Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which class is the worst for 10man in 5.2?

Hellow everybody. We should all know by now that Blizzard is doing a somewhat great Job with Class Balance. Over- and underpowered Classes and specs get tuned with each patch to be about as effective as others and by now Player skill should outweigh any minor class imbalances that will remain in 5.2. However, there is still the elephant in the room as in there are 11 classes but only 10 slots in 10man. Which Class is the best bet to not raid with in 5.2 tenman? Please post your suggestions here. (I know that may differ each fight but as a rule of thumb..)

Mages

A bunch of red fire wannabes. There is only one colour of flame that shall rule! GREEEEEEEN.

No but for reals what role are we talking?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Hellow everybody. We should all know by now that Blizzard is doing a somewhat great Job with Class Balance. Over- and underpowered Classes and specs get tuned with each patch to be about as effective as others and by now Player skill should outweigh any minor class imbalances that will remain in 5.2. However, there is still the elephant in the room as in there are 11 classes but only 10 slots in 10man. Which Class is the best bet to not raid with in 5.2 tenman? Please post your suggestions here. (I know that may differ each fight but as a rule of thumb..)
    I predict you get more responses addressing this sentence than you get actually answering your question. Anyway, it's probably too early to definitively call the worst class.

Mage > warlock if we are talking about raid buffs.

This has been asked a million times. You can't just say this class is the worst at raiding, just like you can't say this class is the best. Any given class in the hands of a capable player is "the best". Of course some classes can do more dps than others, but it's not something that is gonna break progression in a 10man group unless you go for world or server first.
    Synit 90 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    This has been asked a million times. You can't just say this class is the worst at raiding, just like you can't say this class is the best. Any given class in the hands of a capable player is "the best". Of course some classes can do more dps than others, but it's not something that is gonna break progression in a 10man group unless you go for world or server first.
    This x1000. You're not going to be left out of a raid JUST because of the class/spec you play unless you're going for server first.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

overall in 10mans, I would say melee is the least prefered..

Not saying they're a bad or anything, just that in 10mans, mechanics often favour ranged setups.

This has been asked a million times. You can't just say this class is the worst at raiding
    In 5.2 one class is overall bound to be simply less good than the other 10 overall in 5.2 for 10man, it is in the nature of 11 existing classes and 10 spots unless you claim that all Classes with all their differences and constant changes will be exactly 100% on the same efficiency level.

Again, All possible concerns like that the class efficiency difference is minor and compared to player skill and that the gap is tiny were already adressed in the first post. We know that. This topic was created under the assumption that class choice is a small factor in regards to progress.

Of course some classes can do more dps than others
    That wasn't the question at all.
    Last edited by Fincher; 2013-02-26 at 10:28 PM.

For our guild:

DPS: Balance Druid, Elemental Shaman
    Heals: Resto Shaman
    Tank: Brewmaster Monk

But like most people said above, it's super situational. The above examples are just what our guild has decided are weaker options for 5.2.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    For our guild:

But like most people said above, it's super situational. The above examples are just what our guild has decided are weaker options for 5.2.
    looks like your boomkin sucks

I get your Monk pick as its tanking is somewhat.. unconventional and only used by few top Guilds, but what about RestoShaman? Even if you decide that the healing is weak then you cannot utilize the mail items with spirit on it.

It is a similair Issue with Hunters. They have advantages but their DPS isn't anything Special and they provide zero Raidcooldowns but because Enhancement Shamans are Rare and no one else can use ranged Weapons, I feel like it's propably better for Progression to have a Hunter in the Raid than disenchanting all Agility Mail Items and ranged Weapons.

Also Remember that this topic is about whole Classes not Specs. For Example Shadow Priest seems to have been one of the weakest DPS Specs in prior patches but this doesn't mean that the Class Priest was not desirable.

Definitely Mages, since the massive nerfs they bring nothing to the table anymore except the refreshment table itself.
    You're way better off bringing a Shaman for Heroism and the +10% SP buff, with the added bonus of a +5% haste buff, Stormlash, massive burst etc.

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Rogue atleast in this Patch. For starters they are melee and they also bring nothing to the raid at all. What buffs they do have other classes that also have something for the raid also have those buffs. Next patch we have a shield wall, which makes no sense since we are a pure dps class so should be a dps buff. But could be worse i guess.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    For our guild:

Your guild sounds clueless. Even if there were right answers to the question, none of those selections would be it.

If I'm not mistaken, ranged caster continues to suffer this expansion from having too much to do.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Probably melees with the lack of ability to cleave or swap easily.

I'd guess ret paladin is the worst spec for a 10man, but that's not to say they can't hold their weight - a good player will still trump a worse one.

As for class, I couldn't say, they all have desirable specs.

Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    Your guild sounds clueless. Even if there were right answers to the question, none of those selections would be it.
    Sorry, maybe I should have rephrased. It's not that those were necessarily the weakest classes for 5.2, but those are the ones that aren't represented as main spec in our 10 man comp. Our WW Monk is BrM OS, our Ench Shaman is trying to gear up for Ele/Resto (but with patch probably next week not likely), and our Resto Druid will probably be Boomkin OS.
    Last edited by pld; 2013-02-27 at 02:13 AM.

a good player will be good on any class

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Restoshaman
    Thanks for sharing your Opinion but can you also elaborate? Like what does Resto Shaman lack as opposed the other 5 Healing Specs?
    Last edited by Fincher; 2013-02-28 at 06:02 PM.