Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Addicted to feel pain

Since I lost my dad when I was 11 years old I've been through alot of pain and misery, and the thing Is. I am 18 now and over the Years I've slowly began to enjoy hurting myself like sometimes i like to smash my fist against the wall like 10-100 times with loud music playing....
    This may sound really bizare but it's the truth. So dont troll please... My question Is --- Can you become addicted to feeling pain ??? or is there something totally wrong with me???!! IS it even possible ???!?!?!

Deleted
    Sounds like a form of sadomasochism. It's the kind of thing you'll generally want to search for help for.

Good luck, it doesn't sound like a healthy situation to be in.

Not sure if the WoW general forum is the right place to post this.

Can you become addicted to feeling pain?

Pain causes release of endorphines and that is what you can get addicted to, also the definition of normal to a person is how they grew up, if you grew up in lots of pain pain is part of your life and not that weird you enjoy it a bit.
    You can also get addicted to exercise for the same very reason btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackslix View Post
    Since I lost my dad when I was 11 years old I've been through alot of pain and misery, and the thing Is. I am 18 now and over the Years I've slowly began to enjoy hurting myself like sometimes i like to smash my fist against the wall like 10-100 times with loud music playing....
    This may sound really bizare but it's the truth. So dont troll please... My question Is --- Can you become addicted to feeling pain ??? or is there something totally wrong with me???!! IS it even possible ???!?!?!
    Yes you can become addicted to pain. If the addiction crosses into the realm where you do permanent damage to yourself, though, you should probably consider getting un-addicted.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know almost everyone is 'addicted' to our senses. Their have been Sensory deprivation test were people have hallucinations from it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I know almost everyone is 'addicted' to our senses. Their have been Sensory deprivation test were people have hallucinations from it.
    Its more than just that, its an actual addiction due to endorphins being released from pain, person is addicted to the endorphins, as i said it also happens with people who exercise a lot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackslix View Post
    Yeah I love pain too as it keeps my senses awake, whether it's physical or emotional. I constantly have to keep others on their toes and play mind games

There is no calm, just chaos and confusion but it's the only way I know how to survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about adaptation. IMO humans greatest ability is our ability to adapt. You adapted....And became addicted to pain.