Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've been expecting it since the beginning of the expansion. Vol'jin has never wanted to lead and is more at home out in the field getting stuff done, baines too green and both sylvanas and gallywix are terrible one note characters not suited for a main role.

Lore'themar is a perfect counter point to varian. Thrust into a leadership position he wasnt ready for and had to grow into, a swordsman of great skill and puts politics and the welfare of his subjects before anything else.

I'm not a big blood elf fan, but the whole tribal "lock tar ogar" thing has been tried again and again on more than one world, it doesnt work. Would the horde rather see him after all his deeds at the thunder isle? or someone like sylvanas whos done frankly bugger all thus far in the expansion?

They are making him integral to the horde story for a reason. if blizzard just randomly chose to give lore at random we would have seen more dreanei stuff long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I'm just going to requote myself from the beginning of this thread

Now we're at the part where we all argue about BEs and treat them like a seperate faction.
    Not -really-. That's because they're the only race to have something done with them recently that's really up for debate, if something big and important had happened with the tauren we'd all be talking about them.

We're talking about elves because the purge of Dalaran just happened, not because of some inherent fanboyism.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I've been expecting it since the beginning of the expansion. Vol'jin has never wanted to lead and is more at home out in the field getting stuff done, baines too green and both sylvanas and gallywix are terrible one note characters not suited for a main role.

Lore'themar is a perfect counter point to varian. Thrust into a leadership position he wasnt ready for and had to grow into, a swordsman of great skill and puts politics and the welfare of his subjects before anything else.

I'm not a big blood elf fan, but the whole tribal "lock tar ogar" thing has been tried again and again on more than one world, it doesnt work. Would the horde rather see him after all his deeds at the thunder isle? or someone like sylvanas whos done frankly bugger all thus far in the expansion?

They are making him integral to the horde story for a reason. if blizzard just randomly chose to give lore at random we would have seen more dreanei stuff long ago.
    Yet still Lor'Themar as the warchief is as silly as making Mekkatorque high king of the Alliance. It doesn't matter if he's extremely intelligent, good with politics and a decisive military strategist (look how he handled Gnomeregan)

Hes a gnome, and it doesn't make sense for a gnome to lead the army of mostly humans. Its the same thing with Lor'Themar as a Warchief of the Horde.

Yet still Lor'Themar as the warchief is as silly as making Mekkatorque high king of the Alliance. It doesn't matter if he's extremely intelligent, good with politics and a decisive military strategist (look how he handled Gnomeregan)

Hes a gnome, and it doesn't make sense for a gnome to lead the army of mostly humans. Its the same thing with Lor'Themar as a Warchief of the Horde.
    Why not? The story shouldn't be constrained by some arbitrary limit like 'whoever's got the most people lorewise leads', it should be 'whoever it makes sense to have lead, leads'
    Twas brillig

An altered model, heavy lore involvement and a new voice actor would suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Why not? The story shouldn't be constrained by some arbitrary limit like 'whoever's got the most people lorewise leads', it should be 'whoever it makes sense to have lead, leads'
    So if the story saw fit, you'd be fine if the Alliance figurehead was a Gnome, and all WoW-players and non-WoW players saw the Alliance as a gnome?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who says it would be at the expense of the story? If anything after the stuff the orcs pulled while Garrosh was in charge, and being the ones that oppossed him the LEAST, I think it'd be hard to justify the rest of the Horde following an orc leader again.
    The problem with that kind of resolution is, any alliance would still be saying the same thing about the orcs after the first war, the same excuse 'well they did terrible things back then so they should never be allowed to roam free again'. Same thing, your arguing that because of what has happened prior to something the orcs should be taken away from there place in the story.

Deleted
    IMO it is a hoax.
    Just them trying to have a little fun with the community.
    Final confirmation of his accention to become the new warchief of the horde will probably come on the 1 of april.

10+ Year Old Account
    they already know who the next warchief is, they've said so.

It's Med'an. He'll appear in the Karazhan revamp that comes out in patch 5.6 after the siege of Org.

Yay!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gamon will be captured during the Siege of Orgrimmar and thrown in the same cell as Hogger which will then produce the future Warchief.

All hail Hogmon!

So if the story saw fit, you'd be fine if the Alliance figurehead was a Gnome, and all WoW-players and non-WoW players saw the Alliance as a gnome?
    Kind of, I think it was a mistake to give the Alliance a 'high king' to begin with but I'd be fine with Gnomes taking a leadership role in operations or them having major characters and such the way humans currently do (though preferably not in a way that squishes out all other races plotlines like they do currently).

I don't know what you mean by everyone 'seeing the Alliance as a gnome'

Anyone who sees the Alliance as a human is missing the point of the Alliance.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 10:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The problem with that kind of resolution is, any alliance would still be saying the same thing about the orcs after the first war, the same excuse 'well they did terrible things back then so they should never be allowed to roam free again'. Same thing, your arguing that because of what has happened prior to something the orcs should be taken away from there place in the story.
    Strawman, I never said 'they should never be allowed to roam free again' don't put words in my mouth.

I said it'd be hard to justify them following an orc leader right after the last one screwed up so bad, and the vast majority of orcs didn't do much about it.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    It's Med'an. He'll appear in the Karazhan revamp that comes out in patch 5.6 after the siege of Org.

Yay!
    Please refrain from using such profane language on MMO-C. I wouldn't want my children to see the M word thrown around so carelessly.

10+ Year Old Account

Strawman, I never said 'they should never be allowed to roam free again' don't put words in my mouth.

I said it'd be hard to justify them following an orc leader right after the last one screwed up so bad, and the vast majority of orcs didn't do much about it.
    Thats not really an argument. Consider human in exactly the same context, Prince Arthas, he made some majorly bad screwups and became a villain, and the one who dammed there lands. By your example, the humans who fled lordearon and came to stormwind (there are examples of this) should themselves feel they should ever trust another human leader for Arthas actions.

They are orcs, the mistakes of one orc leader does not give the right to have someone else representing there kind, how does that even begin to make sense? You can use examples of almost every race where they have rotten eggs who did evil things, so why haven't those races done what your suggesting? Night elves should have a none nelf leader because of Illidan? The Draenei wanting a human ruler because of what Archimonde and Kil'jaeden became?

Seriously, think about extension here before claiming one race should change there ideals in light of other races not doing any different.

Thats not really an argument. Consider human in exactly the same context, Prince Arthas, he made some majorly bad screwups and became a villain, and the one who dammed there lands. By your example, the humans who fled lordearon and came to stormwind (there are examples of this) should themselves feel they should ever trust another human leader for Arthas actions.

They are orcs, the mistakes of one orc leader does not give the right to have someone else representing there kind, how does that even begin to make sense? You can use examples of almost every race where they have rotten eggs who did evil things, so why haven't those races done what your suggesting? Night elves should have a none nelf leader because of Illidan? The Draenei wanting a human ruler because of what Archimonde and Kil'jaeden became?

Seriously, think about extension here before claiming one race should change there ideals in light of other races not doing any different.
    False Equivalence. That's not my example.

Arthas was never a major leader, he was under Uther's tutelage and was only a prince, he didn't have any authority to command say, the elves or the dwarves unlike Garrosh has as warchief.

Moreover, of course the race of the guy that screwed up is always going to support one of their own succeeding him, that's not what I'm arguing.

I'm arguing -everyone else-, the trolls, the tauren would likely not support another orc.
    Twas brillig

Argument is skewed.
    -Arthas took Lordaeron by force (killing them/raising them as undead)
    -Illidan went rogue from the Nelfs
    -Archimonde and Kiljaeden joined the Legion

Garrosh, on the other hand, is THE Horde proper. He's not even like Gul'dan who sold the Horde out to the Legion for example... He has his willing orc followes behind him.

The Orcs of course will have their new racial leader but the leader of the entire Horde is up for grabs following Garrosh's exit.

False Equivalence. That's not my example.

Arthas was never a major leader, he was under Uther's tutelage and was only a prince, he didn't have any authority to command say, the elves or the dwarves unlike Garrosh has as warchief.

Moreover, of course the race of the guy that screwed up is always going to support one of their own succeeding him, that's not what I'm arguing.

I'm arguing -everyone else-, the trolls, the tauren would likely not support another orc.
    Orcs have shown exceptional leadership skills in the past, skills the Trolls and Tauren owe their lives too. If one bad apple caused strife and was quickly dispatched, why should the Orcs never be trusted again? Thrall can no longer be trusted by the Trolls or Tauren? Saurfang? Nazgrim?

Why would anybody trust Lor'Themar Theron then? By your logic, Kael'Thas should of doomed his people from ever leading the Horde. He was, after all, the King of Quel'Thalas.

Orcs have shown exceptional leadership skills in the past, skills the Trolls and Tauren owe their lives too. If one bad apple caused strife and was quickly dispatched, why should the Orcs never be trusted again? Thrall can no longer be trusted by the Trolls or Tauren? Saurfang? Nazgrim?
    Who is talking about forever? The Orcs in general screwed up badly here and should be mistrusted for some time.

Why would anybody trust Lor'Themar Theron then? By your logic, Kael'Thas should of doomed his people from ever leading the Horde. He was, after all, the King of Quel'Thalas.

Lor'themar shouldn't be warchief, I agree because he puts his people above the rest of the horde, that much is certain. Still the main difference here is , the vast majority of his people rose against him, the moment they realized what he had done and was going to do. The orcs on the other hand seem to embrace it all, except for a few dissidents.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-03-05 at 04:42 PM.

Why is everyone putting words in my mouth? I'm not saying the orcs should never be trusted again, and this isn't quickly dispatched, this is several years of war.

Which is why I don't personally think it'll be Lor'themar, but I don't think it'll be an orc either.
    Twas brillig