Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    I told you downlevelling was the next feature here 2 months ago:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...leaked-feature
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...onna-be-(poll)

but you all laughed at me and ignored me.

i just wanted to let you all know that you were wrong, and i was right.
    So far we don't even know what the new feature is. So what exactly is your point?

a complete restyling of the world, with heavy usage of phasing + scenarios and the isle of thunder system with server wide effort, we bring the world updated with the current timeline, every new xpack the world keep changing following the events no more alternate timeline like current outland and nortrend
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    It says NEW content. Not old scaled/revamped/whatever.
    Scaled will be new for a large portion of the players.... players that joined during Wrath or Cata or even MoP never got to experience all the old raids.... so scaling them will be new content for a lot of people....

Anyway, I'm really expecting that it'll be something that is directly derived from what we see in challenge dungeons now, perhaps combined with scenarioesque stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    a complete restyling of the world, with heavy usage of phasing + scenarios and the isle of thunder system with server wide effort, we bring the world updated with the current timeline, every new xpack the world keep changing following the events no more alternate timeline like current outland and nortrend
    Cata took them about 3 years. You're asking for that kind of investment for every single expansion. That's just not feasible.

10+ Year Old Account
    That last "Hint" about players asking to do old content is pretty disappointing. There are a huge number of solo'ers out there, and having old dungeons/raids scale up will kinda kill that if there isn't some kinda opt out. Solo'ers are prolly as large a group as really hardcore raiders, so it seems like an odd choice to make. I mean who would rather go on a Molten Core raid @ 90 when you can solo it instead? It seems like it would only appeal to a dwindling population of hardcore raiders, who prolly would rather have new raids instead of going back through old raid bosses with inflated HP/Damage #'s, at the expense of alienating a growing population of solo'ers.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

I would be disappointed at old world scaling. I understand some people have the rose tinted glasses about how great vanilla raids were, but really, a lot of the difficulty from them came from bad class designs, needing 40 people to cooperate, etc. If they just scale things up the raids will still be easy, they'll just require a raid group paying attention to do them. I don't think they'll be any harder than lfrs. If they make new mechanics to spice them up, that would be a waste of resources imo.

If it is scaling of old content, they'd best leave a way to opt out as suggested above because I think if it disabled soloing it would disenfranchise more than it would encourage old world content.

Account Wide Tabards! Gief!

I am certain they have rehashed dragon soul so we can enjoy another year doing it and will introduce RMAH since it was such a success on Diablo III.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    I sincerely hope not.

The worst thing they did in Cataclysm, in my opinion, is the 'updating' of old content. The quests were good - far better than the originals - but the updating of the timeline is extremely disappointing to me. WoW is a story, and it begins at level 1. All that content through classic is the chronological beginning of that story, and as the player continues to level, the timeline moves forward. This isn't the most elegant answer, being that this is a persistent world, but the fact that it was a consistent answer allowed us to suspend disbelief. Now, that formula is shattered, but only slightly. We move from level 1-60 in the Cataclysm timeline, then go back in time to outland to participate in those events, and then forward to WotLK but with partial changes (making the adjustment all the more jarring.) I sincerely hope the bronze dragonflight can fix this break in the timeline.

My thoughts on possible game systems that could be coming -

Unlimited Spec Changes - No more dual spec. Characters can now change their specializations on the fly. Some would complain about this, but at this point it's the logical extension (to me) of where things have been going. Players would still specialize their characters, but now would do so solely by what gear sets they intend to keep with them.

Player Created Content - I see this happening eventually. Utilizing the scenario system, players can create their own 3 and 5-man content using an editor much like what is found in Star Trek Online's Foundry system. These player scenarios would be ranked by those who participate, with top ranking scenarios being reviewed by blizzard and, upon approval, offering rewards such as valor, reputation, and random gear drops.

I echo a lot of the other speculation here as well. It'll be very interesting to see what happens.

Anyone figure out what this is yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see either user generated content or random generated content being brought in as you explore the seas around Pandaria. You land on one of a number of islands, which are instanced to the random/user generated content, with the in-game explanation being that these are undiscovered ruins or what have you from when Pandaria split from the rest of kalimdor.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    The much desired feature of kicking belfs in the balls, throwing dwarves and punting gnomes.

More cowbell (on Taurens only - expanded to other races in 5.3)

Quote Originally Posted by proteen View Post
    More cowbell (on Taurens only - expanded to other races in 5.3)
    Given that the feature is supposed to come after 5.3, i presume you mean 6.3?

I think now it will be challenge modes to all 5-mans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    The debate is pretty much the standard mindset of the "Seers of MMO-Champion" that every life can be saved/preserved, no matter the person, scenario, legal ramifications, or anything that adds context to the argument otherwise. Even if posts like this or this show up, the Seers will barge right though, culminating all their knowledge of movies/tv/games/etc to create a 80 page epic that boils down to, "I thought of this, so they should of too!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's something fun...i don't see the point of "encouraging" people to do content...it should be fun enough that people want to do it themselves without any encouragement -.- The item rewards should just be a bonus to the fun not the whole reason for playing through things >.<

I hope its the ability to mail gold/items from one server to another. So account wide mail. I have an untouched char that has a decent amount of gold i'd love to steal...i mean mail to chars on my main server.

Deleted
    There is no unannounced feature! This just Blizzards tricks to get some new ideas for next expansion, they are out of ideas. Or its something with new unique 5-man pet battles, use your own pets with friends and kill huge bosses by teaming up with other pokemon players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I voiced this sentiment on the recent main page news thread. It's possible that, instead of mounts, pets, etc, they might have "tiers" of transmog-only sets for the old expansions, like they have now.

Though something like "naxxramas challenge mode" sounds... hellish...

Not really feeling this one.

Player housing was my other go-to thought. Or perhaps guild housing... less of a "everyone tucked away keeping to themselves," which Blizzard seems keen on avoiding.

Ghostcrawler says some people might be underwhelmed by it ("that's it?") so it's likely something not everyone is head over heels for whatever the concept is now... I know player housing, challenge modes, and maybe... pet battles, fit that bill.
    Last chaos a free to paly game had guild housing and I love that feature. wish they would make or something along the line of age of conan where you could build a guild castle and invade/take over other players castles... god it was fun.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Player Created Content - I see this happening eventually. Utilizing the scenario system, players can create their own 3 and 5-man content using an editor much like what is found in Star Trek Online's Foundry system. These player scenarios would be ranked by those who participate, with top ranking scenarios being reviewed by blizzard and, upon approval, offering rewards such as valor, reputation, and random gear drops.

I echo a lot of the other speculation here as well. It'll be very interesting to see what happens.

Player created content would be amazing! Even if they just gave us the tool and picked their favorite maps from users every month or something and added them to release. There would be so much potential and Blizzard is really solid at custom map making tools.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.