Few basic Boomkin PvP questions.

So i'm levelling a new druid, doing a lot of BGs and i really love playing Boomkin, had an 89 alliance one i played as Feral/Guardian but CBA paying 55$ for an alt with nothing rare on it and i have enough melee toons.

Been looking around and there isn't much pvp guides for Boomkins tough. Just looking to improve my play, mostly how to do damage as a boomkin.

First, ever Hardcast anything outside non-proc Starsurges if its off cd? Is Wrath/Starfire ever worth it, only in eclipse or to get into eclipse state?

How do you manage eclipses, just use Astral Communion to stay in eclipse state as much as possible or actually wait till it procs from Starsurges?

How many targets should i keep dotted in big fights? 2? 3? 4? More?

Ever worth it to go Bear for defense or is the 15% damage reduction from Boomkin form better?

If you ever have other tips to throw my way would be appreciated ^^.

Thanks for the help in advance.

the more dotted targets - the more SS procs.
    in Bgs it all depends if you have a healer around.

I rarely hardcast anything, cos it would mean I have to stand in 1 spot, only possible with someone healing and dispelling you a lot.
    but if you have a god healer around, you can rape opponents.

Out of eclipse - if you have a 4 piece bonus you can use astral communion running, if no 4piece you d have to stand in spot to cast AC. Better to get there with SS proc.
    Just run around and dot a lot to get them SS procs. Of course if you re not moving nor attacking nor being attacked you should always get into eclipse with AC, lunar best.

Remember to cast occasional cyclone on warriors, they love it.

glyph of nature's grasp (auto roots every 30 secs), glyph of moonbeast, glyph of might of ursoc(enhanced HP).

Bearform is better dmg reduction than moonkin, although you cant do much while in it.

when you re dying -might of ursoc (glyphed)+renewal [macro], then back to moonkin form (instant full heal 5 mins CD).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489880514
    Last edited by mikoslav; 2013-03-03 at 09:27 AM.

Use the 4 piece and channel Astral Communion while moving, you want to be in eclipse all the time during fighting. Dot up as many targets as possible. Stack resillience, in most BG's they will focus the big boomkin. You should also get the glyph that removes the boomkin form, so they dont spot you so easy.

For defence, I use Nature's Swiftness + healing touch macro, and you also have barkskin + might of ursoc. I also keep rejuv up on myself whenever I can. Booming is fun!
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Andycandyy/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Andycandy View Post
    Stack resillience, in most BG's they will focus the big boomkin. You should also get the glyph that removes the boomkin form, so they dont spot you so easy.
    Glyph of stars.
    Also there is a lot of smart use for Wild Charge in pvp, so you want to use it instead of Felline Swiftness.