Poll: Best Duelling Profession for sPVP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Best Duelling Profession for sPVP

So who do you think is the best 1v1 in sPVP? Feel free to mention what type of build you'd choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Mesmer, Engineer, and Guardian can fight for days 1v1 but take longer to kill someone. I've always had a hard time dueling good Mesmers and Necros.

I feel good dueling with my ranger but every class has something to get mad about.

A few things I see alot:
    Thieves are annoying at times.
    GOOOD mesmers are a pain in the ass to deal with.
    Guardians are ALWAYS yucky to deal with regardless of the player experience playing one.

And the hardest "duel" I've had was a Necro. He was Axe/Minions Master I think...
    He owned (it was in a game). He killed me several times (Granted if I was melee I might have been better against him, since my arrows would just go on his pets). I killed him only once 1 while alone. And even with an additional helper I think we've lost a few times, up to 3v1. But Idk about now...

The best duel I've had would have to be with a guardian on my necro, we fought for a good 2 -3 minutes straight with no interruption. Both had our ups and downs but it was great and I narrowly managed to win.

With that said voted for mesmer because they're the biggest pain in the backside to deal with.

I'm going to go with Mesmers, although I can outlast some of them on my engineer I just can't keep up with them..
    Excited

Deleted
    I can't imagine anyone beating a really good thief, perhaps it's just me lacking experience playing other classes at high level but that would be my guess.

Deleted
    you just need to built tanky nothing special...

Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    I can't imagine anyone beating a really good thief, perhaps it's just me lacking experience playing other classes at high level but that would be my guess.
    Guardians, warriors, necromancers and elementalists can all kill a thief with relative ease.

Deleted
    Its pretty hard for a thief to win 1v1 in spvp vs a player who understands how thief works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Guardians, warriors, necromancers and elementalists can all kill a thief with relative ease.
    I'm sure anyone can do it when the stars align but nobody kills a good thief with ease that's just not true.

A good thief won't be killed. There are too many escape mechanisms for them. Mesmers are the hardest thing to kill imo. Clones, mass confusion stacks, and a really good down state.

A good thief should almost never die in PvP. That's not to say they'll always win, but they'll at the least get away.

If you run you've lost. You're basically admitting you can't handle your foe=loss.
    If you set up a 1v1 "arena" and the other guy just runs away it's quite obvious he lost imo, I really don't get why "getting away" would mean a win/draw... A 1v1 is you have to players, now fight to the death, you can reset fights ofc but just running away is silly.

If that's too hard to follow let's go with this, a thief can not kill a bunker ele, guardian, warrior or necro. A bunker ele, war, gardian or necro will kill a thief (if he doesn't run) therefor ele, war, guard, nec > thief.

Deleted
    I'm sure anyone can do it when the stars align but nobody kills a good thief with ease that's just not true.

Kill them? no, send them running away like a coward? pretty easily.

Thiefs are like rogues in any other MMO, they run like hell when anyone fights back. You may not kill them, but they really should not kill you.
    |
    If you run you lose. you have sacrificed the control of the area to the person who sent you running. You may not die, but you'v been beaten, and you know it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    If you run you've lost. You're basically admitting you can't handle your foe=loss.
    If you set up a 1v1 "arena" and the other guy just runs away it's quite obvious he lost imo, I really don't get why "getting away" would mean a win/draw... A 1v1 is you have to players, now fight to the death, you can reset fights ofc but just running away is silly.

If that's too hard to follow let's go with this, a thief can not kill a bunker ele, guardian, warrior or necro. A bunker ele, war, gardian or necro will kill a thief (if he doesn't run) therefor ele, war, guard, nec > thief.
    I can agree on it to be seen as a victory if the other guy runs away, but I specifically responded to your post wich claimed the thief would be easily killed and that I don't agree with nor your mere assertion that the above bunkers will kill a thief where the thief cannot kill them, they might be the best counter to a thief but you're speaking in such absolutes it becomes less believeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Kill them? no, send them running away like a coward? pretty easily.

Thiefs are like rogues in any other MMO, they run like hell when anyone fights back. You may not kill them, but they really should not kill you.
    |
    If you run you lose. you have sacrificed the control of the area to the person who sent you running. You may not die, but you'v been beaten, and you know it.
    Send them running maybe, because they can so easily do that, if it's too much work they might deem it not worth the effort, the post I responded to there was specifically regarding easily killing a thief though like I stated above and if we pretend it's a pure duel situation the running away is obviously not an option and I still don't think anyone can actually kill a thief unless he lets himself be killed at the very least not easily, it's possible someone can survive everything he can throw at them for a good while but in the end somethign's gotta give.
    Last edited by mmoc7104c19b7e; 2013-03-11 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    Guardian and Thief in my opinion

I can agree on it to be seen as a victory if the other guy runs away, but I specifically responded to your post wich claimed the thief would be easily killed and that I don't agree with nor your mere assertion that the above bunkers will kill a thief where the thief cannot kill them, they might be the best counter to a thief but you're speaking in such absolutes it becomes less believeable.
    I didn't say "easily killed" I said: "with relative ease" which means "fairly easily".

Ranger is a great dueling class.
    when facing other rangers.

Deleted
    i play a D/D elementalist and i must say they are the best duelers!
    i

Deleted
    By that logic, no one kills a good player with ease. Which is a very good thing.