Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #281
    Warchief Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I'd like to see Theron claim the crown and start a new Elven dynasty, become the real leader the blood elves need. Warchief? ...eh.
    He needs to lead the Blood Elves as a race into becoming more than just a never-ending gay joke and go-to race of Anime roleplayers. Make them do something important, become something more than just crack-addicted pretty boys. Maybe like the Hordes "Councilors of Magic" who work alongside the new Warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    The non-sequitur derp is reaching critical mass...and it's not even page 2 yet.

    Talk about peaking early.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    He's probably going to bring the 7th sha back to Kalimdor and poison the land once again.
    Oh man you may be right, especially with all that went on in the Domination Point quest-chain.
    *Spoilers* -------
    did you notice how he wanted to make you and his other lieutenants succumb to the darkness and how he didn't? I think you are right that's definite foreshadow that he feel he can control the Sha or, at worst, if the Sha makes his people monsters he'll be even more powerful

  3. #283
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Some examples of over zealous orcs (oh because we haven't seen other races do THAT before *cough nelfs cough*) doing some bad shit and more then likely being cannon fodder for Garrosh in his raid doesn't give reason to dam the entire race.
    No one's saying that the entire race is damned. I AM NOT SAYING THAT. You are PUTTING WORDS In my mouth STOP IT.

    I'm just saying the tauren trolls and such likely wouldn't support an orc warchief again IMMEDIATELY after Garrosh.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    "Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief." - hah, considering our last discussion here over the dilema "Who is gonna lead the horde after Garrosh?" we can now just patiently wait for fabulous, gorgeous and stylish horde. Fantastic Can't wait!
    source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...he-Daily-Blink

    I can't stop laughing tbh.
    If that means a revamped silvermoon becomes our factions capitol after we nuke... erm, siege orgrimaar, then I for one welcome our new blood elven overlords.

  5. #285
    Blademaster JoNxJoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    35
    If Theron did take the warchief mantle who would step up to lead the blood elves, would he lead both?

  6. #286
    Immortal Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    7,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    He needs to lead the Blood Elves as a race into becoming more than just a never-ending gay joke and go-to race of Anime roleplayers. Make them do something important, become something more than just crack-addicted pretty boys. Maybe like the Hordes "Councilors of Magic" who work alongside the new Warchief.
    That image will never fade to be honest, there are far too many people out there who hate them simply because they are elves, but that does not matter they got decent development and that is enough for some time, blizzard should shift their attention elsewhere for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoNxJoN View Post
    If Theron did take the warchief mantle who would step up to lead the blood elves, would he lead both?
    Rommath
    Halduron
    Liadrin

    Take a pick ^^
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  7. #287
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by JoNxJoN View Post
    If Theron did take the warchief mantle who would step up to lead the blood elves, would he lead both?
    Thrall was Warchief -and- led the Orcs so I don't see why not, granted he was in his own races city while Lor'themar would probably have to lead from Org if he were Warchief (which I still doubt, I'm hoping Vol'jin), so he'd likely have someone like Rommath or Halduron run Silvermoon or at least keep tabs on it.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  8. #288
    It sounds like based on the Kovak interview that there's a coup in 5.3 and Garrosh is besieged in 5.4. Ignoring the question as to why Garrosh needs to be besieged to begin with (is he going to summon the Legion? does he have another Divine Bell-ish weapon? is Gamon's rescue necessary to save Azeroth?), the fact that a coup predates the siege indicates to me that the majority of the Horde supports the leader of the coup against Garrosh.

    Which frankly eliminates Theron in my mind for now.

    Garrosh will do something that spurs the coup, of course. But the leader of the coup has to be someone whose opposition to Garrosh is legitimately shared by Orcs as well as BElfs, etc. I don't see a scenario where your average everyday Orc supports Theron against Garrosh. Vol'jin is a possibility, but the history of antagonism between Vol'jin and Garrosh tends to make me think a Vol'jin coup would split the Horde, not gain the support of it. Ditto Baine (altho the history is not as direct as it is with Vol'jin).

    I feel like it has to be an Orc that leads the coup. Hopefully not Thrall.

    Now, this doesn't preclude a non-Orc Warchief post-5.4. But until such time as Garrosh is finally dealt with, I'm having a hard time with envisioning any non-Orc as Warchief.

  9. #289
    I would love to see Theron crowned the new King of Silvermoon. I think it would be an event that would finally signal an end to the tragedy of the Blood Elves.

    But I would definitely not like to see him take up the mantle of Warchief. For that job we need an Orc, a strong one. One who can redeem the title of Orcish Warchief. One who will bring strength and honor back to the Horde.

    I really hope they don't pick another race to lead the Horde. Not because I don't think they're capable, but because it just furthers the stereotype that Orcs are "bad" and no-good warmongers.

    I feel like it has to be an Orc that leads the coup. Hopefully not Thrall.
    I would imagine Saurfang because of the foreshadowing. But I could also see Nazgrim making a character transformation and leading the charge against Garrosh.

  10. #290
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    It sounds like based on the Kovak interview that there's a coup in 5.3 and Garrosh is besieged in 5.4. Ignoring the question as to why Garrosh needs to be besieged to begin with (is he going to summon the Legion? does he have another Divine Bell-ish weapon? is Gamon's rescue necessary to save Azeroth?), the fact that a coup predates the siege indicates to me that the majority of the Horde supports the leader of the coup against Garrosh.

    Which frankly eliminates Theron in my mind for now.

    Garrosh will do something that spurs the coup, of course. But the leader of the coup has to be someone whose opposition to Garrosh is legitimately shared by Orcs as well as BElfs, etc. I don't see a scenario where your average everyday Orc supports Theron against Garrosh. Vol'jin is a possibility, but the history of antagonism between Vol'jin and Garrosh tends to make me think a Vol'jin coup would split the Horde, not gain the support of it. Ditto Baine (altho the history is not as direct as it is with Vol'jin).

    I feel like it has to be an Orc that leads the coup. Hopefully not Thrall.

    Now, this doesn't preclude a non-Orc Warchief post-5.4. But until such time as Garrosh is finally dealt with, I'm having a hard time with envisioning any non-Orc as Warchief.
    This, Lor'themar is -qualified- for warchief but lacks the popular support, I'd prefer Vol'jin to lead the coup but honestly, Blizz is probably going to put an orc in place.

    I just pray it's not Baine.

    At the same time, I doubt that just because an orc must kick off the rebellion in order to get the rest of the orcs onboard that doesn't automatically mean he/she is going to be warchief.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  11. #291
    Blademaster JoNxJoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    It sounds like based on the Kovak interview that there's a coup in 5.3 and Garrosh is besieged in 5.4. Ignoring the question as to why Garrosh needs to be besieged to begin with (is he going to summon the Legion? does he have another Divine Bell-ish weapon? is Gamon's rescue necessary to save Azeroth?), the fact that a coup predates the siege indicates to me that the majority of the Horde supports the leader of the coup against Garrosh.

    Which frankly eliminates Theron in my mind for now.

    Garrosh will do something that spurs the coup, of course. But the leader of the coup has to be someone whose opposition to Garrosh is legitimately shared by Orcs as well as BElfs, etc. I don't see a scenario where your average everyday Orc supports Theron against Garrosh. Vol'jin is a possibility, but the history of antagonism between Vol'jin and Garrosh tends to make me think a Vol'jin coup would split the Horde, not gain the support of it. Ditto Baine (altho the history is not as direct as it is with Vol'jin).

    I feel like it has to be an Orc that leads the coup. Hopefully not Thrall.

    Now, this doesn't preclude a non-Orc Warchief post-5.4. But until such time as Garrosh is finally dealt with, I'm having a hard time with envisioning any non-Orc as Warchief.

    How come you're leaving Sylvanas out of the equation last i checked she despised garrosh. Her and theron/blood elves are on pretty good terms too right?
    That tag team could work.

  12. #292
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by JoNxJoN View Post
    How come you're leaving Sylvanas out of the equation last i checked she despised garrosh. Her and theron/blood elves are on pretty good terms too right?
    That tag team could work.
    Not after his short story they're not.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  13. #293
    Immortal Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    7,831
    Quote Originally Posted by JoNxJoN View Post
    Her and theron/blood elves are on pretty good terms too right?
    That tag team could work.
    Lor'themar does not like Sylvanas, quite the opposite.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by JoNxJoN View Post
    How come you're leaving Sylvanas out of the equation last i checked she despised garrosh. Her and theron/blood elves are on pretty good terms too right?
    That tag team could work.
    Because if Sylvanas performed a coup on Garrosh to become Warchief, we'd be besieging Undercity, not Orgrimmar.

    You have to think of it from the Orc perspective, not the player perspective. The Orcs are the backbone of the Horde; without their support in a coup, the coup can not be successful.

    It's a shame that Orkus got killed, because he'd be my choice.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    It sounds like based on the Kovak interview that there's a coup in 5.3 and Garrosh is besieged in 5.4. Ignoring the question as to why Garrosh needs to be besieged to begin with (is he going to summon the Legion? does he have another Divine Bell-ish weapon? is Gamon's rescue necessary to save Azeroth?), the fact that a coup predates the siege indicates to me that the majority of the Horde supports the leader of the coup against Garrosh.

    Which frankly eliminates Theron in my mind for now.

    Garrosh will do something that spurs the coup, of course. But the leader of the coup has to be someone whose opposition to Garrosh is legitimately shared by Orcs as well as BElfs, etc. I don't see a scenario where your average everyday Orc supports Theron against Garrosh. Vol'jin is a possibility, but the history of antagonism between Vol'jin and Garrosh tends to make me think a Vol'jin coup would split the Horde, not gain the support of it. Ditto Baine (altho the history is not as direct as it is with Vol'jin).

    I feel like it has to be an Orc that leads the coup. Hopefully not Thrall.

    Now, this doesn't preclude a non-Orc Warchief post-5.4. But until such time as Garrosh is finally dealt with, I'm having a hard time with envisioning any non-Orc as Warchief.
    Yah I could see Baine, altough the event you speak of already happened (potentially), a combination of the failed attempt on Vol'Jinn's life with how he sent little Audiun flying over Panda Land

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by topitopi View Post
    Yah I could see Baine, altough the event you speak of already happened (potentially), a combination of the failed attempt on Vol'Jinn's life with how he sent little Audiun flying over Panda Land
    Neither of those events would garner Orc support for a coup. It has to be something obvious and demonstrable to all Orcs that Garrosh has lost his freakin' mind.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Neither of those events would garner Orc support for a coup. It has to be something obvious and demonstrable to all Orcs that Garrosh has lost his freakin' mind.
    Dude I think the Orcs lost their opinion in the matter. Trolls are mad, Tauren are mad, and Blood Elves are mad after Dominance Point. Goblins go with the gold and Thrall is mad. Orcs are backed into a corner on this one

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by topitopi View Post
    Dude I think the Orcs lost their opinion in the matter. Trolls are mad, Tauren are mad, and Blood Elves are mad after Dominance Point. Goblins go with the gold and Thrall is mad.
    None of these things matter to the Orc population, which as far as I can determine online, is the largest (lorewise) of the Horde races. Unless you expect 5.4 to be Orcs vs Horde, you have to stop thinking only about a handful of leaders in your calculations.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Who says it would be at the expense of the story? If anything after the stuff the orcs pulled while Garrosh was in charge, and being the ones that oppossed him the LEAST, I think it'd be hard to justify the rest of the Horde following an orc leader again.
    Do you stop electing human presidents when one of them screws up? Would you rather let a goldfish or an elephant lead you? :\

  20. #300
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Do you stop electing human presidents when one of them screws up? Would you rather let a goldfish or an elephant lead you? :\
    False equivalence. I'm not suggesting Tauren or Trolls would put an animal in power.

    A better IRL example would be not electing a candidate that's from the same party as the last guy.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •