Thread: denounce in pvp

denounce in pvp

I hardly ever seen paladins use this. Is it because it doesn't work on pvp?

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 03:18 PM ----------

The crit part of it I mean

It works, and I use it in both arena and battlegrounds. A healer that can't crit is much easier to kill.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It works in pvp, just has a cast time and you risk getting kicked. But it is VERY useful if you can get it off.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I hardly ever seen paladins use this. Is it because it doesn't work on pvp?

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 03:18 PM ----------

The crit part of it I mean
    its lack of use may be because it's in the "holy" spell book. it's akin to (not as useful as) casting cyclone as a resto druid. there are benefits and then there are negatives...

It works, i like using it on other holy paladins the most.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Odd. I don't see others use it so I thought that it didn't work. Was thinking being able to shut down mage burst in a deep or warriors reck would be too op.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Odd. I don't see others use it so I thought that it didn't work. Was thinking being able to shut down mage burst in a deep or warriors reck would be too op.
    It does help in those situations, but the problem is the first global or two you need to be healing your partner while they are getting bursted. It does, in theory, "heal" through preventing damage, but a lot of times, at least in this season, burst kills people so quick you have to be spamming heals if there's no peel happening.

It is a billion times more useful if glyphed, especially. But I use it all the time if I'm not worried about eating a kick and the other team is putting out crap for pressure. As they said above, it can really help kill an opposing healer, by preventing crit heals.

15+ Year Old Account
    when I play holy I always use it, especially on shadow priests, warriors, and hunters. Always fun to ruin their burst any way I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    It works, and I use it in both arena and battlegrounds. A healer that can't crit is much easier to kill.
    that too, its a very trollface spell to cast sometimes.

Denounce is such an infuriating spell, Holy is fine without it, and Ret desperately needs it. What other class has more utility in its healing spec than its dps spec?!?! It would be like if Disc and Holy priests had Silence or Psychic Horror, but Shadow didn't. I know a lot of specs have serious problems, but the way Ret is treated is just absurd. They quite literally let MoP go live with our healing spec having more CC and utility than our dps spec, and then they have the audacity to act like it was an honest mistake. The issue is obviously either complete negligence or just actual ill will, either way it's getting old, the spec should have been at this level of development two+ expansions ago.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-03-02 at 11:33 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Denounce is such an infuriating spell, Holy is fine without it, and Ret desperately needs it. What other class has more utility in its healing spec than its dps spec?!?! It would be like if Disc and Holy priests had Silence or Psychic Horror, but Shadow didn't. I know a lot of specs have serious problems, but the way Ret is treated is just absurd. They quite literally let MoP go live with our healing spec having more CC and utility than our dps spec, and then they have the audacity to act like it was an honest mistake. The issue is obviously either complete negligence or just actual ill will, either way it's getting old, the spec should have been at this level of development two+ expansions ago.
    I do agree with this though. Its pretty insane the offensive pressure it can put out, from a healer. I feel that it is almost an effect that Ret should get on Exorcism or TV or something, but have it lower their crit chance, not just negate it. Something like they lose 30% of their crit chance or maybe 50%. Not "you never crit against a Ret paladin" but "you crit less if the other team has a Ret paladin"

Denounce is pretty damn awesome, to use on both dps or healers. no crit is pretty freaking strong?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    poor fire mages :<
    Well if the Fire mage is nuking then the healer will be healing. Likewise they have counterspell. Denounce is great but the healer needs to be left to free cast.