Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    "He who controls the spice, controls the universe."
    ?? i dont understand this one. is that a quote from the spice girls or something. it makes no sense
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    ?? i dont understand this one. is that a quote from the spice girls or something. it makes no sense
    Its a quote from Dune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I'm a big fan of Mr Pratchett, so here are some funny (and quite true) things that he has said.

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."

"It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing."
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

"Fuck to couch, nigga!"
    - Rick James/Dave Chapelle

"If you're going through he'll, keep going."
    - Winston Churchill

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”

Deleted
    "It's all bullshit and it's bad for ya."- George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    "A witty saying proves nothing"
    - voltaire
    The objective is, or rather should be, to invite a thought process rather than to "prove something" via a display of wit and intellect.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Deleted
    She had a pretty gift for quotation which is a serviceable substitute for wit

15+ Year Old Account
    "Go big or go home."
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    "It is good for an uneducated man to read books of quotations" - Winston Churchill

"Since The Beginning, no one has ever stood in the heavens, neither you, nor I, not even God himself, but that emptiness in the throne of heaven will be filled from this day forth, i will be the one to stand in the heavens."
    Aizen Sosuke

"to win means you must have it in your heart"
    -lance Armstrong-
    (lmao well is this quote even valid anymore coming from lance Armstrong)
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
    ---Chinese Proverb---
    Give a man a fire, and it will keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I like that one better.

By hook or by crook, I hope that you will possess of money enough to travel and idle, to contemplate the future or the past of the world, to dream over books and loiter at street corners and let the line of thought dip deep into the stream."
    -Woolf

I found that when in a minecraft custom map, if you can believe that. Inspiration can come from the most unlikely of places.

And after some of the things I've seen, this quote seems strangely appropriate:

I have seen war. I have seen war on land and sea. I have seen blood running from the wounded. I have seen men coughing out their gassed lungs. I have seen the dead in the mud. I have seen cities destroyed. I have seen 200 limping, exhausted men come out of line—the survivors of a regiment of 1,000 that went forward 48 hours before. I have seen children starving. I have seen the agony of mothers and wives. I hate war.
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2013-03-06 at 05:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral." - Paulo Freire
    I have loved this quote ever since the first time I heard it.

Deleted
    "Never give up, never surrender." - Capt. James Nesbitt
    "He who battles with monsters must take care lest he become a monster himself" - Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    "It's all bullshit and it's bad for ya."- George Carlin
    <3
    Last edited by mmoc77c3257ccb; 2013-03-11 at 10:47 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Engineering stimulates the mind. Kids get bored easily. They have got to get out and get their hands dirty: make things, dismantle things, fix things. When the schools can offer that, you'll have an engineer for life." -Bruce Dickinson

"There is nothing in machinery, there is nothing in embankments and railways and iron bridges and engineering devices to oblige them to be ugly. Ugliness is the measure of imperfection." -H.G. Wells

"Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out." -Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship." -Benjamin Franklin

Are a few to name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

“Look around. Look at what we have. Beauty is everywhere—you only have to look to see it.” and “We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.” - Bob Ross, "The Joy of Painting"

10+ Year Old Account
    "There is no spoon" ~ The Matrix

"There is one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance" ~ Socrates

And the song I live my life by

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    "There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
    Is this from FFXIII?

Deleted
    "be sure to take plenty of rest breaks and stay hydrated" - Daria
    "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho marx