Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by topitopi View Post
    You make my point exactly: lesser on their own, more powerful together. Orcs would lose against a coalition of everyone else any day, especially if the alliance joins in. Obviously it won't be everyone vs the orcs, but when they are faced with that possibility the orcs will realize Garrosh is destroying them like he did Ishiak or whatever that guy's name was
    Yes, but they wouldn't realize that before 5.4. So no, I'm not making your point.

Warchief is a military position. The military is Orc at its core. The military will be besieging Orgrimmar in 5.4. If it's going to be Orcs vs Orgrimmar, the Warchief either should be an Orc, or must have the support of all prominent Orcs, especially the ones in the military leadership.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by topitopi View Post
    You make my point exactly: lesser on their own, more powerful together. Orcs would lose against a coalition of everyone else any day, especially if the alliance joins in. Obviously it won't be everyone vs the orcs, but when they are faced with that possibility the orcs will realize Garrosh is destroying them like he did Ishiak or whatever that guy's name was
    Just Ishi, another in a long line of Mag'har that strangely act more bloodthirsty than green orcs...
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    I would just Faction change if Lor'themar became Warchief.
    I'm not sure I'd enjoy an expansion of LT as warchief. I'd rather just read the books, visit MMO-C and keep in touch with the storyline. Wait for the whole thing to pass

Nah. In a recent intervie at Gamebreaker one of the developers mentioned his candidacy. That means to me he is almost certainly not the new Warchief. It would be a really bad move to indirectly reveal who the new Warchief will be that way, when the question in one of the most exciting things about this expansion. This just smells misdirection all over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    For the same reason humans are always the defacto main body of the alliance. For the same reason the alliance has always been spearheaded by one human commander or king or general. Thats how it works.

Orcs are the main body of the horde just as humans are the main body of the alliance, all the other races is just flavor-text
    Humans are just the ones who take the lead in rallying people together to form an Alliance, then the other races join after it's already established (like how the current Horde formed under Thrall). There hasn't really been a change of leadership without the whole alliance collapsing and having to be rebuilt from scratch again.

Thrall's first choice was for Cairne. The reason Thrall didn't pick Cairne was because he didn't have complete support from the tauren tribes and questioned his leadership ability.

Of course, outside the lore, Warcraft has always been about orcs vs humans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats not really an argument. Consider human in exactly the same context, Prince Arthas, he made some majorly bad screwups and became a villain, and the one who dammed there lands. By your example, the humans who fled lordearon and came to stormwind (there are examples of this) should themselves feel they should ever trust another human leader for Arthas actions.

They are orcs, the mistakes of one orc leader does not give the right to have someone else representing there kind, how does that even begin to make sense? You can use examples of almost every race where they have rotten eggs who did evil things, so why haven't those races done what your suggesting? Night elves should have a none nelf leader because of Illidan? The Draenei wanting a human ruler because of what Archimonde and Kil'jaeden became?

Seriously, think about extension here before claiming one race should change there ideals in light of other races not doing any different.
    Just saying: last time the undead screwed up, they've had orc overseers placed all around their city. But now that the orcs screw up that bad... They aren't untouchable. They may have a warchief of their own, but the Horde as a bigger faction may be led by, say, Sun King Theron. Why the hell not, let Warcraft make a different twist, shift the focus at least for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I'm arguing -everyone else-, the trolls, the tauren would likely not support another orc.
    Unless Thrall jumps out of the bushes and appoints another screw-up with all his wisdom.
    The trolls had a bunch of orc subjugators all over their islands for example.
    And that gives us two races that would like orc overseers wiped out from their cities/villages. Just sayin'.
    what your saying is orcs shouldn't trust themselves because of what one orc did, and so should put there faith in someone else to lead them.
    And then I bring up the Forsaken and the issue of their trustworthiness to the rest of the world... Double standarts, double standarts everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNxJoN View Post
    If Theron did take the warchief mantle who would step up to lead the blood elves, would he lead both?
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Rommath
    Halduron
    Liadrin

Take a pick ^^
    The Alliance has the Council of Three Hammers...the Blood Elfs put in the Council of the Sun: Halduron, Liadrin, & Rommath while LT is off Warchiefing it up.

Personally Im down with LT as WC. I like Vol'jin but I think LT could better balance being a military commander and politician. Plus I think a Warrior needs to lead the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    i really want to see this happen

let the rage begin!

face off Varian's hair v Lor'themar's hair!

I am curious about what Lor'themar's going to do with the Blood-magic-golem stuff he gets on the Thunder Isle.
    Twas brillig

I am curious about what Lor'themar's going to do with the Blood-magic-golem stuff he gets on the Thunder Isle.
    After using them against Garrosh, they will most likely be used to defend Quel'thalas. Maybe they learn from this form of life magic to heal the dead scar, who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i really want to see this happen

let the rage begin!

face off Varian's hair v Lor'themar's hair!
    It's not even a competition, dude. Varian will be grey and balding in 20 years at most (and lets face it, his rule hasn't been an uneventful one so he's probably already got a few grey hairs coming through), meanwhile Lor'themar probably still has several hundred years worth of voluptuous, silky, blonde locks lefts in him.

Hmm. The prospective utilisation of blood-magic-golems is most intriguing. Blood-magic and the likes is not new to the blood elves (http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_mage), so it's not as if magics on the darker end of the spectrum raise moral dilemmas that haven't been dealt with, but I would not have expected Lor'themar to be so keen to acquire such knowledge. He's a originally Farstrider, from a group that has little to do with magic compared to the magisters and warlocks, so I assume he expects the blood elves will need all the power they can get to arm themselves against Garrosh and his goons when the time for his deposing comes.
    I think the most curious question is, from where do they intend to extract the reagents to keep these artefacts powered...?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Aethas turns out to be evil (the how or why is still out on that count), I could see him (he's the one Theron delegates the task of getting them functional to) taking them with him for trash or adds in the Org raid.

If not, what bulter and Baiyn said.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-03-06 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    I keep saying it. Chen Stormstout will be the next warchief. He's also the pandaren that appears in the opening cinematic plus "he" narrates the opening cinematic and the The Thunder King cinematic. They could've used any random panda.

To hell with the "ermergerd he natural bro". For the horde! For Chen Stormstout!
    Last edited by mmoc3482fa2da6; 2013-03-06 at 06:44 PM.

To me it really comes down to 1 of 2 choices. 1 of whom i haven't actually kept up with lore-wise so i do not know where he stands (literally and politically or if he 'stands' at all these days).

I honestly cannot see anyone other than Vol'jin or Saurfang replacing Garrosh. They both make sense because they have both been around since the beginning, as far as i know. Admittedly though Lore is not really my best subject, especially things that happened in the WC-WC3 eras. When exactly did the Darkspear join Thrall and the Horde?

Garrosh was only Warchief because of Thralls respect for his father, Grom, correct? Because as far as i remember the duel between the two never officially had a winner did it? I mean, it was interrupted by an assault by the Lich King, so... if someone actually did win, who would know?

Vol'jin definitely commands respect among the Horde because he was one of Thralls right had men, along with Cairne, and probably Saurfang.

Saurfang has an interesting position with the alliance, given that King Varian showed respect for him during the Saurfang encounter in ICC (at least on the alliance side of that encounter, is that canon or is the horde encounter? for that matter, are either?). I mean, he lost his son to the Lich King, something the alliance is not altogether unsympathetic to. Arthas was a prince after all.

Some theories i have seen thrown around are that Sylvanas would try for the throne, but that doesn't really make much sense because the Forsaken are mostly just about themselves. Not unity. Lor'themar doesn't make too much sense to me either for the simple reason that the Blood Elves came later to the Horde than the other races.

I have to stick with Vol'jin or Saurfang. If for some reason Saurfang is inelligible (like if hes dead or committed elsewhere or something that i have missed lore-wise) then i definitely say Vol'jin, whom i lean towards anyways because of the initial drama in Cata between him and Garrosh. Epic duel to the death incoming!!!!

Deleted
    First of all, I love Blood Elves. They are my favourite race in all of Wow. And I really dig the new Lor'Themar. But the idea as him as warchief just doesn't seem right to me.

He's an excellent leader and the best thing that could have happened to the Blood Elves in their times of trouble since the third war. While some might argue this is what makes him Warchief material (which might be true), I say this is the exact reason why he shouldn't be Warchief. The Blood Elves have an excellent leader on their hands right now and I don't really think taking him away in a way would be kinda sad.

You don't have to be Warchief to play an important role in the Horde. He himself is a great general and his Blood Elves are the most exquisite mages in the Horde, and his actions on the Isle of Thunder show, that the Blood Elves are a force to be reckoned with in both strength (they aren't that many and they can stand against Zandalari, Mogu, Saurok and the Alliance) and wisdom (Lor'Themar preparing for an uprising within the Horde shows his foresight).

I say, let Lor'Themar continue his current path of awesomeness and let him stand side by side with the new Warchief, as the Leader of the Sin'Dorei.

PS: Warchief Theron sounds kinda stupid :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    The Alliance has the Council of Three Hammers...the Blood Elfs put in the Council of the Sun: Halduron, Liadrin, & Rommath while LT is off Warchiefing it up.

Personally Im down with LT as WC. I like Vol'jin but I think LT could better balance being a military commander and politician. Plus I think a Warrior needs to lead the Horde.
    ahem

Also, Combat forgot about Tae'thalan
    Last edited by mistuhbull; 2013-03-06 at 08:17 PM.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anduin Wrynn for Warchief. Calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Qraziness View Post
    i definitely say Vol'jin, whom i lean towards anyways because of the initial drama in Cata between him and Garrosh. Epic duel to the death incoming!!!!
    You are betting on wrong horse in this "epic duel". Only thing Vol'jin is capable of is playing victim with terrible accent.

Though i'd love to see Lore'themar be a warchief for a little perhaps(mainly for epic lols and all the rage, sry :P)

It should and only should be a proud and stron orcus!

it just wouldn't be right at all really.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    ahem

Also, Combat forgot about Tae'thalan
    I didn't^^

I just included those, who actually did something ;P

Tae'thelan is interesting, though I wouldn't outright place him that high, first he needs more characterization.