Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    "Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief." - hah, considering our last discussion here over the dilema "Who is gonna lead the horde after Garrosh?" we can now just patiently wait for fabulous, gorgeous and stylish horde. Fantastic Can't wait!
    source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...he-Daily-Blink

I can't stop laughing tbh.
    If that means a revamped silvermoon becomes our factions capitol after we nuke... erm, siege orgrimaar, then I for one welcome our new blood elven overlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Theron did take the warchief mantle who would step up to lead the blood elves, would he lead both?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    He needs to lead the Blood Elves as a race into becoming more than just a never-ending gay joke and go-to race of Anime roleplayers. Make them do something important, become something more than just crack-addicted pretty boys. Maybe like the Hordes "Councilors of Magic" who work alongside the new Warchief.
    That image will never fade to be honest, there are far too many people out there who hate them simply because they are elves, but that does not matter they got decent development and that is enough for some time, blizzard should shift their attention elsewhere for now.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNxJoN View Post
    If Theron did take the warchief mantle who would step up to lead the blood elves, would he lead both?
    Rommath
    Halduron
    Liadrin

Take a pick ^^

Thrall was Warchief -and- led the Orcs so I don't see why not, granted he was in his own races city while Lor'themar would probably have to lead from Org if he were Warchief (which I still doubt, I'm hoping Vol'jin), so he'd likely have someone like Rommath or Halduron run Silvermoon or at least keep tabs on it.
    Twas brillig

It sounds like based on the Kovak interview that there's a coup in 5.3 and Garrosh is besieged in 5.4. Ignoring the question as to why Garrosh needs to be besieged to begin with (is he going to summon the Legion? does he have another Divine Bell-ish weapon? is Gamon's rescue necessary to save Azeroth?), the fact that a coup predates the siege indicates to me that the majority of the Horde supports the leader of the coup against Garrosh.

Which frankly eliminates Theron in my mind for now.

Garrosh will do something that spurs the coup, of course. But the leader of the coup has to be someone whose opposition to Garrosh is legitimately shared by Orcs as well as BElfs, etc. I don't see a scenario where your average everyday Orc supports Theron against Garrosh. Vol'jin is a possibility, but the history of antagonism between Vol'jin and Garrosh tends to make me think a Vol'jin coup would split the Horde, not gain the support of it. Ditto Baine (altho the history is not as direct as it is with Vol'jin).

I feel like it has to be an Orc that leads the coup. Hopefully not Thrall.

Now, this doesn't preclude a non-Orc Warchief post-5.4. But until such time as Garrosh is finally dealt with, I'm having a hard time with envisioning any non-Orc as Warchief.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I would love to see Theron crowned the new King of Silvermoon. I think it would be an event that would finally signal an end to the tragedy of the Blood Elves.

But I would definitely not like to see him take up the mantle of Warchief. For that job we need an Orc, a strong one. One who can redeem the title of Orcish Warchief. One who will bring strength and honor back to the Horde.

I really hope they don't pick another race to lead the Horde. Not because I don't think they're capable, but because it just furthers the stereotype that Orcs are "bad" and no-good warmongers.

I would imagine Saurfang because of the foreshadowing. But I could also see Nazgrim making a character transformation and leading the charge against Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    It sounds like based on the Kovak interview that there's a coup in 5.3 and Garrosh is besieged in 5.4. Ignoring the question as to why Garrosh needs to be besieged to begin with (is he going to summon the Legion? does he have another Divine Bell-ish weapon? is Gamon's rescue necessary to save Azeroth?), the fact that a coup predates the siege indicates to me that the majority of the Horde supports the leader of the coup against Garrosh.

Garrosh will do something that spurs the coup, of course. But the leader of the coup has to be someone whose opposition to Garrosh is legitimately shared by Orcs as well as BElfs, etc. I don't see a scenario where your average everyday Orc supports Theron against Garrosh. Vol'jin is a possibility, but the history of antagonism between Vol'jin and Garrosh tends to make me think a Vol'jin coup would split the Horde, not gain the support of it. Ditto Baine (altho the history is not as direct as it is with Vol'jin).

Now, this doesn't preclude a non-Orc Warchief post-5.4. But until such time as Garrosh is finally dealt with, I'm having a hard time with envisioning any non-Orc as Warchief.
    This, Lor'themar is -qualified- for warchief but lacks the popular support, I'd prefer Vol'jin to lead the coup but honestly, Blizz is probably going to put an orc in place.

I just pray it's not Baine.

At the same time, I doubt that just because an orc must kick off the rebellion in order to get the rest of the orcs onboard that doesn't automatically mean he/she is going to be warchief.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account

How come you're leaving Sylvanas out of the equation last i checked she despised garrosh. Her and theron/blood elves are on pretty good terms too right?
    That tag team could work.

How come you're leaving Sylvanas out of the equation last i checked she despised garrosh. Her and theron/blood elves are on pretty good terms too right?
    Not after his short story they're not.
    Twas brillig

Her and theron/blood elves are on pretty good terms too right?
    Lor'themar does not like Sylvanas, quite the opposite.

Because if Sylvanas performed a coup on Garrosh to become Warchief, we'd be besieging Undercity, not Orgrimmar.

You have to think of it from the Orc perspective, not the player perspective. The Orcs are the backbone of the Horde; without their support in a coup, the coup can not be successful.

It's a shame that Orkus got killed, because he'd be my choice.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Yah I could see Baine, altough the event you speak of already happened (potentially), a combination of the failed attempt on Vol'Jinn's life with how he sent little Audiun flying over Panda Land

Quote Originally Posted by topitopi View Post
    Yah I could see Baine, altough the event you speak of already happened (potentially), a combination of the failed attempt on Vol'Jinn's life with how he sent little Audiun flying over Panda Land
    Neither of those events would garner Orc support for a coup. It has to be something obvious and demonstrable to all Orcs that Garrosh has lost his freakin' mind.

Neither of those events would garner Orc support for a coup. It has to be something obvious and demonstrable to all Orcs that Garrosh has lost his freakin' mind.
    Dude I think the Orcs lost their opinion in the matter. Trolls are mad, Tauren are mad, and Blood Elves are mad after Dominance Point. Goblins go with the gold and Thrall is mad. Orcs are backed into a corner on this one

Quote Originally Posted by topitopi View Post
    Dude I think the Orcs lost their opinion in the matter. Trolls are mad, Tauren are mad, and Blood Elves are mad after Dominance Point. Goblins go with the gold and Thrall is mad.
    None of these things matter to the Orc population, which as far as I can determine online, is the largest (lorewise) of the Horde races. Unless you expect 5.4 to be Orcs vs Horde, you have to stop thinking only about a handful of leaders in your calculations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Who says it would be at the expense of the story? If anything after the stuff the orcs pulled while Garrosh was in charge, and being the ones that oppossed him the LEAST, I think it'd be hard to justify the rest of the Horde following an orc leader again.
    Do you stop electing human presidents when one of them screws up? Would you rather let a goldfish or an elephant lead you? :\

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Do you stop electing human presidents when one of them screws up? Would you rather let a goldfish or an elephant lead you? :\
    False equivalence. I'm not suggesting Tauren or Trolls would put an animal in power.

A better IRL example would be not electing a candidate that's from the same party as the last guy.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just Faction change if Lor'themar became Warchief.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    I would just Faction change if Lor'themar became Warchief.
    Given your sig this does not surprise me...
    Twas brillig

None of these things matter to the Orc population, which as far as I can determine online, is the largest (lorewise) of the Horde races. Unless you expect 5.4 to be Orcs vs Horde, you have to stop thinking only about a handful of leaders in your calculations.
    You make my point exactly: lesser on their own, more powerful together. Orcs would lose against a coalition of everyone else any day, especially if the alliance joins in. Obviously it won't be everyone vs the orcs, but when they are faced with that possibility the orcs will realize Garrosh is destroying them like he did Ishiak or whatever that guy's name was