Should I return for Mists?

Hey guys, I wanted to ask for your opinions on this matter.

I was playing WoW since the release of Wrath of the Lich King and I absolutely enjoyed it. I started without any friends playing (which was a dumb thing to do because lets face it, playing with friends is what this game is all about) but I met some new people, joined an awesome guild and had a GREAT time... I stopped playing exactly one year ago. The reason was that I had to study for my biggest exam of my life and I was glad I did it because I managed to enter the university I loved and everything is going really good for me.

Now I am considering coming back. However I have two big issues. The first one is that I have lost contact with all my guildmates and I think they have left the realm or stopped playing at all. This makes me a bit reluctant. The other one is that I have heard many negative things about mists, lore-wise and in general.

So I wanted your opinion. I haven't written many posts in this forum but I follow it as much often as I can and I respect everyone's point of view. So, do you think I should return to at least test the game or I shouldn't tempt myself falling for that addiction again?

Thank you for your time, sorry for my bad English and sorry if I made it in the wrong section, I couldn't find any place more fitting.
    Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to you. We can't make that choice for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekPowa View Post
    Hey guys, I wanted to ask for your opinions on this matter.

I was playing WoW since the release of Wrath of the Lich King and I absolutely enjoyed it. I started without any friends playing (which was a dumb thing to do because lets face it, playing with friends is what this game is all about) but I met some new people, joined an awesome guild and had a GREAT time... I stopped playing exactly one year ago. The reason was that I had to study for my biggest exam of my life and I was glad I did it because I managed to enter the university I loved and everything is going really good for me.
    Well based on this alone, you still like the game, you just had to set it aside for more important things in your life, which is the best reason to quit a video game. Proud of you for that

Now I am considering coming back. However I have two big issues. The first one is that I have lost contact with all my guildmates and I think they have left the realm or stopped playing at all. This makes me a bit reluctant. The other one is that I have heard many negative things about mists, lore-wise and in general.

So I wanted your opinion. I haven't written many posts in this forum but I follow it as much often as I can and I respect everyone's point of view. So, do you think I should return to at least test the game or I shouldn't tempt myself falling for that addiction again?

Thank you for your time, sorry for my bad English and sorry if I made it in the wrong section, I couldn't find any place more fitting.
    Cheers.
    Well, the many negatives are slowly going away as the expansion advances, making "things" easier to get. The lore is alright, but my opinion can be biased as the only lore I really liked was The Burning Legion. And it's ok to start up again without knowing anyone on there, it could be like starting all over again. Except already having you'd only have to go from 85-90 then attempt to find a raiding guild/pvp guild and all that jazz all over again. If you have the time for it, go for it, if not, all you lost was 15 dollars

10+ Year Old Account
    Negative things about lore of MoP?, So far i only hear amazing things about MoP's lore, It's really good!
    And with the upcomming patch with the thunderking things will be only heading up!

And if you didn't see yet the trailer of 5.2, Take a look, if you feel anything with it, then You're back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q51B6M70QBs

Nah for real, MoP is great, and we can't say if you like it or not, all we can say our own opinion, but try it out, it's better then cata atleast in my opinion.
    Raiding hasn't been this good for while, and PvP could be better but its alright

Well Goodluck!

There's a free trial. See for yourself.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Thank you all for your answers, it means a lot to me... Well I am positive for a return, do you know which realm is currently open for new comers?

any low-pop EU realm really..even medium pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like PvP, don't join a pvp server.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes. come back and level a couple of your favorite toons thru the Pandaland zones. Very nice xpac and worth the money.
    When you hit 90,,,reassess. Max lvl is Kind of tedious and awful.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-03-02 at 02:34 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    yes. come back and level a couple of your favorite toons thru the Pandaland zones. Very nice xpac and worth the money.
    When you hit 90,,,reassess. Max lvl is Kind of tedious and awful.
    only in the opinion of those who like to complain about either difficulty when there is LFR for people who cant do normal, or dailys being required when lol i havnt done a daily since december.