Poll: Might Dalaran land there?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Personally, I'd love to see it set down in Theramore.

Why would they land in the Eastern Kingdoms at all? They are going after Orgrimmar...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Personally, I'd love to see it set down in Theramore.
    That's pretty much what I'd like to see myself. Hell, the crater's probably roughly the same size anyhow.

As Theramore was a strategic port near Orgrimmar and also has strong connections to Jaina, that is far more likely.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Does it even have to land?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    funnily enough theres been a couple of times a few years ago where on my mage i used to have i blinked while in dalaran and went thru the floor and just fell in blackness for aaaaaaages and then landed in the middle of westfall dead like ;p so yea why not.

also happened when i was in storm peaks once at the start area lol
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    also happened when i was in storm peaks once at the start area lol
    Obviously, Thorim is moving his BELOVED MOUNTAINS to Westfall.

15+ Year Old Account
    Third option is worded strangely. lol
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Third option is worded strangely. lol
    I was bored, and wanted to make the poll more interesting than Yes No Maybe. :P
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    1: Theramore. Largely reclaimed by the Alliance, the presence of Dalaran would be a good way to bolster the area and by putting in a straight swap, there'd be limited disruption to the area.

2: The Dalaran Crater. Dalarans business in Northrend is largely finished. But there is business to conduct at home. The Forsaken are on the March and they have attacked Dalaranian interests in the area. It may be time for the Kirin Tor to go home and safeguard the people and lands it left behind. If Sylvanas is to have a role in MoP, then this may be a way to bring the war to her and the Arathi Highlands are still waiting their update. Bringing the Worgen back to Gilneas woudl also help withe their story and their development a LOT.
    There's simply no reason for Dalaran to go to Westfall.

I like Talen's ideas^
    It could go back to it's crater in Hillsbrad, but I get the impression that the Forsaken War Machine has a pretty strong hold over those lands. Plus I imagine that when Trollbane returns, and we get the Arathi-Stormpike-Gilnean backlash there won't be a huge need for Dalaran.

Theramore would be an excellent idea, Alliance do need a southern city in Kalimdor, and it would be an ideal location to push towards Orgrimmar.

I don't like the idea of Dalaran always just floating around attacking wherever it pleases, it should take an immense amount of magic to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylaar View Post
    Does it even have to land?
    I like this. Maybe keeping the city mobile (if they have managed how to do it efficiently) is the most practical option. If you have the power to keep it on the air, why land it at all?

If Dalaran has to land, Dustwallow would be the best choice. Strategically, It would give a major foothold to the alliance on southern Kalimdor, it would booster morale and put some fear on the Horde.

Putting Dalaran back into its crater would be a waste unless the Alliance is serious about retaking Lordaeron. Personally I believe that they just should cut their losses and bottleneck Arathi and salvage Stormgarde, and retaking Gilneas; instead of wasting resources retaing a land that now is a spider breeding ground and mushroom farmland.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Tactically it would be better to return Dalaran back to where it was originally, behind Undercity. Darlaran mages still reside there holding a barrier. This would give the Alliance control over Hillsbrad. As well as a vantage point to Undercity.
    actually... considering the strength of the forsaken army, i don't think it'd be the best idea to put a city with in eyesight of the undercity... there's no way dalaran alone could hold off the forsaken.

putting the city in westfall would be weird... but awesome imo. i love westfall, and having more people there would be amazing.

Westfall is still kingdom of Stormwind/Azeroth (They never retconned the kingdom also being called Azeroth in WC1, did they?) territory, and I don't believe Dalaran, despite being Alliance affiliated, even became a vassal state to Stormwind. Pretty sure its still its own country/mageocrasy or whatever.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    instead of wasting resources retaing a land that now is a spider breeding ground and mushroom farmland.
    pretty sure the proper application of fire can fix that
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

for me they will place dalaran into azshara right in front orgrimmar gate, given the fact that the city is coming from north and also the nelfs/high elfs/worges are coming down from ashenvale, sealing out orgrimmar northen gate and the goblin bilgewater harbor is the right choice from a tactical pow. With the rest of the Alliance+ trolls, thrall and belf in durotar and the tauren sealing the west gate from the barrens.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    There's a quest that requires you to go there and kill some blob. I'm not sure if Westfall is the ideal place for a mage city. It would be close to Stormwind, but the surroundings don't really fit. And they said that while lorewise Dalarann is on the move, it's probably not gonna be reflected in the game.

why wouldn't they plant it back where it was? and use it as a new alliance capital and staging area for the fight against the forsaken? hell i'm sure the Gilneanas would appreciate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    why wouldn't they plant it back where it was? and use it as a new alliance capital and staging area for the fight against the forsaken? hell i'm sure the Gilneanas would appreciate it.
    I think it would be overrun very quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    (They never retconned the kingdom also being called Azeroth in WC1, did they?)
    Technically not, but it hasn't been refered to under that name since. Probably due to the whole confusion of calling a kingdom Azeroth, as well as the continent it exists on and the whole world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should go over Thunderbluff and all Independence Day laser nuke the plateaus and land right there. Mulgor has natural defenses and they get all you can eat beef.