Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Just target the damn pet and kill it in 2 hits like any competent pvper does nowadays...
    2 shot a pet with like 380k+ hp with a healer healing it, sure it's more simple than just training the hunter but don't get all defensive about it and tell people to do the impossible by 2 shotting it...

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 07:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harkar View Post
    Let us Hunters have our day, we've been needing it. Cata brought us up good in PvE. So hunters deserve to be good for a few (3) expansions. :P
    you had free glad for like a whole month when mop came out and all you litterally had to do is hit stampede...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really have a huge problem with BM pet damage. What I do have a problem with is the amount of health the hunter pets have. My dk, when I play UH, has around 190-210k hp, depending on buffs, and I am fully upgraded mal gear with t2 weapon. A shitty geared BM hunters pet has AT LEAST 50-60k hp more than that, and they can res their pet at will. All they have to worry about is a cast time. A UHDK can only res their pet every 2 mins, AND the pet has a significantly less amount of health.Same is true for locks that run with pets. Significantly more hp and only a cast time to res the pet. How is this fair for a class that relies ontheir pet for a major portion of their damage? Not to mention, the dk pet is so goddamn buggy and requires a retarded amount of micromanagement. I really don't get why blizzard can't make simple things work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    2 shot a pet with like 380k+ hp with a healer healing it, sure it's more simple than just training the hunter but don't get all defensive about it and tell people to do the impossible by 2 shotting it...

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 07:33 AM ----------

you had free glad for like a whole month when mop came out and all you litterally had to do is hit stampede...
    The second part i'll give you, warriors popping cds and loling people and hunters stampede was stupid.
    but did you seriously just say our pets have 380k health? They barely have 240k for me, and they don't get full resil like we do so they drop like flies.
    Not like im playing right now anyway. the pvp is stupid this expansion (not just unbalanced, it always is) it's just not fun now. so flame away <,<
    Last edited by Hunterpower; 2013-03-02 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    I dont really have a huge problem with BM pet damage. What I do have a problem with is the amount of health the hunter pets have. My dk, when I play UH, has around 190-210k hp, depending on buffs, and I am fully upgraded mal gear with t2 weapon. A shitty geared BM hunters pet has AT LEAST 50-60k hp more than that, and they can res their pet at will. All they have to worry about is a cast time. A UHDK can only res their pet every 2 mins, AND the pet has a significantly less amount of health.Same is true for locks that run with pets. Significantly more hp and only a cast time to res the pet. How is this fair for a class that relies ontheir pet for a major portion of their damage? Not to mention, the dk pet is so goddamn buggy and requires a retarded amount of micromanagement. I really don't get why blizzard can't make simple things work properly.
    Yes you can ress pet every 2 mins and this is because your one is instant always warlocks have passive ability on demonology also can instant ress pet every 10 min hubters need specific pet spec to get that 10 min ress normally no one hnter use that spec coz other one is much more better
    Also L2 heal your pet and you dint loss how much know damage if you get your pet lost only the free healing from it
    I hate BM just because the pet maybe is powerfull tool but almost never is where you want to be and w/o pet we cant do nothing unless you arent at 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    and you dint loss how much know damage if you get your pet lost only the free healing from it
    Is this actually english? I understand if you're trying to convey a point but actually making sense usually helps the cause.

Not knowing how to deal with a hunter+pet does not make the pet too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I regularly see "claw" for something stupid like 20-30k on full resil
    He aint lyin'.

Claw hits for 30-40k crit.
    Blinkstrike for 60-70k crit.
    Kill command for 80k+

That's all on full resil targets.

Yes. hunter's pets are overpowered, and It's got all the shitty hunters from last xpack walking around cocky as shit because they can just backpedal with deterrence / exhilaration / Readiness / deterrence / exhilaration spam while their pet rapes anything.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    He aint lyin'.

Kill command for 80k+

Yes. hunter's pets are overpowered, and It's got all the shitty hunters from last xpack walking around cocky as shit because they can just backpedal with deterrence / exhilaration / Readiness / deterrence / exhilaration spam while their pet rapes anything.
    This. And being a clothie doesnt help that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Warsfeil View Post
    This. And being a clothie doesnt help that much.
    I'm a rogue, and even with 30 percent damage reduction from feint, 70 percent dodge with evasion and 62 percent resil.... I'm taken down to near half hp from the hunters main pet before the hunter himself is out of my cheapshot.

Hunter pets -are- still ridiculous. I can run around the Ruins of Gilneas grave all day long and shut the hunter down effectively, look at the pet's damage after the fight is over and it has done the most damage. It has done more damage than the hunter, his buddy, as well as the 2 DPS I'm in there with.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As most/everyone else is saying, Hunter Pet's do stupid amounts of damage. I do arena 2's with a friend (Usually Warrior/Monk, Pala/Mage, Mage/Warrior DPS) and out of approximately 30 games a week at least 50% if not closer to 75% have a BM Hunter. Sometimes two. And more often than not they just pop stampede after about 10 seconds and as soon as we run out of AoE CC we get mauled to death. My friend (in full Dreadful with some Malevolent) is getting 60k hits from the pets. Oh, and did I also mention they heal the Hunter?

I wouldn't mind quite as much if I didn't see them as much, but when the average comp will be random + BM Hunter you start to realize how stupid it is. Especially as a Mage now. Never seemed to have much of a chance vs a Hunter but with Spell Reflect, change to RoF Delay, Silencing Shot, Heals and Pet Armada, might as well just roll over and die.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Hunter pets -are- still ridiculous. I can run around the Ruins of Gilneas grave all day long and shut the hunter down effectively, look at the pet's damage after the fight is over and it has done the most damage. It has done more damage than the hunter, his buddy, as well as the 2 DPS I'm in there with.
    Could have to do with not taking the pet serious, the pet is about half of the total damage a BM Hunter does, when neither gets disrupted. It really sounds to me as an "i don't WANT to have to deal with it" issue.

Deleted
    Do you know how many hunters will be glad to switch to mm/sv. BM is not as OP as people make it out to be. It is really l2p issues here. CC the pet like hell, with those fears those dk slows, aoe fears from locks priests , the bm hunter will cry so much .. Honestly, if mm and sv become as viable as bm, with some revamp to lvl 75 and 90 talent tree with something that actually benefits mm and sv. even if the dps is the same or like a bit below bm , huge swithc will occur from the class. Its a button mash spec and really really is annoying...............

Deleted
    I saw this earlier:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...83260179050496

Hopefully blizz is finally noticing hunters flying under the radar. To the ground baby!

Two shotting a pet is outright false.

First of all: Master-pets (BM, Demo, UH, Glyphed WE) have almost as much health as their owners and their full resilience.

Second: Any competent hunter will at least manage his pet to the extent of not letting it wander off for 15 seconds.

Third: Mend pet, healers and hunter control overall makes killing a pet too hard to attempt, if you do it you probably: lost a shit-ton of health, dealt a lot damage that could have been focused on an actual person, spent one or two cooldowns to deal with the damage and throw out some yourself, and you'll get chain cc'd while the Hunter casts a res

Having said that, I'm full resilience and wear Plate armor. I got crit 71k and 72k kill commands in a single BW.

That's no balanced, I can't crit that high myself, why should an autonomous, un-cc'able, monster NPC able to hurt me so much every 60 seconds?

Better yet, to what extent can I fight back against it? should i use my abilites to keep the pet away for me when it goes red to drag on the fight instead of setting up a kill? that's overextending.

Even better, BMs are the only class/spec that need two separate CC's to block out their burst.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two shotting a pet is outright false.
    While I think he may have been exaggerating about two-shotting the pet, they are relatively squishy if you swap to them when they're low. When a hunter uses Roar of Sac, the pet takes a lot of damage from the critical strikes that RoS is immuning. A well timed RoS against big burst will leave the pet ~50% health. Swapping to the pet after that / DoTs widdling the pet down / random incidental damage will bring the pet lower. They aren't impossible to kill, nor very difficult at all.

First of all: Master-pets (BM, Demo, UH, Glyphed WE) have almost as much health as their owners and their full resilience.
    Wrong. Mine has 272k health. I have 388k health. Nearly fully upgraded elite gear.

Having said that, I'm full resilience and wear Plate armor. I got crit 71k and 72k kill commands in a single BW.
    Link your gear please? I've never crit that hard with Kill Command on any plate wearer.

That's no balanced, I can't crit that high myself, why should an autonomous, un-cc'able, monster NPC able to hurt me so much every 60 seconds?
    What melee class cannot crit for over 70k? I know warriors can. I know rets can. I know frost DKs can. I'm confused? Un-CCable pet? Have you read patch notes in the past 5 months? Pets are no longer immune to CC during BW. They haven't been for many months.

Even better, BMs are the only class/spec that need two separate CC's to block out their burst.
    And hunters are the only class that needs to use two CCs to make one of ours efficient. And this is still hardly true. You can use one CC on the hunter and the BW'd pet is doing hardly any damage. Auto attacks and claw doesn't do huge burst without the use of Kill Command and Blink Strike (which are both unavailable while a hunter is crowd controlled or silenced).

Let me take a shot in the dark and guess you're one of the people that still thinks Stampede does a ridiculous amount of damage, right? Guess what, it doesn't. It was fixed a long time ago. Get over it and learn classes before you start shouting random bullshit. You sound like a mongoloid.
    Last edited by Nitrix; 2013-03-02 at 11:37 PM.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Deleted
    He aint lyin'.

Kill command for 80k+

Yeah sure our pets are overpowered. Every class can counter our pets and render BM hunters useless.

If you get killed by a hunter pet, you need to L2P. No good arena or pvp'er gets killed by them, just saying.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in the 1300 bracket. I can promise you that doesn't happen in the 2200+ bracket.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Don't bm hunter get like a free rebirth for their pets? You will have to kill it twice.
    Wich is about 6 hits.

What arena bracket are we talking about here? I can understand if people don't know how to kill a pet or aren't countering when they're aware that the BM Hunter is popping CD's, but I haven't heard any top rated non-hunter class player that claims pets are a problem. Lets not even talk about RBG's, as you may as well name most of the high-rated ones as a caster haven.

I've currently been hearing SP's and ferals being the ones that are flying low under the radar, something GC has acknowledged long ago.