Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I felt the way you do, but it's funny what a 'great tragedy' will do to you. I had a abusive parent who then ran off when I was older. The first time I saw them in 8 years or so was when the police contacted the family and said they were in a hospital bed in a coma. I went because... well I don't know why but I never cried so hard. I have every right to hate said parent but yet I stood there and cried. I felt bad for them. Different to your deal but still sort of the same. Our emotions have a funny way of doing what we don't expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Mourning the way we do it a bit in excess. Of course it's likely for one to bad extremely sad when something bad happens, but the reaction is exaggerated to garner attention.
    Could other people exaggeration, have caused me stress and false expectations? Could it be it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    yeah I had some intense experiences but that was a long time ago.
    You would be surprised how long things can stay with you on a subconscious level. When really negative things happen to us we tend to try to lock away the memories and the emotions along with them.

It might be beneficial for you to go see a therapist for some assistance with releasing / dealing with these subconscious emotions. And I can say first hand that they do help these exact situations. It just requires us to seek the help.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    You would be surprised how long things can stay with you on a subconscious level. When really negative things happen to us we tend to try to lock away the memories and the emotions along with them.

It might be beneficial for you to go see a therapist for some assistance with releasing / dealing with these subconscious emotions. And I can say first hand that they do help these exact situations. It just requires us to seek the help.
    Is there a difference between a good therapist and a bad one? how do I spot a good one? what kind of results should I expect?

I would say you are not emotionally dead. Only because if you were, you would not care.

Deleted
    I dont show feelings that much, and I just dont care in a lot of stuff... I didnt even go to my grandfather's funeral.
    But when my dad died I just broke down... really I was a complete mess, it took me 3 weeks before I started to work again. And me and my dad never really saw each other that much he and my mom devorced when I was 4 and he moved to another city so I only lived with him 3/4 weeks every year.

The thing is you cant be sure how you will react to something like that, it might effect you in a huge way and it might not even effect you at all.

Deleted
    Is there a difference between a good therapist and a bad one? how do I spot a good one? what kind of results should I expect?
    Good one makes you talk just by yourself. Aka not feeling forced to talk. Dont expect them to ask you things like some vending machine that pops out questions.

Cruel example:
    When they ask you "how was your week" dont say "it was ok" like you would to other people while hiding something..say what you actually feel like and happened. You felt tired, bored, angry, thought about getting wasted but didnt go, felt nothing when you X and Y. You know stuff like that.

I think bad ones are those that go like "yeah just get over it and do more of your job to bury feelings, you will get it over with that way! )" - you know what I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just sounds like the effects of depression. If my family members died I probably wouldn't care that much either even though they are always good to me.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I had some intense experiences but that was a long time ago.
    Long time ago doesn't matter. If they scar someone enough, the person can be scarred for life and never heal. Emotional pain/troubles/etc often never heal fully.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Im slightly older than you and have the same out look on life.
    Somthing (I wont go into what) did happen to me many years ago when I was still a child, That and getting my heart ripped out by someone I was planning on asking to marry me has left me dead inside emotionally. I now find it impossibly hard to make friends AFK and those I do have I tend to be guarded around and very rarely let them get to close.

It's a life style that suits me for the moment. So feel free to join the club.

Deleted
    My professional recommendation is to consult an actual professional if it's bothering you so much.