Poll: Might Dalaran land there?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Westfall Crater: A possible landing place for Dalaran?

As far as I know, there is no quest related to the crater, and no mention of it in Westfall. It's just there.

Do you think it could be where Dalaran might eventually land?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a good possibility

Tactically it would be better to return Dalaran back to where it was originally, behind Undercity. Darlaran mages still reside there holding a barrier. This would give the Alliance control over Hillsbrad. As well as a vantage point to Undercity.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Well we will never see it happen in game so I don't see the point.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    As far as I know, there is no quest related to the crater, and no mention of it in Westfall. It's just there.

Do you think it could be where Dalaran might eventually land?
    I had thought - given the timing - that Dalaran would be heading off to Thunder Isle to tie in with the new patch.

That doesn't seem like it is happening.

Offhand, I'd suggest only two obvious possibilities

1: Theramore. Largely reclaimed by the Alliance, the presence of Dalaran would be a good way to bolster the area and by putting in a straight swap, there'd be limited disruption to the area.

2: The Dalaran Crater. Dalarans business in Northrend is largely finished. But there is business to conduct at home. The Forsaken are on the March and they have attacked Dalaranian interests in the area. It may be time for the Kirin Tor to go home and safeguard the people and lands it left behind. If Sylvanas is to have a role in MoP, then this may be a way to bring the war to her and the Arathi Highlands are still waiting their update. Bringing the Worgen back to Gilneas woudl also help withe their story and their development a LOT.

Other areas don't seem too likely. I said Arathi needed a revamp....Silithus does as well. There are Dalaranian intesrst in Nethergarde that are also under attack by Horde forces and Nethergarde may be a decent place for initial battle with the legion. Maybe Dalaran crater is too close to Capital City so having Dalaran hover over Storm is an idea. Bringing Dalaran to the Siege of Orgimmar, an almost literal Sword of Damocles could also occur. Or there is the possibility of Jaina having her own plans we know little of.

EJL

It wouldn't be good to have another city so close to Stormwind, yet alone right in the middle of a questing zone.

there's a quest related to the crater during the children week

it's not much, but there is

I actually thought it was only relevant for the Surveying the Damage achievement ( http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4827 ), it's just a curious place born after the Cataclysm, it's not supposed to be anything more

Deleted
    That crater serves no purpose, so I don't see why not. I'd rather see at least some of the damage caused by Cataclysm repaired around the world too. Although I'd probably still rather have Dalaran on the ruins of Theramore or Hillsbrad.

Tactically, they ought to take it somewhere reasonably close to Orgrimmar so that it can serve as the base for the siege.

It'd be cool to see the goblins use the giant cannon in Azshara to shoot at Dalaran. Chekhov's Law - if you see a gun on the mantelpiece in the first act it must be shot by the end of the play.

Deleted
    Well seeing as it's the only city that can, ya know fly they'll put it in a place of more strategic value. The war will end with Garrosh but you can bet your ass they'll be vanilla esque tention between the factions. They'll put it somewhere to act as a deterrent to the new Horde leadership.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i'm correct i heard somewhere that Dalaran won't be moved game wise, in lore it will move.
    It's hard to move dalaran to another place, since Dalaran has alot of quests leading up to dalaran.

But that's what i heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Dalaran moved to Westfall..

Dan at level 10 sees Dalaran there
    Dan at level 80 sees Dalaran in Crystalsong
    Dan at level 90 sees Dalaran over the Ocean
    Dan at level 90 sees it in Westfall again.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If Dalaran moved to Westfall..

Dan at level 10 sees Dalaran there
    Dan at level 80 sees Dalaran in Crystalsong
    Dan at level 90 sees Dalaran over the Ocean
    Dan at level 90 sees it in Westfall again.
    The same thing pretty much already happens with Garrosh. They could phase it, but that would just get annoying.

A flying magical city happens to be one of the best things tactically for the Alliance. Need a base at a vital point? Fly Dalaran there.

I could only imagine if they put that into the game. I would have no idea how they could get something like that to work. Would probably be similar to how the gunships in Icecrown/Deepholme work. But that would be quite interesting.

Deleted
    wouldnt theramore ruins be a reasonable location for dalaran? at least for the seiege of orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    A flying magical city happens to be one of the best things tactically for the Alliance. Need a base at a vital point? Fly Dalaran there.

I could only imagine if they put that into the game. I would have no idea how they could get something like that to work. Would probably be similar to how the gunships in Icecrown/Deepholme work. But that would be quite interesting.
    A multi-zone city that slowly flies from the north to south of Kalimdor, randomly firing magic missiles (roll d6) at Horde command posts? I'm down for that.

Another Alliance Capital in Southern Eastern Kingdoms?

That would be quite useless and make little sense.

I think a better strategical landing place would be Hinderlands or soemthing in Northern EK or in Kalimdor, but of course they would have to give a city to the horde in Southern EK or Southern Kalimdor.

Landing in Westfall would make little sense.

why would dalaran WANT to land in westfall?

that place is SO BAD the people from there went out of their way to fight in a war in western plaguelands for new farms, because zombie-infested lands > westfall.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll live in Northrend forever. You guys really overestimate Blizz's desire to show us the story. They'd much rather outsource it to a book and not cover it in their game.

Maybe, all not at why.
    This is why friends don't let friends poll drunk, people.

OT:
    I think Dalaran's landing spot will be determined by much more than "Hey, there's a big hole. Drop it here, guys."
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.