Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like how they designed them in MoP. You can get raid quality items without stepping into a dungeon or raid.
    The grand commissions and valor of the ancients really helps too.
    Ultimately I do them for because they are a quick and easy source of gold.

I personally really enjoyed them and I think majority of people that play this game did. Just a minority of whiney entitled people that most likely started playing in WOTLK when everything was handed to you on a silver platter and you got exalted with reputations accidentally.

Is there anyone here that got to experience Vanilla dailies or TBC dailies and Isle of Quel'Dalas that hates dailies? I think people that played in those eras like myself and did those dailies are used to it and actually some-what dont mind doing them so they just get on with it.

It's interesting how MoP is the first expansion out of 4 total expansions that a number of players actually got so angry they decided to write angry messages to blizzard and even un-sub to something as trivial and having to work hard for your reputations.

That my friends is the player base WOTLK and Cata gave birth too.
    Last edited by Smithus; 2013-03-01 at 07:14 PM.

cuz dailies = content, right?

10 kill/collect quests x 20 a day for 30 days that sure sounds like fun and engaging gameplay! I can't wait to log in and play to work so I can play with the stuff I worked for!

Don't get me wrong, repetition is a staple of MMOs and Blizzard with their mounds of money continue taking the easy way out to gate interesting stories and content behind stupid fucking dailies. Then they attach charms to the stupid dailies. Why? The charms are for raiding so why not get charms FROM raiding? Then you can say the dailies are actually optional. If it weren't for charms I'd bet money that there would be less crying about dailies and I'd probably stay subbed.

Stupid design by a stupid game designer. Let's make a shitton of solo daily quests in a MMO and call it a job well done.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Smithus View Post
    I personally really enjoyed them and I think majority of people that play this game did. Just a minority of whiney entitled people that most likely started playing in WOTLK when everything was handed to you on a silver platter and you got exalted with reputations accidentally.

Is there anyone here that got to experience Vanilla dailies or TBC dailies and Isle of Quel'Dalas that hates dailies? I think people that played in those eras like myself and did those dailies are used to it and actually some-what dont mind doing them so they just get on with it.

I enjoyed WOTLK but it gave birth to some of the most narrow-minded naive entitled players I have ever experienced in any games.
    Gave birth? Are you dense? The playerbase did not ask for what happened in WOTLK. Epics were easy enough to get with multiple lockouts in WOTLK, dailies did not feel mandatory, and it's no surprise the game was more fun back then. People enjoyed a wide variety of classes and raiding with friends on alts. Now look where we are.
    Last edited by ihyln; 2013-03-01 at 07:15 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    I have no problems with dailies as a concept. I hit the 10,000 done achievement sometime last October I believe and have probably racked up another 2,000 since then.

I do them for the gold and rep primarily. What I didn't like this expansion was them linking the VP rewards to rep. I understand why they did it, to keep people on that treadmill, but I don't agree with it.

I don't hate them, some can be fun. The one in Stormpeaks where you have to kill a proto drake midair was fun. They can get stale fast, unfortunately.

I love dailies when they're still relevant.

Pandaren Monk
    Now that I'm exalted with everything and can just do them when ever I feel like it, to get the bare minimum for charms, I hate them a whole lot less.

They are also a lot more fun now that there is a whole lot less people doing them.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2013-03-01 at 07:50 PM.

I'm fine with them, mostly because I made sure to max myself out to only working on one or two reps at a time. Never burned myself out (though golden lotus got close), and slowly worked through all of the reps. Gives something to do during the week, as opposed to the standard "get geared for raid, then stop logging in for anything else until next patch/expansion" that I usually end up doing.

Now working on the alliance pandaren faction, as I hadn't realized that was on the achieve for that kite, heh.

I don't hate dailies

The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    I like dailies for rep/rewards, not so much when I have to keep doing them 4 months after exalted for charms.

I don't understand how anyone can find that doing the same thing over and over again fun, in anyway. The first time or so through, yeah they are ok but, the next 3 weeks of the same shit in just a different order is mind numbing!
    The problem w/ them is, as someone else said, they are a old, washed up form of content. Then to gate gear progression behind them just makes them that much worse. I have no problem w/ people wanting/liking to do dailies. I myself hate them! Every last second of time wasted doing them, yet, I had to do them if I were to not be behind in gear for raiding or risk losing a spot in the raid group.
    So for those of you that enjoy doing them and will never see any further inside a raid than LFR I can see where they didn't feel mandatory.For those of us that enjoy a challenge and want to make our way through the raids on normal/heroic difficulty, they were almost definitely mandatory because not doing them meant risking losing your spot in your progression minded raid group.

They're a pretty good source of gold.

Meh, to me they were just there to pass the time. To me, they were never really force. Jc provides most of my gold.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

I dont mind dailies in general, but the freaking Golden Lotus ones are horrible.

I don't hate dailies, but I don't like that it is the only way to get factions to exalted in MoP.
    Only completed 5.8k dailies during my 2 year WoW carreer.

I have about 5k completed, I don't LOVE them with a passion but I do enjoy doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smetz View Post
    I dont mind dailies in general, but the freaking Golden Lotus ones are horrible.
    Especially at the beginning of MoP when I had green items and I had to get revered in order to start dailies at Shadopan/Celestials.....Golden Lotus is just horrible. On the other hand, I really like the 5.1 dailies. The concept, that you also get story quests on the way to exalted is great.

Just checked armory; I only need 42 mor dailies to complete [5000 Dailie Quests Complete]. Holy Crap!

I don't hate them at all, I even enjoy them for a while. What I hate is blizzard putting these enormous timesinks between my alts and decent ilvls, and dailies are a big part of it. I do not have the time or will to at this stage of this game to spend huge amounts of time just to keep my alts at a reasonable ilvl. I get that blizzard saw their cataclysmic mistake and made sure this time around there are plenty of timesinks to keep people subbed, but it really fucked up my alts. At least there will be a sneaky honor gear shortcut in 5.2.

I like them just fine. Sure, they're boring after a long while, but hey, everything is. I look forward to new daily content.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU