Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,609
    All people here are saying is how they want there favorite face to be leading the horde. Theres no real common sense, its just people making excuses for wanting there fav horde race to be in charge. I can understand you want your favorite race to get some air time, but not at the expense of the story.

  2. #242
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    All people here are saying is how they want there favorite face to be leading the horde. Theres no real common sense, its just people making excuses for wanting there fav horde race to be in charge. I can understand you want your favorite race to get some air time, but not at the expense of the story.
    Who says it would be at the expense of the story? If anything after the stuff the orcs pulled while Garrosh was in charge, and being the ones that oppossed him the LEAST, I think it'd be hard to justify the rest of the Horde following an orc leader again.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  3. #243
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,501
    I'm just going to requote myself from the beginning of this thread

    People are grasping at straws here because Blood Elf fanboyism runs rampant in MMO-C. Purge of Dalaran thread about Sunreavers being good or bad had over 100 pages, a thread about any other race would last a day at most.
    Now we're at the part where we all argue about BEs and treat them like a seperate faction.

    All people here are saying is how they want there favorite face to be leading the horde. Theres no real common sense, its just people making excuses for wanting there fav horde race to be in charge. I can understand you want your favorite race to get some air time, but not at the expense of the story
    Now lets bask in the infinite wisdom of Trassk. Spot on with that comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  4. #244
    I've been expecting it since the beginning of the expansion. Vol'jin has never wanted to lead and is more at home out in the field getting stuff done, baines too green and both sylvanas and gallywix are terrible one note characters not suited for a main role.

    Lore'themar is a perfect counter point to varian. Thrust into a leadership position he wasnt ready for and had to grow into, a swordsman of great skill and puts politics and the welfare of his subjects before anything else.

    I'm not a big blood elf fan, but the whole tribal "lock tar ogar" thing has been tried again and again on more than one world, it doesnt work. Would the horde rather see him after all his deeds at the thunder isle? or someone like sylvanas whos done frankly bugger all thus far in the expansion?

    They are making him integral to the horde story for a reason. if blizzard just randomly chose to give lore at random we would have seen more dreanei stuff long ago.

  5. #245
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I'm just going to requote myself from the beginning of this thread



    Now we're at the part where we all argue about BEs and treat them like a seperate faction.
    Not -really-. That's because they're the only race to have something done with them recently that's really up for debate, if something big and important had happened with the tauren we'd all be talking about them.

    We're talking about elves because the purge of Dalaran just happened, not because of some inherent fanboyism.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  6. #246
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,501
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I've been expecting it since the beginning of the expansion. Vol'jin has never wanted to lead and is more at home out in the field getting stuff done, baines too green and both sylvanas and gallywix are terrible one note characters not suited for a main role.

    Lore'themar is a perfect counter point to varian. Thrust into a leadership position he wasnt ready for and had to grow into, a swordsman of great skill and puts politics and the welfare of his subjects before anything else.

    I'm not a big blood elf fan, but the whole tribal "lock tar ogar" thing has been tried again and again on more than one world, it doesnt work. Would the horde rather see him after all his deeds at the thunder isle? or someone like sylvanas whos done frankly bugger all thus far in the expansion?

    They are making him integral to the horde story for a reason. if blizzard just randomly chose to give lore at random we would have seen more dreanei stuff long ago.
    Yet still Lor'Themar as the warchief is as silly as making Mekkatorque high king of the Alliance. It doesn't matter if he's extremely intelligent, good with politics and a decisive military strategist (look how he handled Gnomeregan)

    Hes a gnome, and it doesn't make sense for a gnome to lead the army of mostly humans. Its the same thing with Lor'Themar as a Warchief of the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  7. #247
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Yet still Lor'Themar as the warchief is as silly as making Mekkatorque high king of the Alliance. It doesn't matter if he's extremely intelligent, good with politics and a decisive military strategist (look how he handled Gnomeregan)

    Hes a gnome, and it doesn't make sense for a gnome to lead the army of mostly humans. Its the same thing with Lor'Themar as a Warchief of the Horde.
    Why not? The story shouldn't be constrained by some arbitrary limit like 'whoever's got the most people lorewise leads', it should be 'whoever it makes sense to have lead, leads'
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Yet still Lor'Themar as the warchief is as silly as making Mekkatorque high king of the Alliance. It doesn't matter if he's extremely intelligent, good with politics and a decisive military strategist (look how he handled Gnomeregan)

    Hes a gnome, and it doesn't make sense for a gnome to lead the army of mostly humans. Its the same thing with Lor'Themar as a Warchief of the Horde.
    An altered model, heavy lore involvement and a new voice actor would suggest otherwise.

  9. #249
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Why not? The story shouldn't be constrained by some arbitrary limit like 'whoever's got the most people lorewise leads', it should be 'whoever it makes sense to have lead, leads'
    So if the story saw fit, you'd be fine if the Alliance figurehead was a Gnome, and all WoW-players and non-WoW players saw the Alliance as a gnome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  10. #250
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Who says it would be at the expense of the story? If anything after the stuff the orcs pulled while Garrosh was in charge, and being the ones that oppossed him the LEAST, I think it'd be hard to justify the rest of the Horde following an orc leader again.
    The problem with that kind of resolution is, any alliance would still be saying the same thing about the orcs after the first war, the same excuse 'well they did terrible things back then so they should never be allowed to roam free again'. Same thing, your arguing that because of what has happened prior to something the orcs should be taken away from there place in the story.

  11. #251
    IMO it is a hoax.
    Just them trying to have a little fun with the community.
    Final confirmation of his accention to become the new warchief of the horde will probably come on the 1 of april.

  12. #252
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,609
    they already know who the next warchief is, they've said so.

  13. #253
    It's Med'an. He'll appear in the Karazhan revamp that comes out in patch 5.6 after the siege of Org.

    Yay!

  14. #254
    Brewmaster Help ol Gil Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,333
    Gamon will be captured during the Siege of Orgrimmar and thrown in the same cell as Hogger which will then produce the future Warchief.

    All hail Hogmon!

  15. #255
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    So if the story saw fit, you'd be fine if the Alliance figurehead was a Gnome, and all WoW-players and non-WoW players saw the Alliance as a gnome?
    Kind of, I think it was a mistake to give the Alliance a 'high king' to begin with but I'd be fine with Gnomes taking a leadership role in operations or them having major characters and such the way humans currently do (though preferably not in a way that squishes out all other races plotlines like they do currently).

    I don't know what you mean by everyone 'seeing the Alliance as a gnome'

    Anyone who sees the Alliance as a human is missing the point of the Alliance.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 10:15 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The problem with that kind of resolution is, any alliance would still be saying the same thing about the orcs after the first war, the same excuse 'well they did terrible things back then so they should never be allowed to roam free again'. Same thing, your arguing that because of what has happened prior to something the orcs should be taken away from there place in the story.
    Strawman, I never said 'they should never be allowed to roam free again' don't put words in my mouth.

    I said it'd be hard to justify them following an orc leader right after the last one screwed up so bad, and the vast majority of orcs didn't do much about it.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  16. #256
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    It's Med'an. He'll appear in the Karazhan revamp that comes out in patch 5.6 after the siege of Org.

    Yay!
    Please refrain from using such profane language on MMO-C. I wouldn't want my children to see the M word thrown around so carelessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  17. #257

  18. #258
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

    Strawman, I never said 'they should never be allowed to roam free again' don't put words in my mouth.

    I said it'd be hard to justify them following an orc leader right after the last one screwed up so bad, and the vast majority of orcs didn't do much about it.
    Thats not really an argument. Consider human in exactly the same context, Prince Arthas, he made some majorly bad screwups and became a villain, and the one who dammed there lands. By your example, the humans who fled lordearon and came to stormwind (there are examples of this) should themselves feel they should ever trust another human leader for Arthas actions.

    They are orcs, the mistakes of one orc leader does not give the right to have someone else representing there kind, how does that even begin to make sense? You can use examples of almost every race where they have rotten eggs who did evil things, so why haven't those races done what your suggesting? Night elves should have a none nelf leader because of Illidan? The Draenei wanting a human ruler because of what Archimonde and Kil'jaeden became?

    Seriously, think about extension here before claiming one race should change there ideals in light of other races not doing any different.

  19. #259
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thats not really an argument. Consider human in exactly the same context, Prince Arthas, he made some majorly bad screwups and became a villain, and the one who dammed there lands. By your example, the humans who fled lordearon and came to stormwind (there are examples of this) should themselves feel they should ever trust another human leader for Arthas actions.

    They are orcs, the mistakes of one orc leader does not give the right to have someone else representing there kind, how does that even begin to make sense? You can use examples of almost every race where they have rotten eggs who did evil things, so why haven't those races done what your suggesting? Night elves should have a none nelf leader because of Illidan? The Draenei wanting a human ruler because of what Archimonde and Kil'jaeden became?

    Seriously, think about extension here before claiming one race should change there ideals in light of other races not doing any different.
    False Equivalence. That's not my example.

    Arthas was never a major leader, he was under Uther's tutelage and was only a prince, he didn't have any authority to command say, the elves or the dwarves unlike Garrosh has as warchief.

    Moreover, of course the race of the guy that screwed up is always going to support one of their own succeeding him, that's not what I'm arguing.

    I'm arguing -everyone else-, the trolls, the tauren would likely not support another orc.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thats not really an argument. Consider human in exactly the same context, Prince Arthas, he made some majorly bad screwups and became a villain, and the one who dammed there lands. By your example, the humans who fled lordearon and came to stormwind (there are examples of this) should themselves feel they should ever trust another human leader for Arthas actions.

    They are orcs, the mistakes of one orc leader does not give the right to have someone else representing there kind, how does that even begin to make sense? You can use examples of almost every race where they have rotten eggs who did evil things, so why haven't those races done what your suggesting? Night elves should have a none nelf leader because of Illidan? The Draenei wanting a human ruler because of what Archimonde and Kil'jaeden became?

    Seriously, think about extension here before claiming one race should change there ideals in light of other races not doing any different.
    Argument is skewed.
    -Arthas took Lordaeron by force (killing them/raising them as undead)
    -Illidan went rogue from the Nelfs
    -Archimonde and Kiljaeden joined the Legion

    Garrosh, on the other hand, is THE Horde proper. He's not even like Gul'dan who sold the Horde out to the Legion for example... He has his willing orc followes behind him.

    The Orcs of course will have their new racial leader but the leader of the entire Horde is up for grabs following Garrosh's exit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •