Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Considering the vast majority of the orcs stands firmly behind Garrosh, I guess there will be a few prominent Orcs in the rebellion but as long as the vast majority of the orcs does not rise to get rid of Garrosh the orcs are as good as isolated in the horde. As far nothing Garrosh did was horrible enough for the orcs , not even transforming his soldiers into sha like beings, I have little hope there will be a lot of orcs supporting the rebellion at this point.
    No idea what you're basing that on but ok. It's possible but I personally doubt it will happen.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    No idea what you're basing that on but ok. It's possible but I personally doubt it will happen.
    Garrosh was specifically chosen by Thrall because he would be accepted and supported by the orcs. Garrosh hasn't done anything to piss them off, so there's no reason to believe their attitude towards him has soured.

In De-Subjugation, Thrall says "The orcs have changed. My Horde has changed. Do I kill my fellow orcs until it is once again "my" Horde? Do I have any right to try force the Horde to be what it once was?" It sounds like a majority of orcs are with Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Garrosh was specifically chosen by Thrall because he would be accepted and supported by the orcs. Garrosh hasn't done anything to piss them off, so there's no reason to believe their attitude towards him has soured.In De-Subjugation, Thrall says "The orcs have changed. My Horde has changed. Do I kill my fellow orcs until it is once again "my" Horde? Do I have any right to try force the Horde to be what it once was?" It sounds like a majority of orcs are with Garrosh.
    That seems like a stretch to me that is still assuming far too much about what will happen in the following patches but I can see why you would think that way. The majority of the orcs wouldn't be against Garrosh because they simply have no way of knowing what he's done.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    After doing some searching, some minor factions/regions use democracy. As a disclaimer, all this info is from WoWpedia and I can't verify the sources.

Places with elected councils are: Darnassus, Ashenvale, Hillsbrad Foothills (original), Darkshore (original), Dustwallow Marsh, and Crossroads.

Places with democracy are: Redridge Mountains, Duskwood, Darkshire, Elwynn Forest and Gnomes.

Swamp of Sorrows (original) had a participatory democracy. Dalaran's mageocracy isn't a democracy, but it has democratic elements.
    Huh. Interesting, thanks.
    Now that you mention it, I do vaguely remember them talking, in passing, about electing the governor or w/e in Redridge and while the areas you mentioned probably were democratic on a local level, I wager they're probably still very subservient to the absolute monarchy in Stormwind and the house of Wrynn.
    I'm curious about why Crossroads was listed, I'll have to check it out.

I suppose Westfall, after Defias began their revolt, became a territory that was in a mixed state of anarchism and anarchy. With Defias running plundering, pillaging and being a general nuisance on the one had and the organised, volunteer militia of regular-Joe citizens on the other.

I imagine that the Allerian Stronghold settlement in Terokkar was a relatively participatory/inclusive and mutually-cooperative community, despite Auric Sunchaser being the technical leader of the Outpost (presumably based on military rank). They presumed (rightly, with the knowledge they had) that they were a racially-plural group of mixed nationalities trapped on an alien world, away from their various nations and their kings, and they were there for a couple of decades. A community that small doesn't last very long if someone tries to become a dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    I would love to see Lor't in WC... It would be a big change, since orgrimmar will be destroyed and the horde needs to repair or move of Orgrimmar..
    Vol'jin is great and Baine is good as well.. i WANT Lor'themar as WC but I GUESS that Vol'jin woll take it... Btw, One of Alliance Leader shall go to the hell with Garrosh... Really hoping that'll be Variann (he sucks)
    Don't worry, it wont be Varian.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    Crossroads having an elected council is on the Barrens (original) page. I haven't been able to find any other reference to it.

Deleted
    Crossroads having an elected council is on the Barrens (original) page. I haven't been able to find any other reference to it.
    Ah, okay. That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    "Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief." - hah, considering our last discussion here over the dilema "Who is gonna lead the horde after Garrosh?" we can now just patiently wait for fabulous, gorgeous and stylish horde. Fantastic Can't wait!
    source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...he-Daily-Blink

I can't stop laughing tbh.
    People are reading too much into this. He's a potential warchief just like Sylvanas, Baine, Vol'jin, Gallywix, etc are.

After doing some searching, some minor factions/regions use democracy. As a disclaimer, all this info is from WoWpedia and I can't verify the sources.

Places with elected councils are: Darnassus, Ashenvale, Hillsbrad Foothills (original), Darkshore (original), Dustwallow Marsh, and Crossroads.

Places with democracy are: Redridge Mountains, Duskwood, Darkshire, Elwynn Forest and Gnomes.

Swamp of Sorrows (original) had a participatory democracy. Dalaran's mageocracy isn't a democracy, but it has democratic elements.
    From the sounds of it someone listed anywhere with a "Mayor" as being a democratic government. In reality there is no guarantee such towns are actually democratic, or at least democratic in any sense we'd understand it. Or it might of been something from the RPG, which are no longer canon.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    People are reading too much into this. He's a potential warchief just like Sylvanas, Baine, Vol'jin, Gallywix, etc are.
    Exactly this. If someone asked a question about Goblins, Undead, etc. etc. Kosak would of given the same answer "Leader of race X is a possible warchief" But since Blood Elves have become the poster child of the new age of Horde players, it was bound to be a question directed towards Blood Elf lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    Huh. Interesting, thanks.
    Now that you mention it, I do vaguely remember them talking, in passing, about electing the governor or w/e in Redridge and while the areas you mentioned probably were democratic on a local level, I wager they're probably still very subservient to the absolute monarchy in Stormwind and the house of Wrynn.

I suppose Westfall, after Defias began their revolt, became a territory that was in a mixed state of anarchism and anarchy. With Defias running plundering, pillaging and being a general nuisance on the one had and the organised, volunteer militia of regular-Joe citizens on the other.

I imagine that the Allerian Stronghold settlement in Terokkar was a relatively participatory/inclusive and mutually-cooperative community, despite Auric Sunchaser being the technical leader of the Outpost (presumably based on military rank). They presumed (rightly, with the knowledge they had) that they were a racially-plural group of mixed nationalities trapped on an alien world, away from their various nations and their kings, and they were there for a couple of decades. A community that small doesn't last very long if someone tries to become a dictator.
    Dude. You dug all that out from a bunch of NPCs handing "kill ten rats, collect ten craps" quests? Dude, you're deep.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I am basing it on Shattering, it is stated the young Orcs practically worship Garrosh, while the old ones don't agree with the direction the horde is headed and the generation in between is all but eradicated, because of constant warfare. So unless that changes drastically, I have little hope the orcs will be that popular in the future within the horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Dude. You dug all that out from a bunch of NPCs handing "kill ten rats, collect ten craps" quests? Dude, you're deep.
    Hehe, I guess I tend to over-think bits of lore I'm interested in.

(Urgh! So many spelling errors looking at that post again! I should really read through planned posts before submitting them when I'm tired! >.<)

Personally, I think it will be Vol'jin. It's a mixture of gut feeling, the fact that he was Thrall's best friend for a LONG time and saw the mistakes and successes he made, and the fact that he is getting a novel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if he keeps this up, maybe I'll change my mind...

I'm honestly expecting a War-Council with members of all the races and a pseudo Warchief in name only that has the same amount of power as every other member, just like Varian in the Alliance.

Pseudo Warchief :Thrall
    Major Members: Baine Bloodhoof, Vol'jin, Sylvanas Windrunner, Lor'themar Theron, Eitrigg, Jastor Gallywix
    Minor Members: Varok Saurfang, Rexxar, Ji Firepaw, Roanauk Icemist, Zaela, Drek'Thar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Care to elaborate why?

He shouldn't become warchief ,I agree but not because he would be a bad one, no he would be wasted on the orcs.
    He barely gets respect from the belfs, his closest allies the undead treat him as a tool , the rest of the horde barely knows he exists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Well, if he keeps this up, maybe I'll change my mind...
    "Lop the heads of Alliance soldiers..."

*flips hair*

Because, you're worth it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    He barely gets respect from the belfs, his closest allies the undead treat him as a tool , the rest of the horde barely knows he exists.
    He is well respected among his people, he no longer answers to Sylvanas the last time she wanted something he ignored her outright, and the last part is the playerbase and has no meaning lorewise.

Deleted
    He is probably the most UN-interesting choice for the role.

He will probably have the best interest of the Blood Elves in mind rather then the horde when making decisions as a War chief.