Banned from Amazon for trying to sell hair extensions I couldn't return?

So I'm seriously pissed right now. My amazon account was banned because last night I listed these hair extensions I bought but couldn't return because I opened the packaging and ended up not liking them. So today I check my email and I have an email from the original seller saying I can't use their listing because it's copyrighted and if I don't remove the listing he'll go to amazon and take legal action. So I try to sign into Amazon to remove it and my accounts been banned. Like wtf?? No warning, just banned. How was I supposed to know it was copyrighted or whatever? Isn't everything you sell copyrighted then? I mean I don't know. I don't see why this is so different from selling a phone or a computer. All they had to do was remove the listing...ffs
    The best part? I didn't even get an email from Amazon explaining anything.
    Anyone else ever get banned from selling on amazon for a crappy reason?
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-15 at 05:27 AM.

Deleted
    did you buy those hair extensions from a company selling them on Amazon? because if so, that company probably has copyright on them and selling them is infringement on that copyright, since they got a deal they are the only ones that can sell them.

what likely happened was that some kind of automatic filter went off when you posted that, amazon noticed that you were selling something you weren't allowed to sell and banned you. that's why you should always read the fine print when posting something anywhere.

Isn't there 30 days of time to return product if not satisfied when bought over internet???

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Isn't there 30 days of time to return product if not satisfied when bought over internet???
    Not even only on internet-bought items, in the Netherlands. Sure, not everything can be returned but most items can. It's bullshit that you can't return something you don't like after all (excluding things like books/films/games/food and stuff like that ofcourse).

It's bad that they didn't warn to ban you, and banned you without telling you why. They seriously need to learn some people skills.

not for personal products like hair extensions. once they're out of the box, it's over jack.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    did you buy those hair extensions from a company selling them on Amazon? because if so, that company probably has copyright on them and selling them is infringement on that copyright, since they got a deal they are the only ones that can sell them.

what likely happened was that some kind of automatic filter went off when you posted that, amazon noticed that you were selling something you weren't allowed to sell and banned you. that's why you should always read the fine print when posting something anywhere.
    amazons usual ruling is if you don't like piggy-backing you can shove it, delete your own listing and handle it all yourself.

This probably has nothing to do with amazon as much as the company's item in question.

Deleted
    Technically if the product wasn't fit for sale, you can return it within 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try ebay. It's not illegal to sell an item you own there.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Try ebay. It's not illegal to sell an item you own there.
    ebay actually has just as much/more in the way of automatic systems that will block you if you sell an item that is on their filter as exclusive copyright. Happened to my shop on friday since an item we sold simply had a name in it the same as a brand (some perfume brand).

Well I got my account unbanned but now I'm not sure what to do with these $90 hair extensions.

Why not to try Ebay?

I always thought that what Ebay is for. To re-sell stuff you don't need.

15+ Year Old Account
    To start, $90 dollar hair extensions off the internet to begin with is HEINOUS, no?

In the future I'd double check the return policy before either purchasing a high price item, and more so opening it.

But, I'd try ebay, though there might be some strange policy about hair extensions due to safety reasons. Who knows.

You can also try and work it out with your credit card/debit card.

Did you put them in and just not like them? Did you open it up and just see that it wasn't your kind of thing? Was the packaging misleading by any means?

Depending on this really changes the action you can take. If you really want to go for it you can try chargeback.cc .
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtiiina View Post
    Well I got my account unbanned but now I'm not sure what to do with these $90 hair extensions.
    In the UK there is a website called Craigslist, or Gumtree in other countries, including the UK. Is there no alternative website you can use to sell them in America? (I'm assuming you are from America as you mentioned dollars)

Take your own pictures of them for starters.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

When listing the item, name the company and brand who makes them.

Take your own pictures of the items and it's packaging.

Make a note that the product is opened/used.

There is no reason a copyright is preventing you form reselling these unless you're A) Making money off of them. B) Cutting and pasting their entire add. C) Using their pictures. or D) Not giving the company's information on the product's listing. (Which may confuse some into think you're claiming it s you own).

Personally, I would list the item on ebay regardless.