more important than ever in this expansion was because they wanted to slow players down and avoid an early exodus. Question remains if they were successful or if it backfired.

And now to you trolls and fanboys. You were wrong all along, the new system has flaws and Blizzard admits it. You can go ahead and keep your dictionary open and grasp at definitions. But the fact remains that you lost and you can't deal with it.

Nothing in this game was ever mandatory. But in the past they always changed systems because they felt that they were too rewarding and it pushed players into one direction. In wotlk it was tabards and I never heard anyone cry about them (especially since there were enough dailies out there). And this and they fully well knew it would backfire.

15+ Year Old Account
    When time is a factor, it just turns into a silly idea. Hitting exalted to get that super-high ilvl item like a ring or something is something you should grind for, certain reps give certain items. The real choice is deciding on which rep you would want to do, as it's always has been. If these items were purchased with gold, there would be little to no complaints, but the fact that we waste VP on them, they just blow it way out of proportion. Be smart, choose what to use your VP on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You've pretty much shown you've crapped your pants already from all the whining.
    Rep tabards are not a good way to go. Having multiple ways of getting rep is a good design, which Blizzard are now doing for 5.2. Such as the farm work orders, or the rep items that rares drop in 5.2.
    Rep tabards are an excellent way to go if you accept the idea that going slow is stupid. Actually I'm all for multiple ways of rep. Including tabards. I don't see why tabards have to preclude other ways of getting rep. If you like going slow and doing shitty dailies do them. I wouldn't deny you the crappy experience of daily quests, why do you feel it's necessary to deny me tabards?

Out of curiosity, why do people defend Blizzard's horrible systems, even after Blizzard acknowledges they messed up?

People should not be forced into something they don't want to do, which amounts to a huge time sink, to do what they want to do. Such as PvP to get the appropriate ilvl to progress in PvE. Why would anyone want those who don't want to/know how to PvP spamming bgs? They won't particularly learn about PvP, they simply won't enjoy themselves and will subsequently make winning the bg harder for those with them.

Likewise, why should players have to grind months for the next tier of raid finder?

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    When time is a factor, it just turns into a silly idea. Hitting exalted to get that super-high ilvl item like a ring or something is something you should grind for, certain reps give certain items. The real choice is deciding on which rep you would [i]want]/i] to do, as it's always has been. If these items were purchased with gold, there would be little to no complaints, but the fact that we waste VP on them, they just blow it way out of proportion. Be smart, choose what to use your VP on.
    The valor really was the crux of it I think. If it was just gold I wouldn't care. If it was just gold and I could spend my valor on something as decent without feeling compelled to have to run dailies for the gear. Actually that would have provided people with ALOT to do. You have valor for gear and dailies so you can go ahead and do whatever the fuck you like as opposed to do dailies. It's basically double gating, which I guess continues in 5.2. Somebody got it in their head at Blizzard that double gating was this amazing idea when it's really just earning the privelege to spend the points you earn.

Having said that I don't see why they can't fart around and change the existing rep gear model. Don't really see why choice can't be offered for each rep level. It's a real old and stale design and it could use some dressing up. You can make the ilvl of each piece scale with the reps. So if you buy a piece at honored let's say itll be 490 lets say and itl be a piece you need. Then you can pick another piece at revered at 515 and then at exalted same thing.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do people defend Blizzard's horrible systems, even after Blizzard acknowledges they messed up?

People should not be forced into something they don't want to do, which amounts to a huge time sink, to do what they want to do. Such as PvP to get the appropriate ilvl to progress in PvE. Why would anyone want those who don't want to/know how to PvP spamming bgs? They won't particularly learn about PvP, they simply won't enjoy themselves and will subsequently make winning the bg harder for those with them.

Likewise, why should players have to grind months for the next tier of raid finder?
    You wonder some times. Luckiest company in the universe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rep tabards are an excellent way to go if you accept the idea that going slow is stupid. Actually I'm all for multiple ways of rep. Including tabards. I don't see why tabards have to preclude other ways of getting rep. If you like going slow and doing shitty dailies do them. I wouldn't deny you the crappy experience of daily quests, why do you feel it's necessary to deny me tabards?
    If we had rep tabards in MoP. We would have everything exalted and not enough VP to spend on things, thus taking the same amount of time to get the rewards offered. 1k valor cap per week, about 15k worth of valor needed to buy everything. Still would take around the same time of getting those rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    No one is defending anything, it's a forum we're having a discussion and sharing our opinions on the matter at hand.

If that's the case, again, simply solving the rep problem does not solve a thing, because you still need to grind months to get enough VP to buy anything to inch your ilvl up. Make those epics buyable with gold, then we'll be back to complaining that gear is too easy to get like Wrath and Cata.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2013-03-01 at 09:48 PM.

I'll be okay with them adding rep tabards if they put a limit on how much rep you can get from them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Likewise, why should players have to grind months for the next tier of raid finder? Particularly when it's already a poorly set up system where it's entirely possible you could see no loot, or be frequently spammed with the same item week after week. Whether you think less of raid finder players or not, the system is supposed to be there for character/gear progression.

Edit: Wow, laptop skitzed out when cat jumped on it, seems to have posted once while I was still typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'll be okay with them adding rep tabards if they put a limit on how much rep you can get from them.
    Agreed. No more than 100k rep per faction per week seems fair.
    Last edited by Ryve; 2013-03-01 at 09:48 PM.