Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    No.
    Someone who dosent pay for the game, gets something.
    We who pay for the game today, gets nothing?
    Seems legit.
    That's because it IS legit. It's called Scroll of Resurrection, and if you don't have a subscriptions for like 90 days, they give you freebies. If you have kept a subscription for the last four years, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Free 85 is really not that enticing unless you want a Monk real fast, but Monks were a breeze to level for me anyways with the free exp. boost daily. I got an army of 85s back in Cataclysm, but due to the general alt. unfriendliness of MOP I cannot bother to level them all. Still I already got 6 90s, but I am already sick of the Pandaria questing.
    you have 6 lvl 90's and your suprised your getting bored of lvling alts .... hmm take a break or do end content on one of the 90's hehe
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

All right if this is true!

I was unsubscribed since August last year. I'll probably come back if this news is correct. And maybe if MoP is free or there's a $20 deal. (Although...they sent me a free 10 days of subscription + MoP on my account that I used...but I never paid for anything. That was in like late December.)

It does kind of suck how active subscribers get nothing. I'd be mad if I was an active subscriber too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Just to go against the arguments that will say "Oh GREAT more people who have no idea what they are doing."

If you have no idea what to do on a class and try to level 85-90 you will get your ass kicked, so they will most likely be somewhat competent by the time they hit 90.
    if you have no idea what to do, level 85-90 will STILL be stupidly easy. you have to be actively suicidal to die during levelling these days.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I wouldn't mind this being true. I have 12 90's and am working on 10 more so a free 85 would just make it that much easier.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it's another SoR promotion that will be hardly used?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    All right if this is true!

I was unsubscribed since August last year. I'll probably come back if this news is correct. And maybe if MoP is free or there's a $20 deal. (Although...they sent me a free 10 days of subscription + MoP on my account that I used...but I never paid for anything. That was in like late December.)

It does kind of suck how active subscribers get nothing. I'd be mad if I was an active subscriber too lol.
    I remember last year, Blizzard was bashed hard from their existing subscribers for rewarding the non-subscribers. Blizzard's answers were simply: Your reward was simply playing the game, and bringing old friends back. It's sad but true. Also, I too had that 10 free day deal. It's like Blizzard rewards the non-subscribers lol.

This is not "rewarding nonsubscribers". This is "enticing former players to come back and give us money". It is the exact same thing as all the cable or satellite companies having deals on shit, and saying "not available for current customers". Why? Because they already have you, and they want more. And obviously, what they have normally isn't enticing enough so they have to make it so. And getting a free 85 would be enticing (like the free 80).

It's a friggin business marketting ploy to get more money from new people. You want to benefit from this? Quit the game for 90 days and have someone send you a SoR. Otherwise, quit your complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Surprised more people are not saying "YOU NEED TO LEVEL FROM 1 TO LEARN YOUR CLASS": no you don't. Spend 5 minutes on Elitest jerks/ Icy Veins and you know your class
    Either one works, but I'd prefer it if someone had first-hand experience.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Clampz View Post
    That's because it IS legit. It's called Scroll of Resurrection, and if you don't have a subscriptions for like 90 days, they give you freebies. If you have kept a subscription for the last four years, nope.
    Heres my solution.

Buy WoW discounted up to Wrath/Cata for 415-20 whatever it was.
    Use it for 2 months fill it with lvl 1s and unsub
    Wait for next SoR resub for 1 month
    $15 lvl 80 char-transfer accounts
    unsub
    repeat

So basically you will pay $40 for each character for the 1 month subscription and the account transfer with the WoW account as overhead that can be reused as many times as they do SoR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to close this. It's not been very constructive and the entire thread is based on a rumor--attempted or otherwise--that no one seems to know anything about and for which there has been no source provided.

If anyone can come up with an actual link that this is indeed true, please either start another thread or send me a PM with the link and I'll reopen this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."