Glyph Of Grounding Totem

I wanted to see if anyone has ever used this glyph in a competitive PVP match such as arena or RBG. I know there are some better glyphs out there to use but as an enhancement shaman myself, I think it would be quite epic to send a Chaos bolt right back at a warlock. Has anyone tested it, does the reflected Chaos bolt or other strong ability still hit has hard as the original?

Has anyone tried this in an eots? If a elemental shaman uses thunderstorm and you have the glyphed totem down, will it knock their whole team back? Same with Boomkin/ druid and their knockback?

yes it can reflect a chaos bolt, and no you cannot reflect AoE spells, because it is not directed at anyone you are simply in the area.

you can only reflect a spell targeted at someone, chain lightning being a cleave can be reflected because you must target the person, while thunderstorm/earthquake for example is just an area of effect and will not be reflected.

Doesn't Chaos Bolt have like a 3 second cast time?

I think reflecting a CC spell like poly would be far more epic, as shamans have little control themselves but decent selfhealing (at least they again will have with the incoming selfhealing buff).

I guess the question would be how totemic restoration works with the glyph. Afaik, the glyph raises the cooldown to 1 min (really ridiculous, considering a warriors' spellreflect has the same cooldown as our grounding), so TR should be able to reduce it down to 30 seconds in the very best case.
    Still not comparable to a TR-reduced cooldown of a unglyhed Grounding, which would be able to go down to 13 secs or so, but still, it would counter that minus of the glyph a little.

Well, I doubt there's many to increase the cooldown of their spell-eater when thinking of probably-gonna-be-hit-by-a-ice-lance scenarios.
    In turn, that makes enemies with it all the more rare and unexpected. A grounded sheep isn't the end of the world normally, since it has no cooldown. A reflected one though can make the difference between a win and a lose I imagine (though the same can likely be said about having grounding more often avaiable).

I guess in scenarios with lots of damage flying around and fewer CC (RBG, BG), unglyphed would be the way to go, while precision fights like high ranked arena would be an opportunity to put the glyph to use.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-03-01 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    I think it would be quite epic to send a Chaos bolt right back at a warlock. Has anyone tested it, does the reflected Chaos bolt or other strong ability still hit has hard as the original?
    Though i haven't tried it, i'm fairly certain that CB will hit for the same amount on the Warlock as it would hit you, if you take Resilience passive reduction and stuff aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    Has anyone tried this in an eots? If a elemental shaman uses thunderstorm and you have the glyphed totem down, will it knock their whole team back? Same with Boomkin/ druid and their knockback?
    AoE Spells do not get grounded and cannot be reflected.

Overall this Glyph is decent but the increased CD and the fact that most ppl rather cancel their cast and then destroy it SW:P, Ice lance, etc. kills it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Overall this Glyph is decent but the increased CD and the fact that most ppl rather cancel their cast and then destroy it SW:P, Ice lance, etc. kills it.
    Don't think SW:P (and most other instant DoTs) eats grounding totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    yes it does. And btw even tho they may cancel their cast to destroy it you're obviously preventing them from casting that one spell, which gives you more time for yor own D spells to come off CD really talking about windshear here mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    They do and are very powerful here because they got no missile and therefore instantly destroy grounding.