Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    I don't think you even know what you're writing about, thrall is hardly going to step back and let another younger inexperienced orc lead them down another disastrous path.

thrall is coming back to lead, you will have to accept it.
    Thrall clearly doesn't still have that kind of authority. The Kor'kron (special bodyguards Thrall created) refuse to acknowledge Thrall and attack him on the Echo Isles.

Thrall says: Have I been away so long that you have forgotten who I am?
    Kor'kron Soulbreaker says: Thrall, we no longer answer to you. We have a new Warchief now. And he has reminded us that we are STRONG!
    Thrall says: These are our Allies! You watch over them like they're a threat. Why? You WILL answer to me!
    Kor'kron Soulbreaker says: No! Never again!

"The orcs have changed. My Horde has changed. Do I kill my fellow orcs until it is once again "my" Horde? Do I have any right to try force the Horde to be what it once was?"

If Thrall had any kind of political power/support, he could just walk up to Garrosh take Warchief back. But he doesn't and he can't.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

Personally, despite Lor'themar being one of the few Warcraft characters I really like, I wouldn't want him to be Warchief. To start, I don't like it aesthetically. The title 'Warchief' is much too unrefined to be held by one of the Sin'dorei and 'The Horde' is much too savage a name for a Thalassian to lead it. If he did become leader of the Horde races, they would have to change their name to 'The Assemblage' and its leader would have the title of 'Chairman of the Inter-Continental Association of United Races'. That would be more appropriate, I feel.

But, my main gripe with the idea of Lor'themar becoming Warchief of the Horde is a selfish one. He's a damn good leader and I don't want to share him with the other Horde races. Quel'Thalas is still in the recovery/building stage in the years after the Third War and then the civil war with Kael, so it needs a strong-willed and sharp-minded head of state whose primary focus remains on domestic affairs and the prosperity of the elves, not divided among the other races of the Horde.
    Plus, with him finally getting some facetime (and a good voice actor) I don't want him to hold such an important position, which might entail the risk of him taking some form of fall like the one Garrosh is currently doomed too. I can imagine assassins going after him, if he had to move to Orgrimmar to govern the Horde, because I'm sure a large number of orcs wouldn't particularly care about his security.

The one thing that I would like as a potential consequence of Lor'themar's receiving the mantle of Warchief is that, seeing as the Warchief does not explicitly have to govern from Orgrimmar or Kalimdor, it could mean he chooses to govern from Silvermoon, which might give Blizzard a reason to finally focus on updating the zone, showing some of the rebuilding progress that has occured over the last decade.

My vote is going for Vol'jin. Lor'themar, though I like him in 5.2, isn't the one who can lead the WHOLE horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Thrall clearly doesn't still have that kind of authority. The Kor'kron (special bodyguards Thrall created) refuse to acknowledge Thrall and attack him on the Echo Isles.

Thrall says: Have I been away so long that you have forgotten who I am?
    Kor'kron Soulbreaker says: Thrall, we no longer answer to you. We have a new Warchief now. And he has reminded us that we are STRONG!
    Thrall says: These are our Allies! You watch over them like they're a threat. Why? You WILL answer to me!
    Kor'kron Soulbreaker says: No! Never again!

"The orcs have changed. My Horde has changed. Do I kill my fellow orcs until it is once again "my" Horde? Do I have any right to try force the Horde to be what it once was?"

If Thrall had any kind of political power/support, he could just walk up to Garrosh take Warchief back. But he doesn't and he can't.
    he hasn't taken power back simply because the storyline hasn't been written yet ingame... nothing to do with lack of support.

thrall has the support of every other leader horde leader, a few orcs loyal to garrosh isn't much. Orcs respect strength as leadership, when thrall comes back and beats garrosh, the orcs will recognize his leadership
    Last edited by jonoy8; 2013-03-03 at 11:48 AM.

I hope he wont be Warchief. I mean yeah currently hes a cool leader, but dont forget that the blood elves actually have a very low population. The idea that few rule over so many seems odd to me. And the blood elves weren't a founding member of the Horde either. I just want Thrall back ; ( I hope Thrall will challenge Garrosh to a duel for leadership, kill him in front of the masses spectating the Mak'gora and then remind the orcs that they have always been strong and can be strong without dismissing honor.
    Last edited by Taftvalue; 2013-03-03 at 11:53 AM.
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

Jaina dies, Sylvanas raises her as an undead, Jaina for warchief
    dictated but not read.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    After all this "Who is going to be the next Warchief!?" stuff; I would laugh if Thrall went, " Our next Warchief is...................DEMOCRACY!"
    Now that would be a twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Now that would be a twist.
    Would be kinda weird, since no horde faction has a democracy to begin with^^
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

I don't know if I would agree with Lor'themar being Warchief. I can agree with some that say "Warchief" and "Horde" aren't exactly the high-class words that a Blood Elf would want to bear personally. Even though they ARE part of the Horde, their ideals, architecture, and way of life is much different than that of the Orcs. Though, I do love Lor'themar, even more now since he has the same voice actor as Fenris from Dragon Age II.

My biggest gripe about Lor'themar being Warchief (or, anyone other than an Orc) would be the fact that the Orcs would have no one to represent them within the Horde. The Blood Elves would then have a leader, as well as the leader of the Horde itself. The other races would have a person they would answer to that understands them and can speak personally on their level - except the Orcs. It would be more acceptable if Vol'jin would be Warchief because he and his people fit more into Orcish life, and they have been a part of the (new) Horde since nearly day one. However, the Orcs still wouldn't have their champion in that scenario.

I feel like Lor'themar himself would make a good leader over all the Horde, but I feel like the story would suffer, and the fanbase wouldn't quite agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Would be kinda weird, since no horde faction has a democracy to begin with^^
    Does anyone have a democracy?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

People wanted more Blood Elf developments, well....if this goes through, all i can say is "here's a bloody huge one"
    OP: Lor'Themar could be a really good leader imo.

Yes the gnomes ;P
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

he would be a terrible warchief

Eh... The gnomes have a kind of weird quasi-democratic meritocracy going on where they elect a monarch (lifelong), the 'High Tinker'. Presumably for showing ingenuity, imagination, inquisitiveness, tenacity and the other more general qualities one might look for in a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    he would be a terrible warchief
    Care to elaborate why?

He shouldn't become warchief ,I agree but not because he would be a bad one, no he would be wasted on the orcs.

I don't think he has enough weight among other races and leaders, nor do the Blood Elves in general. Their alliance with the Horde was an alliance of convenience, it's not as deep a bond as the Tauren, Trolls and Orcs share. I'd say a leader for the Horde would have to come from one of those three races. Hopefully it'll be Saurfang, he's got everything a good Warchief needs and he did promise that he'd kill Garrosh himself if he led their people down the old road again (which is what Garrosh has been doing).

Quote Originally Posted by Krazus View Post
    Their alliance with the Horde was an alliance of convenience, it's not as deep a bond as the Tauren, Trolls and Orcs share. I'd say a leader for the Horde would have to come from one of those three races.
    I wouldn't use that bond as an example anymore, since it is most likely history by now, replaced by mistrust. After the whole ordeal is over the orcs could be viewed as the new forsaken so to speak, mistrusted by all.

I wouldn't use that bond as an example anymore, since it is most likely history by now, replaced by mistrust. After the whole ordeal is over the orcs could be viewed as the new forsaken so to speak, mistrusted by all.
    I doubt that. I'd imagine the tauren and trolls know that it's the actions of Garrosh and his close supporters causing the problems. I think it would take a bit more than a few mean orcs to break the bond with the entire race responsible for making sure Darkspear and tauren still exist at all.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I think that will depend on how the coup d'etat plays out. If a faction of Orcs are in on it, it might salvage the bond. If it's the rest of the Horde rebelling against the Orcs, then yeah, the bond will be history.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I doubt that. I'd imagine the tauren and trolls know that it's the actions of Garrosh and his close supporters causing the problems. I think it would take a bit more than a few mean orcs to break the bond with the entire race responsible for making sure Darkspear and tauren still exist at all.
    The bond with the trolls is most likely in shambles because of the occupation force, which Garrosh sent to properly take care of them, the tauren might continue to trust them but I doubt they will be as close as they used to be, the orcs walked a path neither agreed with and dragged them along, not to mention a tauren tribe considered leaving the horde because of garrosh.