Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    First off I will say this game is much more enjoyable (on PC) with a console controller (I am playing on a PS3 controller). While I absolutely love this game, after playing a bit of Arkham City (Steam Fall Sale), I realized how much more i enjoy combat in the latter game. When you get down to the harder Islands in Black Flag however, combat really consists of guys blocking all the time, and you trying to break their defense while countering other guys.

In Arkham, a counter is actually a counter attack. As a matter of fact in AC 2, this was the case as well. In Black Flag however a counter is just pushing a guy off to the side in order to deal with the others...UNLESS he is the last guy standing and you just counter and then attack. So what ends up happening? I just use the cheeseball smoke bombs and be done with it. Unless you are performing an assassination on a guy, swords out combat I have come to realize is just a lot of clanging of steel and no real feeling "badassery" like that feeling you get in Arkham City.

Great game tho.
    The bolded part: that never happened to me. I either shot everyone from a bush with pistols or ran in the middle, smoke bomb and then just killed them all. Blocking and countering seemed like such a waste of time:P Besides you needed to stay in stealth for 100% sync in most missions so the bush and pistol trick and later berserk darts+finish off survivors with a headshot worked a lot better.

I dont know why I love this game so much though. Is it the stunning graphics, the gameplay? Maybe the open world setting or even that I just love pirates and sailing ships:P Community events are fun but I really wish there was more. Talents maybe, levels? Ship missions (loved those in the main story) or even make it into MMO, the world is huge and there are so many expansion possibilities. African seas, china. Heck, they can even pull krakens and sea monsters cause its you know.. animus. They could mix these things into the Abstergo game so the MMO would be that game or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    In Black Flag however a counter is just pushing a guy off to the side in order to deal with the others...UNLESS he is the last guy standing and you just counter and then attack. So what ends up happening? I just use the cheeseball smoke bombs and be done with it. Unless you are performing an assassination on a guy, swords out combat I have come to realize is just a lot of clanging of steel and no real feeling "badassery" like that feeling you get in Arkham City.

Great game tho.
    I didn't have this experience. Sure, the brutes almost never succumb to a counter attack, but they're easy enough to deal with. Just move toward them while countering. You duck under their swing and come up behind them for the easy kill. Some of the Officer type mobs will counter your counter. Just makes it fun. Break defense - destroy them. Or just take a play from Indiana Jones and shoot them. In most ACs since AC2, different mobs take different techniques to kill. It won't always be easy mode turtle countering. I quite like the varying combat in the last few ACs, this one included. In fact, I LOVE that in this one, a mob will attack you even if you're in mid-counter attack animation killing another guy. Gotta stay on your toes. (and you can block/counter those attacks to cancel out your kill animation)

Getting full on kill streaks where you just mash attack after a kill to keep chaining kills isn't so easy this time around. But it was a bit too OP in AC3.

If you're pushing everyone out of the way, you're probably mashing the counter button a little too much (or it's sticking).
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2013-12-05 at 02:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Some of the Officer type mobs will counter your counter. Just makes it fun. Break defense - destroy them. Or just take a play from Indiana Jones and shoot them.
    I hate facing them in groups though. It seems that as soon as I break their defense, someone else attacks me and I either have to counter or take the hit, both of which give the officer time to re-defend.

However, I love hitting officers with the Berserker Dart. They mess up everyone in sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I hate facing them in groups though. It seems that as soon as I break their defense, someone else attacks me and I either have to counter or take the hit, both of which give the officer time to re-defend.

However, I love hitting officers with the Berserker Dart. They mess up everyone in sight.
    Yep. But I still think it's fun and keeps it from being a little too outrageously OP.

Berzerker darts are fun. Easiest way to do the assassination contracts without going into combat. Just hit the target with one, sit back and laugh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Smoke grenade then proceed to kill everyone while they sit dazed

This game is so hard... I can't get past the main theme

Assassin's Creed Unity is set to drop in one month, at November 11th. Someone should make a new thread for it, and a mod should add it to the stickied directory.

10+ Year Old Account
    ASSASSIN'S CREED ROGUE ANNOUNCED FOR PC

And I know its cool to hate Ubisoft but I love AC and this is a really good thing.