Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Haven't we had enough with Orc leaders? Thrall was too peaceful, Garrosh is the complete opposite. I'd say give some other race a chance. I'd be ok with Lor'themar. Why shouldn't he be, because he's an elf? I bet if he was any other race most people would be rooting for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Haven't we had enough with Orc leaders? Thrall was too peaceful, Garrosh is the complete opposite. I'd say give some other race a chance. I'd be ok with Lor'themar. Why shouldn't he be, because he's an elf? I bet if he was any other race most people would be rooting for him.
    Unless he was a goblin.

Lor'Themar as a Warchief?

Yeah. This guy is so tightly tied to the Horde that after he and his people got a more difficult mission he wanted to instantly jump ship.

I mean, okay, I can understand the leaders dilemma here, as if he is thinking about his people in the first place, and considers Garrosh another Garithos. But damn, thats kinda all the personality he received, and none of it suits a Warchief of the Horde. Warchief CANNOT be a person who a few weeks later did not really care about the alliance he is in.

Lor'themar is the next tease tossed in by Blizz. Vol'jin got some attention in 5.1, Lor'themar is getting more in 5.2, and it's very likely that Baine and Sylvanas will get so attention in 5.3(especially if it follows the trend of lore patch to raid patch and so on and so forth). Of course Blizz already decided who the next Warchief will be, they're just keeping us on our toes and running back on forth on the subject to keep us interested. While my vote goes to Vol'jin, we won't know until the end of the expansion, and that's exactly how they want it to be.

I'd personally see a stalemate until Garrosh falls, after that it's open for civil war. I do however think it will come down to either Vol'jin or Lorthemar. Baine has only 'recently' taken the leadership of TB, and while he may be capable, he may also be too inexperienced. Vol'jin himself has a wound, and during the dagger in the dark scenario he is wounded severely. I don't see Thrall returning to leadership, it is war afterall, and ever since cata thrall has become a person too neutral to lead a group of factions in battle. Lorthe'mar as (interim) warchief would make sense with his recent rise, and the 5.2 trailer showing him as leading the horde. We'll have to see if it becomes war, a council or whatever else Blizz can come up with, but right now I personally am thinking of Lorthe'mar. I guess only time will tell..
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Deleted
    Lorthemar will be the founding father of the Horde Council or something. That is what a bird told me. don't know if legit.

Edit: apparently lorthemar and many others dislike how garrosh makes the decisions without advice. Garrosh going crazy is the immediate result of a coup against him and forming a council (or something similar) is needed to be on par with alliance politics.
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2013-03-02 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Lorthemar will be the founding father of the Horde Council or something. That is what a bird told me. don't know if legit.

Edit: apparently lorthemar and many others dislike how garrosh makes the decisions without advice. Garrosh going crazy is the immediate result of a coup against him and forming a council (or something similar) is needed to be on par with alliance politics.
    Birds are lying bastards, never believe them. Especially penguins, those guys wouldn't tell you the truth if their life depended on it.

On a more serious note, I generally see the concept of a Horde council as a separate discussion from who the next Warchief will be. It's pretty unlikely such a council won't at least have a figurehead of some kind and that figurehead will probably be called Warchief if for no other reason then tradition.

As for Lor'themar, while I do see his influence in the Horde taking a serious uptick, I don't believe he'll be Warchief. I don't think people (be they in universe, players, or even Blizzard) are ready for a Blood Elf Warchief. Trolls and Tauren are about the only non-Orcs who might be able to pull it off at this stage.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i went LOLWUT?! when i read this: "Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief."...while i know next to nothing about lor'themar's lore and backstory though....

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, this would be amazing. I'm not sure he would want to do it though (he never wanted to rule the Blood Elves, either). It would be an interesting twist, and 5.2 really showed that he is a decent character.

I'm just glad that a sentence like that isn't so far fetched anymore. Before MoP (and Jaina: Tides of War), he had little to no personality. Glad to see Blood Elves got some love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    Well lets look at what we know about Lor'themar

He and Sylvanas are easily the two eldest leaders of the Horde. Unsure which is older. Both served together in the Second War

He presides over the Sunwell. The only power available to rival the current pressing threat of the Kirin Tor's possession of the Focusing Iris.

Hasn't been very visible until MoP because of homeland problems. He has had to rebuild Silvermoon after the Scourge invasion in the Third War. He has also had to deal with the betrayal of Kael'thas and secure the Sunwell.

Has a succession in place to run Silvermoon in case of his departure to sit in Org. Also would create an interesting dynamic between Rommath and Halduron as to who would be appointed Regent Lord.

Is the one leader that may be able to earn an ounce of Sylv's respect and perhaps keep the Undead in check via coercion instead of the current Kor'kron militancy that keeps the Undead from being an interesting part of current events. Also creates an interesting plot point regarding Koltira.

Is an extremely capable warrior in his own right. He was second only to Sylvanas when she was Ranger-General during the SECOND WAR indicating he has been good in a fight for a very long time.

Of the current major players for Warchief is one of only 3 (arguably) with extensive experience in commanding troops. Sylv and Saurfang being the other two.

Now all that being said I am of the opinion that the "rise" of Lor'themar as a candidate is only there to distract from Saurfang being appointed warchief. The reasoning I use behind Saurfang is that 1) He specifically told Garrosh that he would take care of him himself if he took the orcs towards a dark path; 2) Reluctant leaders make excellent story material; 3) The orcs v. humans mythos would be continued

Thoughts?
    Quoting post of good substance.

The whole Thunder King story here is to supplement the case of the other Horde leadership wanting to bring Garrosh down.
    It's also a moment for Blood Elf players to get to know their leader a bit.

The new warchief will be an orc.

I think he will reform the horde into a council and then select a warchief himself as the others will deem him an excellent leader after the events of 5.1-5.4. This will also mend their relationships if the other races of the horde began to see them as worthy members.

I do not see him as overall warchief though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    i went LOLWUT?! when i read this: "Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief."...while i know next to nothing about lor'themar's lore and backstory though....
    We knew next to nothing about Garrosh either, until Cataclysm. At least he was a proper race to lead, even if we hate him.

Lor'themar's personality, characteristics on an Orc? Fantastic Warchief!

The fact that he's a Blood Elf? NO WAY. No way would any of the races rally behind a Blood Elf, its as ridiculous as a Gnome leading the Alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you listen to the interview (with Gamebreaker TV), Kosak just says that he wanted blood elf players to learn about their leader, get to see him in action, and feel like he's a potential candidate for Warchief.

I think he would be a good Warchief, but I think it'll ultimately fall to someone from one of the three tribal races. Vol'jin has also been hinted somewhat heavily, but I feel like he's too shadowy and mysterious to work well as the face of the Horde. My number one choice would be Baine. Baine's strong, confident, wise, has developed strong leadership abilities, and forged a friendship with the prince of Stormwind.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    We knew next to nothing about Garrosh either, until Cataclysm. At least he was a proper race to lead, even if we hate him.
    he was a minor character in BC and a major one in Wrath, i wldnt consider that "next to nothing"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    The reason this would make sense is because after dealing with a "leader" that threatened and forced everyone to do what he wanted, they would probably all be in favor of sharing say in what the Horde does.
    And then never come to a conclusion on anything because everyone thinks their idea is the best?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Of course he's a potential Warchief, so are the rest of the Horde Leaders... I just don't think Lor'themar will be the one to receive that title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I think he would be a good Warchief, but I think it'll ultimately fall to someone from one of the three tribal races.
    One of the tribal races is a good way to put it. My primary discomfort with a Blood Elf Warchief is that it would completely change the tone of the Horde. I've always enjoyed the tribal survivalist feel of Horde side questing and areas. Elves are so... I dunno, aristocratic. It would be weird. Just throw off the whole vibe.

And I say that as someone with a Goblin main. I love Goblins to bits and they are my favorite but it would be just as weird and off-putting to see a Goblin Warchief as it would be to see an Elven one. Tribal Vanilla race or bust. Orc, Troll, or Tauren.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Meh, Horde with a non-orc warchief is like Great Britain with a black queen.
    or the USA with a BLACK president, totally impossible, oh wait ....

Blood elf are the most popular race among the Horde,

I don't have a problem with that

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    At this point, it'd be beyond rage if Lor'Themar became Warchief. No amount of story or justification would lead me to appreciate Lor'Themar to be warchief of the Horde. What right do the Blood Elves even HAVE to lead the Horde? They're barely Horde themselves. Making a Blood Elf warchief is pure, unbridled fan catering and NOTHING more. It would be like Blizzard went to an RP server and said "hmm, 60% of all Horde players on RP realms are Blood Elf? I bet they'd appreciate this!..."
    And making pathetic troll warchief would not be fan catering? He is so damn useless that he almost got assassinated (wasted oportunity imo, would be a good plot twist if Vol'jin died after all that tough talk)