Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I dislike the idea of an Elf leading the Horde, they're too civilised and are basically the "odd one out" of the Horde. I prefer the Horde being brutal and tribal.
    This. Not to mention the actual question was "Will we ever see more Draenei/Blood Elf story?" And Dave Kosak said that he felt patch 5.1 and 5.2 needed to have BEs because only about 1/10 players actually knew who the leader was "Now with 5.1 and 5.2, people can see that Blood Elves DO in fact have a leader, and hes pretty awesome, and they see him as a strong leader and perhaps potential warchief" then he goes on with the Draenei.

    People are grasping at straws here because Blood Elf fanboyism runs rampant in MMO-C. Purge of Dalaran thread about Sunreavers being good or bad had over 100 pages, a thread about any other race would last a day at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Getting promoted from a regent to warchief of the horde... wait wut?
    No different than all the hype Vol'jin is getting now is it. From useless troll to warchief. Dont get me wrong. Personally i dont support either of them. Thrall should come back and claim the leadership of the horde.

    But if it for some goddamn reason comes to a choice between Vol'jin or Lor'themar. Lort all the way.

  3. #23
    Epic! Felarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SKC,Poland
    Posts
    1,675
    I hope not. Blood Elf as a Warchief of the Horde just don't fit to entire horde concept of savage, tribal faction. Don't know like you but for me "true" Horde are Orcs,Trolls and Taurens and i think new warchief will be one of those three.

    However i think it's about time to put crown on Theron head and called him King of Quel'Thalas Blizz Develop him very good in 5.1 and 5.2

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire TheFNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, dodging bullets
    Posts
    492
    Well lets look at what we know about Lor'themar

    He and Sylvanas are easily the two eldest leaders of the Horde. Unsure which is older. Both served together in the Second War

    He presides over the Sunwell. The only power available to rival the current pressing threat of the Kirin Tor's possession of the Focusing Iris.

    Hasn't been very visible until MoP because of homeland problems. He has had to rebuild Silvermoon after the Scourge invasion in the Third War. He has also had to deal with the betrayal of Kael'thas and secure the Sunwell.

    Has a succession in place to run Silvermoon in case of his departure to sit in Org. Also would create an interesting dynamic between Rommath and Halduron as to who would be appointed Regent Lord.

    Is the one leader that may be able to earn an ounce of Sylv's respect and perhaps keep the Undead in check via coercion instead of the current Kor'kron militancy that keeps the Undead from being an interesting part of current events. Also creates an interesting plot point regarding Koltira.

    Is an extremely capable warrior in his own right. He was second only to Sylvanas when she was Ranger-General during the SECOND WAR indicating he has been good in a fight for a very long time.

    Of the current major players for Warchief is one of only 3 (arguably) with extensive experience in commanding troops. Sylv and Saurfang being the other two.



    Now all that being said I am of the opinion that the "rise" of Lor'themar as a candidate is only there to distract from Saurfang being appointed warchief. The reasoning I use behind Saurfang is that 1) He specifically told Garrosh that he would take care of him himself if he took the orcs towards a dark path; 2) Reluctant leaders make excellent story material; 3) The orcs v. humans mythos would be continued

    Thoughts?

  5. #25
    Dreadlord Ciarán's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wandering Isle
    Posts
    780
    Personally I don't really like him as Warchief. Not because he's a Blood Elf but because it feels forced. First we never hear anything from him then suddenly he pops up and immediately becomes Warchief. It's like they're setting him up to fail like Garrosh.

    That said I do think he deserves a more prominent role and I think he'd be a perfect Nr. 2 for the Horde.

  6. #26
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,754
    As long as BElves are gay, fabulous, all female... the jokes about their sexuality go on and on...

    As long as those are commonly used, it won't be Lor'themar. Sad but true.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 11:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Personally I don't really like him as Warchief. Not because he's a Blood Elf but because it feels forced. First we never hear anything from him then suddenly he pops up and immediately becomes Warchief. It's like they're setting him up to fail like Garrosh.

    That said I do think he deserves a more prominent role and I think he'd be a perfect Nr. 2 for the Horde.
    I love his character, and I love his new voice clips, but the Horde would rage if they got a "girl" as their warchief.

  7. #27
    So that would be 3 playable factions being lead by Elves now? Sigh... They're just so done to death. Same as my reaction to people wanting High Elves to be made playable I gotta say... I just don't get it. And not out of a sense of homophobia or anything, I'm gay myself and think all the 'effeminate Belf' jokes are ridiculous. Especially given that they're still more buff than other fantasy series's Elves. Mostly I'm just bored with more of the same all the time... and Elves feel like more of the same. Though so does an Orc leader at this point but at least it would keep with the tone of the Horde.

    Personally, I'd prefer a Vanilla Horde race for Warchief.

    "There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What is this, American Idol? of course they've got everything planned out. how else could they have the foreshadowing and payoff and other rhetorical devices they've been using?
    They don't have everything planned out. Because Blizzard themselves have admitted they handled the end of the Arthas poorly. They had lots of ideas but didn't pick the best one. Besides, do you remember seeing Mal'ganis in Icecrown? They completely forgot about him, even though his lines implied we'd see him in the raid.

    Blizzard might have some basic things planned ahead of time, but not everything is set in stone. They might change things and they might even forget about storylines completely.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Khaza-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    2,620
    It really doesn't matter that he's a Blood Elf. What matters is what else was said during the interview. "No one knew who the hell Lor'themar was prior to 5.2".

    Making him Warchief would be like Garrosh 2.0. A warchief who just came out of nowhere with little justification for the position. They're not going to make that mistake again.

  10. #30
    Lor'themar who?
    Who in the right mind would say he is a better choice then Vol'Jin? I do think, if not know he could become a greats leader, he have respekt for the other races, and is a great tactical leader. But so is and do Vol'Jin and he have been there from the start of the Horde. But i did expect one of them to be leader, i be fine, but from a lore point of view, i can see how it would be hard to do, Since Lore wise, Orcs are as rasist as it come. Lore-wise most orcs, only care for power, and i Most orcs, unless blizzard makes a puppy love event "oh how was we foolish to belive in garrosh, now we love everybody!! <333333!!!!" Else many orcs would have a major problem letteing a none orc, and for that matter, a elf, that have to be the worse beside The forsagen
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

  11. #31
    Besides, do you remember seeing Mal'ganis in Icecrown?
    I do!

    He was at Onslaught Harbor. He said something about the LK when he teleports off the his homeworld. But nothing eventuated from it though.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

  12. #32
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It really doesn't matter that he's a Blood Elf. What matters is what else was said during the interview. "No one knew who the hell Lor'themar was prior to 5.2".

    Making him Warchief would be like Garrosh 2.0. A warchief who just came out of nowhere with little justification for the position. They're not going to make that mistake again.
    Not likely. Blizz made Garrosh a douche on purpose, he was dead the moment he became Warchief.

    Lot'themar would be handled more like Thrall 2.0.

  13. #33
    Herald of the Titans Khaza-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Eversor-Nw View Post
    No different than all the hype Vol'jin is getting now is it. From useless troll to warchief. Dont get me wrong. Personally i dont support either of them. Thrall should come back and claim the leadership of the horde.

    But if it for some goddamn reason comes to a choice between Vol'jin or Lor'themar. Lort all the way.
    Yes, except Vol'jin has existed since WC3. And he at least had some development in Cataclysm that players seemed to appreciate. Not to mention he's getting his own novel.

    I would be surprised if it wasn't Vol'jin at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Not likely. Blizz made Garrosh a douche on purpose, he was dead the moment he became Warchief.

    Lot'themar would be handled more like Thrall 2.0.
    They most certainly didn't. They even said at one point you were meant to watch him mature and grow into his position as Warchief. You can tell from the his short story, to early Cataclysm quests, he was written completely different than he is now. They choose to make him a villian after all the negative reaction to him Ulduar and beyond.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2013-03-01 at 06:57 PM.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,338
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    As long as BElves are gay, fabulous, all female... the jokes about their sexuality go on and on...

    As long as those are commonly used, it won't be Lor'themar. Sad but true.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 11:30 AM ----------



    I love his character, and I love his new voice clips, but the Horde would rage if they got a "girl" as their warchief.
    At this point, it'd be beyond rage if Lor'Themar became Warchief. No amount of story or justification would lead me to appreciate Lor'Themar to be warchief of the Horde. What right do the Blood Elves even HAVE to lead the Horde? They're barely Horde themselves. Making a Blood Elf warchief is pure, unbridled fan catering and NOTHING more. It would be like Blizzard went to an RP server and said "hmm, 60% of all Horde players on RP realms are Blood Elf? I bet they'd appreciate this!..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    They don't have everything planned out. Because Blizzard themselves have admitted they handled the end of the Arthas poorly. They had lots of ideas but didn't pick the best one. Besides, do you remember seeing Mal'ganis in Icecrown? They completely forgot about him, even though his lines implied we'd see him in the raid.

    Blizzard might have some basic things planned ahead of time, but not everything is set in stone. They might change things and they might even forget about storylines completely.
    You know, I never really interpreted Mal'ganis's lines like that. To me it just sounded like Mal'ganis being a typical egotistical demon and didn't understand that mere mortals could beat someone as powerful as the Lich King on their own. Just because prophecy is real in the Warcraft universe doesn't mean every prediction is prophecy.

    If Bob the Peasant were to say Me'dan is totally going to be the next Warchief, and then it turns out Vol'jin is the next Warchief, it doesn't mean Blizzard backtracked, it means they never intended Bob the Peasant's prediction to be taken seriously as prophecy. And that's even ignoring Velen's short story revealing that there is no fate in the Warcraft universe and prophecy is really just about possible futures.

    Anyways I think Blizzard has a basic outline on where to go, but it's not set in stone and Blizzard does occasionally change pretty big points. MoP wasn't even supposed to be the 4th expansion in Blizzard's original plans. If I had to hazard a guess their original plan was to do something more focused around Azshara, but opted not to for various reasons. Blizzard clearly originally wanted reinstate Thrall after MoP, but might of reconsidered after they saw the less-then-positive feedback from that idea.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

  16. #36
    I very, very, very much hope that Lor'themar does not become Warchief. Blood Elves shouldn't even be a part of the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

  17. #37
    If Lor'thermar is warchief I'm re-rolling Alliance.

  18. #38
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yes, except Vol'jin has existed since WC3. And he at least had some development in Cataclysm that players seemed to appreciate. Not to mention he's getting his own novel.

    I would be surprised if it wasn't Vol'jin at this point.



    They most certainly didn't. They even said at one point you were meant to watch him mature and grow into his position as Warchief. You can tell from the his short story, to early Cataclysm quests, he was written completely different than he is now. They choose to make him a villian after all the negative reaction to him Ulduar and beyond.
    Actually, they said they always intended his term to be short. They made him the polar opposite of Thrall. They intended for players to hate him. And were surprised when players liked him as warchief.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    I very, very, very much hope that Lor'themar does not become Warchief. Blood Elves shouldn't even be a part of the Horde.
    Whatever you say, Garrosh.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 07:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Actually, they said they always intended his term to be short. They made him the polar opposite of Thrall. They intended for players to hate him. And were surprised when players liked him as warchief.
    Yep. It turns out racist tyrants actually strike a chord among some players, which probably caught Blizzard off guard.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-03-01 at 07:32 PM.

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    I very, very, very much hope that Lor'themar does not become Warchief. Blood Elves shouldn't even be a part of the Horde.
    You have too much of a focus on aesthetics, not enough on culture.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •