Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you think Monks got enough 5.2 buffs to increase their PVP representation?

Early on when RoP was completely bananas, a lot of people thought "oh good, monks will be playable in PVP now!"

But since RoP was nerfed down to reasonable levels, it kind of feels like a bait-and-switch to me. People not paying close attention will have heard that monks got a crazy OP new spell, etc....but not know that spell was nerfed down to regular-at-best levels.

So what will we end up with? Tiger's Lust and Chi Wave not costing chi is huge. Nimble Brew is great, and the new mastery is...slightly better for PVP. Does this all add up to enough though? I'm not sure SEF will have a meaningful impact in PVP.

Deleted
    I think it will improve our PvP situation, but I'm unsure if it will be enough. Pre ROP nerf, we looked very promising, not to mention desireable which is quite a big issue when it comes to good combinations/setups for both Arena and RBGs - people often prefer to take another class/spec than a Windwalker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    I think it will improve our PvP situation, but I'm unsure if it will be enough. Pre ROP nerf, we looked very promising, not to mention desireable which is quite a big issue when it comes to good combinations/setups for both Arena and RBGs - people often prefer to take another class/spec than a Windwalker.
    Pre ROP-nerf they looked like free rank 1 material. Post ROP-nerf they look extremely viable for anything in arenas and rbgs.

The only thing standing in the way of mop-representation in 5.2 will be monks themselfs not learning their own class to its full potential.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. They still have the same problems, and those might even be worse now. I am going to make a big post about it but not rn. But our main problem is reliability. Each time you use a monk spell it does not work the same the next time you use it. This is cc, our silence/interrupt, even our heals/damage.

WW rep might go up but they still will not be viable as other classes. I would not be surprised if mistweaver rep goes down.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I just hope the monk has enough unique setups that wouldn't be better filled with a rogue.

Perhaps DK/Warrior are in a similar position.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Pre ROP-nerf they looked like free rank 1 material. Post ROP-nerf they look extremely viable for anything in arenas and rbgs.

The only thing standing in the way of mop-representation in 5.2 will be monks themselfs not learning their own class to its full potential.
    I don't think so, but we will see soon

mistweavers will continue to be great in RBGs. We were great in 5.1, and we'll be better in 5.2 (paralysis/glyph changes, ROP, firstweaving changes, Soothing mist changes). RoP will depend upon enemy comp.

I did not not do much arena in 5.1 (split time between PVE progression & RBGs) but I'm going to try to spend more time pushing rating there in 5.2. I *wish* we have more anti-CC but that's my only complaint.

Deleted
    Mistweavers need numble brew too :|

with basically no increase to passive healing for MW and still a glaring weakness to CC I doubt they will be strong in 3v3.

How much damage increase are the WW buffs from 5.2 roughly?

If representation remains low, we will keep getting buffed incrementally til we get there. They seem intent on avoiding another DK debacle so all you can do is remain patient until they get it sorted out.
    Last edited by MachoSasquatcho; 2013-02-28 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    How much damage increase are the WW buffs from 5.2 roughly?
    none, really. If you thinking about mastery and brew, then it's a slight boost.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    If representation remains low, we will keep getting buffed incrementally til we get there. They seem intent on avoiding another DK debacle so all you can do is remain patient until they get it sorted out.
    I can see that they are trying to avoid some of their past mistakes....but that argument is based on a fallacy. They are being too cynical towards monks. I mean look at our glad rep to the other classes, I think they have succeed making the worst class there is.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Windwalkers were definitely not targeted correctly for Rated Battlegrounds. We've been awful at RBGs since launch and will continue to be awful in 5.2.

However, I do believe that Windwalkers will be competitive in Arena. In 5.1 our sustained damage is absurdly powerful. That, combined with Nimble Brew, Ring of Peace, real burst from new Mastery, and Root effects having a little bit less of an impact with no cost on ToK/TL/L30 talents will put Windwalkers in a very good spot for Arena.

Right now Windwalkers are worst against physical burst (Recklessness, Stampede, Incarnation, etc), but that will change dramatically with Ring of Peace. (And, I suppose, Dampen Harm becoming usable while Stunned.)
    Last edited by Ryanlol; 2013-03-01 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

I feel like Mistweavers will be fine in RBGs and 5s arena but not in 3s (unless you love staying in CC most of the game)

WW on the other hand (at least from what i faced on the PTR) have some amazing damage output plus good mobility. I can see them fit perfectly in melee cleaves, and i think they're in a better place than some other melee specs in 3s atm (Rets for example)

How do you guys feel about Brewmasters as flag carriers for RBGs?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamboatrock View Post
    Early on when RoP was completely bananas, a lot of people thought "oh good, monks will be playable in PVP now!"

But since RoP was nerfed down to reasonable levels, it kind of feels like a bait-and-switch to me. People not paying close attention will have heard that monks got a crazy OP new spell, etc....but not know that spell was nerfed down to regular-at-best levels.

So what will we end up with? Tiger's Lust and Chi Wave not costing chi is huge. Nimble Brew is great, and the new mastery is...slightly better for PVP. Does this all add up to enough though? I'm not sure SEF will have a meaningful impact in PVP.
    I think we had a good shot at being viable and then we got SHS nerfed and then some other changes that directly impacted our single target damage. I think WW will end up in about the same spot as a Ret Paladin is. We don't have a PvP niche right now but we also can't really say how RoP will play out. While it looks good on paper I think it's mediocre at best in reality.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 07:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cephqt View Post
    I feel like Mistweavers will be fine in RBGs and 5s arena but not in 3s (unless you love staying in CC most of the game)

WW on the other hand (at least from what i faced on the PTR) have some amazing damage output plus good mobility. I can see them fit perfectly in melee cleaves, and i think they're in a better place than some other melee specs in 3s atm (Rets for example)

Brewmasters have been perfectly viable as FC's in RBG's but the problem is " go with what the top rated players use " that is the common denominator when creating an RBG team. So everyone takes Druids or Warriors and very rarely anything else, As long as no one can think for themselves and will only use what the top players are using they are still going to be 3rd in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. We'll definitely be better, but we just don't seem to have anything other dps already have and do better at. I feel like they just need to scrap RoP and come up with something new. I am, of course, talking about WW, as I know next to nothing about MW. At least with the changes to ox wave and the addition of nimble brew we'll be able to wreck the shit out of people in duels. :P
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-03-01 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cephqt View Post
    Guardian>War>Brewmaster>DK>Pally

My guess is at the end of this season you will still have more rets then all monks combined.