10+ Year Old Account

Ragefire Chasm NOT going to be heroic?

Stated in the news on the main page.

What is the purpose of RFC not being tuned to heroic during the final patch? They updated it for level 15s to run like twice? Some of the mechanics seemed interesting enough but the bosses didnt live long enough for them to mean anything, especially in a group filled with heirlooms.

What do you guys think about this development?

Awful instance, no loss really.

10+ Year Old Account
    What "development?" It was never announced as being upgraded to heroic, that's something the community assumed for some reason. The purpose in its update in Cataclysm was to update its story to fit with what was going on in the rest of the game.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Think of the complaints about "rehashing" and Blizzard has ran out of new instance ideas!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably gonna play into SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    What "development?" It was never announced as being upgraded to heroic, that's something the community assumed for some reason. The purpose in its update in Cataclysm was to update its story to fit with what was going on in the rest of the game.
    It was assumed because there was speculation of garrosh having his warlocks dabble in fel-magic under orgrimmar or something like that.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    What do you guys think about this development?
    Good riddance. Ragefire Chasm, the Wailing Caverns and the Stockades should all be dynamited and sealed off forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Probably gonna play into SoO.
    im thinking the same.

instead of making an heroic version of it, there will be a decent chance to see it return in the Siege of Ogrimmar. maybe a boss, prehaps a special event.
    prehaps we go there solely for the legendary quest.

i hope they do atleast something with it, as remaking it so lvl 15 can blitz through it is a bit wasted atm.

At one point during Cata, unless they're still in the game... there was items that was going to drop from heroic Stormwind Stocks. But I don't think Blizzard ever went through with it and just scrapped both city dungeons all together.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    im thinking the same.

instead of making an heroic version of it, there will be a decent chance to see it return in the Siege of Ogrimmar. maybe a boss,
    It's where the boss after Garrosh, likely either the seventh Sha or an old god, will be located.

Deleted
    Not an heroic dungeon but a scenario, obviously. Story-telling, lore, blabla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    as remaking it so lvl 15 can blitz through it is a bit wasted atm.
    as opposed to level 90s blitzing it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    It was assumed because there was speculation of garrosh having his warlocks dabble in fel-magic under orgrimmar or something like that.
    I know why it was assumed, I was only pointing out that this is not news since it was never announced in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank god. just not a good sounding idea imo

would be cool if they made it heroic tho.

I can't even imagine how they would make it a heroic dungeon. What content is even there? Some blank walkways that lead to some more walkways over lava.

Name the bosses in the instance, and name their abilities:

They may as well just make a whole new instance if their plan is to make a RFC heroic.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Name the bosses in the instance, and name their abilities:
    Adarogg - Flame Breath, Inferno Charge
    Dark Shaman Koranthal - Twisted Elements, Shadow Storm
    Slagmaw - Lava Spit, Submerge
    Lava Guard Gordoth - Seismic Slam, Ground Rupture, Enrage

nice wowhead, I rest my case -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually kind of sad. Would love to have some H RFC just for fun. It looks really nice since they updated it, just do not have low enough alts to do it and the level you can queue for it is really limited (Wailing Caverns dominates 15-22 or something like that, actually quite rare for RFC in my experience).
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Think of the complaints about "rehashing" and Blizzard has ran out of new instance ideas!
    I agree with this so much. I see it all the time, especially on the official forums. When things are left alone, there are threads about how this and that are broken and things are old and stale. When changes are introduced, there are threads about how good the game used to be and how the new changes are useless/bad/gamebreaking.

And was it ever stated that RFC would be Heroic? I thought they just changed it for giggles and to break the monotony of that first dungeon everyone runs on a new toon.

Edit: Also, as someone who started playing at the beginning of Cata, it's felt weird going into RFC and fighting a mini-Magmaw. A Heroic level one would feel even more odd personally. I admit though, that's a completely personal thing.