Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
22
30
31
32
  1. #621
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    This issue is so overblown it's ridiculous. Now that a new tier is out, now that the expansion's been out for a few months, the dailies "issue" shouldn't even be an issue anymore.
    Especially now that the developers have back pedaled and effectively admitted how shitty and forced the dailies were so much so that the current dailies and rep faction thingie is all server wide and I never have to touch a single fucking daily but still get reward like it should be. I'd love to let it go but some others simple can't admit that dailies are indeed forced content. Even when the developers do.

  2. #622
    Hilarious. The entire game is a grind, each and every option. The only issue is how long the grind takes to satisfy what you are grinding for.

    If you only do dungeons, gonna take a long time to get to LFR1. If you only do LFR1 to get LFR2, long time once more.

    But when you combine the various options, it goes faster. Reward for investment.

    If you do not like grinds, you are screwed as far as the MMO space is concerned. WoW has alot of grinds (worst was dailies, I agree), but better than previous expanions, and WAY better than your options.

    And as for tabards - all they did was allow you to choose how to advance each rep, it still required just as much time.

  3. #623
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Dailies where forced! There is nothing to it....... if people want to echo what blizzard is saying and defending that till the end... well that is up to them.

    'It does' vs 'it doesn't' doesn't make a compelling discussion!

    Leveling is not mandatory.
    It is the only path to reach level 90.
    Equipping new-found gear isn't mandatory.
    De fuck? No, it's not.. But why wouldn't you click your mouse to equip better gear?
    leveling professions isn't mandatory.
    Which is exactly why a lot of people don't level professions.
    gemming/enchanting isn't mandatory.
    Which is why many people don't enchant everything.
    Putting points in talents isn't mandatory.
    Yes, it is. It's the only way to get specific abilities.

    Yeaaah, I am just going to stop this.
    You really don't get the point.
    For people the goal of dailies is to get better gear.
    We have different paths to get better gear.
    So if people dislike dailies, they can take another path.

    If you think that "using mounts isn't mandatory" has anything to do with that, then.. let's just drop it before I get infracted >.>

    Now that I come to think of it, NOTHING is really mandatory.
    WOOOOOSH, that's the sound of the point going over your head.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Especially now that the developers have back pedaled and effectively admitted how shitty and forced the dailies were so much so that the current dailies and rep faction thingie is all server wide and I never have to touch a single fucking daily but still get reward like it should be. I'd love to let it go but some others simple can't admit that dailies are indeed forced content. Even when the developers do.
    "Mists of Pandaria set out to provide lots of things for you to do, but daily quests ended up feeling more mandatory than they wanted. The Patch 5.2 daily quests feel less mandatory."

  4. #624
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "Mists of Pandaria set out to provide lots of things for you to do, but daily quests ended up feeling more mandatory than they wanted. The Patch 5.2 daily quests feel less mandatory."
    Yes I can read thank you. Really in the end I don't care what their PR speak says. I mean you can swallow that tripe to save your fucking ego because well YOU LOST the debate but that's your perogative. That's your CHOICE. The fact is that I never have to touch a SINGLE FUCKING DAILY in 5.2 and I still get access to the vendors behind it whenever us-arthas gets it's shit together and does the work for me. That's a REAL choice btw because not doing dailies I don't lose out on a single fucking progression thing.

  5. #625
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Yes I can read thank you. Really in the end I don't care what their PR speak says. I mean you can swallow that tripe to save your fucking ego because well YOU LOST the debate but that's your perogative. That's your CHOICE. The fact is that I never have to touch a SINGLE FUCKING DAILY in 5.2 and I still get access to the vendors behind it whenever us-arthas gets it's shit together and does the work for me. That's a REAL choice btw because not doing dailies I don't lose out on a single fucking progression thing.
    Yes, luckily we do things like that now.
    Because in 5.0 it was IMPOSSIBLE to gear your character without doing dailies :')

    But hey, calm down on the swearing.. We don't want you to get a stroke or anything

  6. #626
    *shrug* 493 iLvl, still honored with Klaxxi Shado Pan Goldden Lotus....

    Dailies aren't mandatory. I'm saying it because I *didn't* do them.
    While Diogenes was relaxing in the sunlight in the morning, Alexander, thrilled to meet the famous philosopher, asked if there was any favour he might do for him. Diogenes replied, "Yes, stand out of my sunlight". Alexander then declared, "If I were not Alexander, then I should wish to be Diogenes", to which Diogenes replied, "If I were not Diogenes, I should also wish to be Diogenes."

  7. #627
    Perhaps Blizzard needed to learn the difference between content that compels you to do it, vs. content that compels you to stay subscribed.

    Make things grindy/annoying enough and a line gets crossed. The player ends up saying "I'd be better off if I just stopped doing any of this" and walks away.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  8. #628
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It is the only path to reach level 90.
    De fuck? No, it's not.. But why wouldn't you click your mouse to equip better gear?
    Which is exactly why a lot of people don't level professions.
    Which is why many people don't enchant everything.
    Yes, it is. It's the only way to get specific abilities.

    Yeaaah, I am just going to stop this.
    You really don't get the point.
    For people the goal of dailies is to get better gear.
    We have different paths to get better gear.
    So if people dislike dailies, they can take another path.

    If you think that "using mounts isn't mandatory" has anything to do with that, then.. let's just drop it before I get infracted >.>

    WOOOOOSH, that's the sound of the point going over your head.



    "Mists of Pandaria set out to provide lots of things for you to do, but daily quests ended up feeling more mandatory than they wanted. The Patch 5.2 daily quests feel less mandatory."
    I really think you didn't get the point of my post........
    Otherwise you wouldn't have responded in the way you did.

  9. #629
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    18,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Perhaps Blizzard needed to learn the difference between content that compels you to do it, vs. content that compels you to stay subscribed.

    Make things grindy/annoying enough and a line gets crossed. The player ends up saying "I'd be better off if I just stopped doing any of this" and walks away.
    This one speaks with much wisdom. While I can understand the "time sink" model from a business perspective, from the end of the consumer it feels as though I am paying the same for less enjoyable content.

    I could buy a whole extra pizza a month with that money!....Stupid sales tax. -.-
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  10. #630
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Perhaps Blizzard needed to learn the difference between content that compels you to do it, vs. content that compels you to stay subscribed.

    Make things grindy/annoying enough and a line gets crossed. The player ends up saying "I'd be better off if I just stopped doing any of this" and walks away.
    I've been saying it since day 1. Their is a difference (although a small one) between bored because you've exhausted the content you liked to do and get rewarded for and being bored because you don't like the content offered to you and it isn't rewarding enough. In the first case (cataclysm) it took me several months to get bored and I was subbed for at least 5 or 6 consecutive months and overall subbed to like 80% of that expansions life cycle. In mists I've subbed for 2 months of this expansion and not consecutively. In the former case I had a blast. In the latter case I was bored as hell throughout the entire fucking thing.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 09:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, luckily we do things like that now.
    Because in 5.0 it was IMPOSSIBLE to gear your character without doing dailies :')

    But hey, calm down on the swearing.. We don't want you to get a stroke or anything
    Again with the histrionics. I never said it was impossible. Just like it's not impossible to not pay your taxes. It's very easy to not do dailies, and it's very easy to not pay taxes. The consequences are shitty though. In the case of taxes the alternative to paying them is jail and an audit and all kinds of bullshit. In the case of dailies the alternatives also likewise suck and suck by design. Otherwise dailies would cease to be "compelling".

    In the end playing the game became the shitty alternative to not playing the game. So I was "compelled" to stop playing.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-06 at 09:48 PM.

  11. #631
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're shitting me right? Epics on the AH are 3k tops.
    The price depends the sever on mine the most cheap epic is a cloth item for 8k and it has been that way since the start.

    but I love how you think your AH price's are the price's on every server.

    Like he said even blizzard has admitted to dailys feeling forced therefor anything you say dose not matter. Blizzard admits there is a problem but feel free to blindly disagree with the makers of the game and the huge amount of the player base saying different then you.


    Blizzard has admitted dailys felt mandatory case closed nothing else said matters.

    /End Thread.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  12. #632
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Again with the histrionics. I never said it was impossible. Just like it's not impossible to not pay your taxes. It's very easy to not do dailies, and it's very easy to not pay taxes. The consequences are shitty though. In the case of taxes the alternative to paying them is jail and an audit and all kinds of bullshit. In the case of dailies the alternatives also likewise suck and suck by design. Otherwise dailies would cease to be "compelling".

    In the end playing the game became the shitty alternative to not playing the game. So I was "compelled" to stop playing.
    But what are the consequences of not doing dailies?
    I have gone weeks without drops.
    I have made 20 kills and used 5 coins on the boss that dropped my weapon.
    I've had items drop that I already own around 8 times.

    And still I am only 6 iLVL lower than a friend who did all the dailies and was full-epic a month ago.
    So no, I have to disagree that the "consequences are shitty".

    You'll learn that too as soon as people stop with this "if not the best, than it's shitty"-attitude.

  13. #633
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    On my main, I do everything I can - dailies, LFR, rep grinding (stopped raiding proper 'cos it's no fun anymore).

    Finally have a couple of alts to 90, can I arsed doing dailies on them?

    Of course fucking not - my tank alt has it easy and is already in TOES LFR, but tanks have tiny queues so there you go.

    It just feels that Blizzard is milking every single last second they can out of people, and then this meatshield of the community is like a rottweiler slobbering and barking at anyone who dares to question Blizzard.

  14. #634
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But what are the consequences of not doing dailies?
    I have gone weeks without drops.
    I have made 20 kills and used 5 coins on the boss that dropped my weapon.
    I've had items drop that I already own around 8 times.

    And still I am only 6 iLVL lower than a friend who did all the dailies and was full-epic a month ago.
    So no, I have to disagree that the "consequences are shitty".

    You'll learn that too as soon as people stop with this "if not the best, than it's shitty"-attitude.
    Going slow is a consequence.
    Getting less reward out of the game is a consequence.
    Being subject to atrocious RNG as your source of reward is a consequence.
    One less avenue to spend your valor is a consequence
    No charms is a consequence.

    That's a short list of the shitty consequences for not doing dailies. It took me 30 seconds to figure that out. I;m sure if I thought about it I could come up with more. The key ones are going slow sucks and being subject to shitty rng. If dungeons or some other form of content circumvented those two consequences than dailies wouldn't feel forced and as a corollary they'd stop being "compelling" because in reality the two terms are interchangeable.

  15. #635
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    The dinosaur island is a perfect example - the grind required for a few mounts and pets is nuts, yeah you do not have to do them but many will spend hours and days blindly harvesting dinosaur bones... and you scoff at the casuals!

  16. #636
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    The dinosaur island is a perfect example - the grind required for a few mounts and pets is nuts, yeah you do not have to do them but many will spend hours and days blindly harvesting dinosaur bones... and you scoff at the casuals!
    I'm okay with pets and mounts for that kind of thing. Go nuts. I'm all for it. The alternatives to not doing the dinosaur island is to not get the mounts and pets. Whoopdie doo. Of course you'll see less people doing it because without gear it isn't forced or compelling (interchangable) because the alternative to getting mounts and pets is not getting mounts and pets but that's fine.

  17. #637
    I've stopped doing dailies a long time ago. When I need money I just buy it from some website, since there is no way to obtain it ingame that doesn't involve forcing myself to spend a lot of time in the parts of the game that I despise.

    As a result I play wow as nothing more than a casual game where I sometimes launch it, play some BGs or go grief some of the mindless zombies who dutifully grind the daily quests, and I log off as soon as it gets boring.
    Basically I completely avoid all of the increasingly transparent attempts to leverage the sunk cost fallacy to make me feel like I'm wasting my past time investment in the game if I don't keep playing every day and even every week.

    As a result I don't play wow as much as most people, but I enjoy all of the time I spend playing it.

  18. #638
    Daylies and the factions reps unlocked by doing daylies + coins where simply a good way to have an alternative path to get a more powerfull character.
    I think its ok to grind for vanity items like pets and mounts. But having to grind to increase the power of your chracter isn't very fun. Then it becomes more a question of time you are willing to waste opposite having the skill and the team to get items that can make your character more powerful.
    So in the end you would have to sit go raiding and do lfr and do daylies if you wanted to have the best chances to increases the power of your character. That ends up being a lot of time wasted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •