Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Well, if you cast aside him being a war hero in the Second War (fighting with Turalyon in both Quel'Thalas and Lordaeron), second-in-command to Sylvanas during the third, a zombie apocalypse survivor (who, unlike most of the other elves, fought to the Sunwell instead of away from it), the temporary leader of the high elf survivors and the official regent after their name change, a savvy politician, a frequent Horde commander in 5.1 and their main boss in 5.2, and that small matter of being the sovereign ruler of a country his people once held with ten times their current manpower...

All in all, I think he's both been through and achieved quite a bit. His repertoire is more impressive than a lot of the other racial leaders' imo.
    *cough*Vol'jin*cough*

When you compare Lor'themar's history with Vol'jin's, it's really sort of a joke.

Lor'themar did all that, while Vol'jin's record is as follows: gave some advice to Rexxar, got driven from the Echo Isles by Zalazane, built Sen'jin Village, tapped the keg at Brewfest, stood around outside Undercity while Thrall and Sylvanas reclaimed it, finally reclaimed the Echos Isles and killed that naga, recruited heroes to fight the Zandalari, got wounded by Garrosh's assassins, spent a really long time in bed.

A blood elf focus to the horde would break the game. It MUST be about orcs vs. humans. Otherwise the game willl degenerate into something interesting, which is unthinkable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    A blood elf focus to the horde would break the game. It MUST be about orcs vs. humans. Otherwise the game willl degenerate into something interesting, which is unthinkable.
    It already IS interesting. The game is more interesting and fun than it's been in years.

no one wants a blood elf leader of the horde

orcs especially would NOT be ruled by someone other than their own

Herald of the Titans
    Lor'Themar Theron wants to kill Garrosh because he disagrees with his bloodthirsty warring attitude.
    Vol'Jin wants Garrosh dead due to the assassination attempt.
    Baine wants to kill him as vengeance for his father.
    Sylvanas and Gallywix probably don't care as they have their own agendas they are trying to deal with.

And the Alliance wants him dead. It really isn't that hard.

As for replacements, I have a nice list of candidates:
    -Thrall, Orc
    -Saurfang, Orc
    -Eitrigg, Orc
    -Nazgrim, Orc
    -Baine, Tauren
    -Vol'jin, Troll
    -Lor'Themar, Blood Elf

There aren't very many Tauren that are close to the War Council, so I can't really list too many of them. Same goes for all the non-Orc races of the Horde.

He's probably the second best alternative to Thrall.

I'd consider him a better leader if it wasn't for the fact that the horde leader should be an orc imo.

Herald of the Titans
    I agree, I think Lor'themar probably has the most wisdom at the mantle of a nation both during war and not. I mean he has been RegetLord since Kael'thas left, but I'm sure he has held the leadership of the Elven armies prior to that. And we have no idea how old he is, and with that he may be the wisest ruler of the Horde. Vol'jin, Baine, and Sylvanas seem to be young compared to him.

I'm going with either him or Vol'jin. They're the ones really running the show in MoP for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Lor'Themar Theron wants to kill Garrosh because he disagrees with his bloodthirsty warring attitude.
    Vol'Jin wants Garrosh dead due to the assassination attempt.
    Baine wants to kill him as vengeance for his father.
    Sylvanas and Gallywix probably don't care as they have their own agendas they are trying to deal with.

And the Alliance wants him dead. It really isn't that hard.

As for replacements, I have a nice list of candidates:
    -Thrall, Orc
    -Saurfang, Orc
    -Eitrigg, Orc
    -Nazgrim, Orc
    -Baine, Tauren
    -Vol'jin, Troll
    -Lor'Themar, Blood Elf

There aren't very many Tauren that are close to the War Council, so I can't really list too many of them. Same goes for all the non-Orc races of the Horde.
    Thrall, by his own words, knows himself to be too old-fashioned and out of touch with what is needed.

Thrall didn't pick Saurfang the first time because he's too old.

Thrall didn't pick Eitrigg the first time because he's too old.

Baine is pretty much the same as Cairne. Thrall didn't pick Cairne because he was too old-fashioned and out of touch with what was needed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Thrall, by his own words, knows himself to be too old-fashioned and out of touch with what is needed.

Baine is pretty much the same as Cairne. Thrall didn't pick Cairne because he was too old-fashioned and out of touch with what was needed.
    thrall isn't old

it's going to be thrall coming back to lead, you really think they are just going to write out thrall again.

it's not going to be vol'jin either, trolls have always seemed content to just follower the orcs leadership.
    Last edited by jonoy8; 2013-03-03 at 08:22 AM.

no just no on a blood elf as warchief i can see a troll or tauren but hell no on blood elf

After all this "Who is going to be the next Warchief!?" stuff; I would laugh if Thrall went, " Our next Warchief is...................DEMOCRACY!"

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    After all this "Who is going to be the next Warchief!?" stuff; I would laugh if Thrall went, " Our next Warchief is...................DEMOCRACY!"
    Then a huge orc wearing bifocals and holding voting ballots emerges from the shadows, takes a bow.

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    thrall isn't old

it's going to be thrall coming back to lead, you really think they are just going to write out thrall again.

it's not going to be vol'jin either, trolls have always seemed content to just follower the orcs leadership.
    Old-fashioned != old
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

WRONG! He didn't pick Baine because he thought he was too young. :3

Old-fashioned != old
    that doesn't even make sense, thrall doesn't think the old shamanistic ways need to be changed

garrosh is the "progressive" one, we see how well that is working out.

if anything it's just more proof to thrall he needs to lead the orcs

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    that doesn't even make sense, thrall doesn't think the old shamanistic ways need to be changed

garrosh is the "progressive" one, we see how well that is working out.

if anything it's just more proof to thrall he needs to lead the orcs
    Because he's the hero the Orcs deserve, but not the one they need right now. Thrall picked Garrosh because he's a warrior; a war hero from Northrend. Most of the Orcs don't follow shamanism. 2 generations of Orcs grew up knowing nothing about shamanism and being cut off from the elements/spirits. Thrall is a relic of the past. Shamanism is good for the Orcs' future, but they aren't ready for it yet.

Because he's the hero the Orcs deserve, but not the one they need right now. Thrall picked Garrosh because he's a warrior; a war hero from Northrend. Most of the Orcs don't follow shamanism. 2 generations of Orcs grew up knowing nothing about shamanism and being cut off from the elements/spirits. Thrall is a relic of the past. Shamanism is good for the Orcs' future, but they aren't ready for it yet.
    I don't think you even know what you're writing about, thrall is hardly going to step back and let another younger inexperienced orc lead them down another disastrous path.

thrall is coming back to lead, you will have to accept it.

I believe it's going to be a Orc,and that its going to be Thrall. How would you reign in the left over orcs who still believe in Garrosh's pre crazy ways? The majority of young orcs were very happy with his rule in cata.

Also, if you're a young Orc why would you listen to some elf who stayed in his city for the events of bc,wotlk,cata and half of mop? He finally does something and its to stand in the way of said young orcs.

Only Thrall can clean this mess up.
    Last edited by Owl blue; 2013-03-03 at 11:17 AM.

Imo that would be too much too soon. He just received his share of awesome after years of being a largely unknown nobody, I think they should hit the breaks a little with him after 5.2.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.