Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Actually he was talking to someone else and I just took it further, and not all players, just the cry babies, trade trolls and people who can't be bothered to learn their classes and roles, so about 74% of the players.
    What does anything you're saying have to do with daily quests? Nothing.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    They "felt" mandatory isn't the same as them being mandatory.
    Please refer to my comment #246 in this thread because I'm sick of telling people why they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What if players suddenly started to claim that PvP is mandatory? Are they going to remove that from the game too?
    Actually, that's pretty much what they did in MoP, at least for me. The change to PvP gear stats -- to make PvP gear feel not needed for PvE, and vice versa! -- has made casual PvP gearing mostly pointless.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

There needs to be a mix. There's too many good rewards locked behind long and drawn out daily quest reps. And then when you finally reach the reputation you need excessive valor as well.

Rep / gold. Same as cata. The rep is already slowed.. so allowing the item to be purchasable with gold is absolutely fine.

If you dinged 90, you can either do dailies and get gear with it or you can follow the same slow path everyone took.
    God forbid that getting all epic-gear is taking any effort -_-' People can't seem to handle that nowadays.
    The problem is the slow path..... only some took. Not everyone. Some gimped their progression, some quit. People have lives. By 'effort' you mean time by the way. All of those things I listed are extremely grindy and not fun, just time consuming. It's not a measure of game skill either. It's an arbitrary barrier Blizzard has put up to force people to log in every single day, completely screwing anyone who wants to casually enjoy the game. I just want to run HoF LFR but I need 470 IL. Those things I listed are what I have to do if I want to do that in the game as a casual player.

In my mind, not worth it. This is why people are quitting and they are changing their stance.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Actually, functionally, they are pretty much the same. If something feels necessary, then not doing it will damage the satisfaction you have in playing the game, which is all the game is really about.
    That was a good way to put it and I'm quoting for emphasis.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-03-02 at 11:16 PM.

Simple. If I didn't wanted to do dailies, the only gear I would have gotten is 463s from heroics. I won't have the rep to get access to rep gear.

As a result I have access to only 2 LFRs and that too won't allow me to go to the 470LFRs.

You need other sources of purple gear. Valentines's necklace helped me a lot in getting reaching my current 467. But it's still not enough to run 470 LFRs.

There has to be progression. Waiting 2 runs per week and for events is NOT progression. We'll have to start raiding again. *gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    My only option is to farm 300 heroic dungeons to gather enough JP to bring my ilevel to 470 through item upgrades at 1500 JP a pop so I can enter HoF and Terrace LFR.
    Mby you actually try playing the game, because after seeing posts like this I highly doubt u have played in MoP.
    300 HCs would give u 50400~ JP while 1 char max need 21000.
    21k is 30-40 hours and u should have enough money to buy darkmoon trinket (4k-9k on my server) around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Actually, functionally, they are pretty much the same. If something feels necessary, then not doing it will damage the satisfaction you have in playing the game, which is all the game is really about.
    Brilliant. Thank you. You can make an argument that technically nothing is required in this game but how good is that? The whole argument about technical requirement and not is so stupid. Like technically the only thing required about warcraft is the sub and computer requirements on the back. that's all that you need. Everything else is up to choice. But if the choice isn't good. If the choice is really a non choice. Then yes the path to gearing starts to feel very required and becomes functionally no different then I need to upgrade my pc to play this game or pay 15 a month to pay it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 02:39 AM ----------

You can get better gear by doing raids and dungeons.

Simple false. I can't get better gear in dungeons. Dungeons aren't rewarding enough in that sense. Saying dailies are alternative path is true but misleading. They are currently THE BETTER PATH (and ergo the FORCED path)because the other remaining paths are far to RNG dependent.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-03 at 02:40 AM.

And they still follow that opinion, nothing changed.

Dailies are not mandatory at all.
    The sad part is that Blizzard thought they could educate the dumb masses.
    They actually believed they could teach people that optional stuff is optional.
    But the QQ'ers ignored that and kept crying the same phrase over and over "I AM FORCED TO DO DAILIES!".

That's why they said this, which comes down to: "Dailies are not forced, but whiners feel forced."

Why are people wrong? You were never forced to do dailies.
    They simply catered to the QQ because people aren't intelligent enough to understand what optional means.
    Spoken by someone who has apparently never played the game.

If Blizzard thought these garbage dailies called "content" they would not gate stories behind dailies, nor would they attach charms to dailies for raiding. Seriously how much sense does it make to attach them to dailies? One has nothing to do with the other. Apparently, if it weren't for charms no one would give a shit about dailies. So there lies the rub.

The biggest problem of all is that they keep producing dailies for a MMO. If it takes longer to do dailies in a group than solo you've failed as a designer.
    Last edited by ihyln; 2013-03-03 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad they "acknowledge" this because it isn't true. They aren't mandatory at all. You don't need to spend the VP or JP and there are ways to unlocking some factions rep item without doing dailies.
    Oh, really? Man I must have missed this. How did you get your reputations up with out doing the dailies? Please, enlighten me.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I grinded the hell out of those miserable, life sapping dailies until I reached exaulted with them all, result? 1500+ charms that have lasted me until 5.2, and then it starts all ......over.........again

Cannot

Wait

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Oh, really? Man I must have missed this. How did you get your reputations up with out doing the dailies? Please, enlighten me.
    Well, there are those chests which award reputation (do they? I purged that horible grind out of my memory). Too bad they're only available after revered Golden Lotus when you *no longer need them*... I seriously wonder who had this brilliant idea of gating them as well.

The dailies aren't forced in a strict sense, but they are in a beneficial sense.

I feel dailies should be completely optional in the sense that they have no effect on obtaining gear.

Just provide mounts, pets, cosmetics, titles, achievements, etc. with the main focus being on gold income.

Dailies feel like a job, and when I do them I feel like i'm wasting time, when I could be doing something I actually enjoy doing. However since dailies benefit raiding gear I can't just stick straight with raiding. I gotta take time out to do dailies.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-03-03 at 06:09 AM.

Only some people took that slow path because some people still had it stuck in their heads that they "need to do everything fast!".

In the end most people want to improve their character by obtaining better gear.
    You can get better gear by doing raids and dungeons.
    For some reason we got an alternative path of gearing: Dailies.

What people forget is that it's an alternative path of gearing.
    All some folks here is that it's a path and they think they need to do each of those because they want 'BiS' as soon as possible.

If you want 470 to do HoF, I have one advice for you:
    -Ding 90
    -Do dungeons and buy some gear.
    -Farm through MSV and the Sha.
    -Obtain 470 and enjoy yourself.

I did it and I casually enjoyed the game.
    Never did any of the 5.0 dailies, never bought an epic and I didn't raid normals.
    So...what that translates into is:
    -Ding 90
    -Do dungeons for weeks on end, hoping someone doesnt take the gear you desperately need becasue they want a shard, or buy some gear...hopefully not with money you'd make from crafting professions, since you are skipping rep, you aint making anything worth having....
    -Farm through MSV and Sha and pray the rng gods like you
    -after reaching 470, months behind everyone else, start queing for HoF just in time for the next patch

I did it and got rediculously lucky and expect everyone else to have that exact same experience

*fixed for ya
    Last edited by Ehrenpanzer; 2013-03-03 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Mby you actually try playing the game, because after seeing posts like this I highly doubt u have played in MoP.
    300 HCs would give u 50400~ JP while 1 char max need 21000.
    21k is 30-40 hours and u should have enough money to buy darkmoon trinket (4k-9k on my server) around that time.
    I think you are vastly underestimating the amount of time it would take to gear your character in this way. If we take you figures of 50K JP needing roughly 300 Heroic runs then 21000 JP will take around 125 runs. Unless you are a tank or a healer you will spend roughly 10-15 minutes waiting in the queue this alone will amount to 20-30 hours of game time spent queuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    -Ding 90
    -Do dungeons for weeks on end, hoping someone doesnt take the gear you desperately need becasue they want a shard, or buy some gear...hopefully not with money you'd make from crafting professions, since you are skipping rep, you aint making anything worth having....
    -after reaching 470, months behind everyone else, start queing for HoF just in time for the next patch

I did it and got rediculously lucky and expect everyone else to have that exact same experience

*fixed for ya
    That's exactly what they want you to do and exactly why these clowns don't recognize how compelling the reward from these daily quests are. They took the method for combating rng that people LOVED and put it behind dailies and then some how have the nerve to tell people it's optional.

Dailies intended to be content for those players, who have not enough to do ingame. I.e. if you're workless, can play 24/7, have already completed your raids, have no extra things to do like PVP, leveling alts and etc. - then there should be extra content for you. So this must be "least priority" content: you should switch to it ONLY if you have nothing else to do. But... You know... The fact that progression meanful rewards are locked behind daily grind makes me think, that dailies are not working as intended. Why? Guarantied progression-related reward just turn dailies into top priority content. And it's just wrong. If I have just a few hours a day to play, if I'm at progression stage of tier, if I have enough things to do ingame - I have several alts for example, then I souldn't even think about this dailies. The fact, that dailies became part of progression - is just a bad design. And it should be fixed as fast as possible.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

That's what I don't understand. Why wasn't daily content extra shit to do before they put all these rewards behind them? What happened? Dailies have been in this godamn game since TBC and it hasn't a been a cure for your extra shit to do since then so what's up?

Doing dailies is fine, but I agree they shouldn't have tied valor gear to it. Past factions had just a few "extra" epics in their inventory you could buy with gold. That worked splendidly imo.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    -Ding 90

*fixed for ya
    Welcome to what raiding was back in Vanilla and BC, farming content for ages with no guarantee of an upgrade for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Remove rewards from PvP, would people still PvP?
    Remove rewards from Dungeons, would people still do Dungeons?
    Remove rewards from Raids, would people still do Raids?
    Remove rewards from Dailies, would people sti....